Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 11th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Post

We need more 4+ power cards so I have more things to forget and by extension more excuses for why I did not win.
Old September 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We need more 4+ power cards so I have more things to forget and by extension more excuses for why I did not win.
I have a few 4 power designs but that's because it was really the only way to accurately represent them.
Old September 11th, 2014, 12:20 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:

NAME = ROCKET RACER
SECRET IDENTY = Robert Farrell
SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Desperate

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

JET POWERED SKATEBOARD
Rocket Racer does not have to stop his movement when entering a water space, and Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Rocket Racer, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Rocket Racer's height of 5 when climbing.

ROCKET PUNCH
If Rocket Racer moved at least 4 spaces with his normal move this turn and attacks a figure he was not adjacent to at the beginning of his turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled.
I think if I drew up Rocket Racer, it would look a little more like this. In your original, I wasn't getting the theme behind a 3-range punch so I made it work a bit more like Batroc's Leaping Kick. I also don't think he can quite fly, just hover a little above surfaces (even vertical ones), so I dropped Flying and made Jet Powered Skateboard into a movement power rather than a Spidey Sense kind of thing. It's a hybrid of Absorbing Man's movement power and Expert Climbing. I also bumped his range down by 1, but kept the rest of your stats and left box intact. Feel free to use what you like and ignore what you don't.

As for three powers versus two, I recommend settling for two here. Whenever you can nail a design in two powers (or even one!), go for it. If there's something else a design needs, for theme or mechanical reasons, don't be shy about throwing a third power on a card. But a third power should never be added just for the sake of having another one.
Looks good to me mane thanks.
From what I read he can let 4 rockets off at a time to punch that's why I had it the was it was, you know your stuff tho and this looks good.

Old September 11th, 2014, 02:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
@japes you should start a post here and in the rewards thread. I'd love to see you start designing
@Karat ...You asked for it...

M.R.D. Troopers

Admittedly these are for my son and are heavily influenced by the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon he loves but anyways...
Ideally I'd like these two to come out to 300 points total so they fit nicely into a Spider-Man II, Ironfist, Luke Cage 1000 point team.

First up is a Sam Alexander version of Nova a rookie still learning his power...

Spoiler Alert!

Next up is the Ava Ayala version of White Tiger

Spoiler Alert!

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; February 21st, 2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Incorporating Ronin & Karat edits
Old September 11th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like both dessigns, a couple of edits though.

Reckless Action 16
Whenever you reveal an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the turn ends. Instead you must take an immediate turn with Nova. When using Impulsive DecisionReckless Action 16, add 1 die to hisNova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.

TIGER AMULET EMPOWERMENT
When White Tiger rollsing defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. If White Tiger rolls any additionalexcess shields, she may immediately move using her Stealth Leap 10 special power.

Question though. Thematically, why would 1 shield block all damage for White Tiger on any attack?
Old September 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Should Sam be a Centurion, like Nova Prime? That class might have been picked out with the intent of creating a Nova Corps faction. I do like the use of Sonic Flying.

Not nuts about the Self-Importance riff, but if you do keep to that direction, I'd recommend wording it a little more like the current text in the Penguin's SP (which the card hasn't been updated to match yet). Incorporating Karat's edits, that would give you something like this:

RECKLESS ACTION 16
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Nova, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Reckless Action 16, add 1 die to Nova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:08 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Should Sam be a Centurion, like Nova Prime? That class might have been picked out with the intent of creating a Nova Corps faction. I do like the use of Sonic Flying.

Not nuts about the Self-Importance riff, but if you do keep to that direction, I'd recommend wording it a little more like the current text in the Penguin's SP (which the card hasn't been updated to match yet). Incorporating Karat's edits, that would give you something like this:

RECKLESS ACTION 16
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Nova, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Reckless Action 16, add 1 die to Nova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.
I don't know a ton about the Nova Corp and I did have thoughts of future synergies on my mind but I do believe that Centurion is sort of a Rank in the Corp and I don't think this Nova is at that Rank.

Thanks for the wording...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:

Reckless Action 16
Whenever you reveal an Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the turn ends. Instead you must take an immediate turn with Nova. When using Impulsive DecisionReckless Action 16, add 1 die to hisNova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.

TIGER AMULET EMPOWERMENT
When White Tiger rollsing defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. If White Tiger rolls any additionalexcess shields, she may immediately move using her Stealth Leap 10 special power.

Question though. Thematically, why would 1 shield block all damage for White Tiger on any attack?
It's a based off of ACROBATIC MANEUVER that Harley Quinn and Gypsy have and was the best way I could come up with to show here super human agility...from the following

As the inheritor of her family's magical Amulets of Power (Tiger Totem), Ava Ayala's endurance, speed, agility and dexterity have been enhanced to abnormal levels for a human being. Utilizing her heightened cat-like reflexes and over-all mobility, Ava has become a formidable acrobatic, allowing her to evade assault from enemies. The Tiger Totem's mystical properties can sometimes become vastly overwhelming, augmenting Ava's strength and causing her to become highly volatile or feral.

Since I already had an offensive power that took into account the highly volatile aspect (which give someone on this team a multi attack) I wanted to represent the physical aspects with a defensive power so I avoided all the typical close combat/martial arts powers.

Old September 11th, 2014, 04:28 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:

Reckless Action 16

TIGER AMULET EMPOWERMENT

Since Excess Shields could be confusing since one shield block all I worded it as if two or more shields are rolled. Other than that I took the advice of both of you and made changes seen above.

Nova - Sam Alexander
White Tiger - Ava Ayala

Old September 11th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Reckless Action 16

TIGER AMULET EMPOWERMENT

It's a based off of ACROBATIC MANEUVER that Harley Quinn and Gypsy have and was the best way I could come up with to show here super human agility...from the following

As the inheritor of her family's magical Amulets of Power (Tiger Totem), Ava Ayala's endurance, speed, agility and dexterity have been enhanced to abnormal levels for a human being. Utilizing her heightened cat-like reflexes and over-all mobility, Ava has become a formidable acrobatic, allowing her to evade assault from enemies. The Tiger Totem's mystical properties can sometimes become vastly overwhelming, augmenting Ava's strength and causing her to become highly volatile or feral.

Since I already had an offensive power that took into account the highly volatile aspect (which give someone on this team a multi attack) I wanted to represent the physical aspects with a defensive power so I avoided all the typical close combat/martial arts powers.
In that case, I would just give her Acrobatic Maneuver. It's much cleaner
Old September 11th, 2014, 04:53 PM
A Man of Taste

I think you are right...I was probably getting to cute there trying to incorporate the theme.

Updated her.

Old September 11th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Sam and Ava are both big interests of mine - I actually am a fan of the new Nova comics, despite the bad rap they've gotten, and Ava (along with the new Power Man) are really cool in Mighty Avengers. She was in Avengers Academy, too, as I think of it, which I was also a big fan of.

For Sam, honestly, the Tag-Team Lift doesn't work. He's not a team player at all in the comics; loner to the core and sort of a jerk whenever he has to team up. Any sort of "help your own figures" should mostly be incidental rather than intentional. I think some sort of "crash collision" power is a necessity, though, as his general mode of transportation and biggest feature is moving super SUPER fast and either leaving a huge crater upon landing or just straight crashing into an enemy. Some sort of "deal damage upon engaging a figure, extra damage if you use Sonic Flying" would be cool.

Reckless Action sounds about right. Class could go either way - he's not really an active member of the Nova Corps, so Crime Fighter makes sense, since he's a member of the new New Warriors (or was until they got cancelled) and our only other New Warriors (Speedball) has that Class.

Ava seems fine to me... I'm not a fan of Acrobatic Maneuver in general as a mechanic, but it's appropriate for her. Stealth Leap can be tweaked up or down depending on what we want. Berserker Rage is a really good choice, both personality-wise and considering the self-destructive nature of the Tiger Amulet(s?). I'm a bit concerned that, as-is, she's a bit too close to Tigra, who's also part of the Luke Cage faction, has a Leap, has Berserker Rage, and is a cat-themed superheroine. Stat differences might make her play differently, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy