Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: SLH Season 5! Semi-Finals Posted! Due 9-7-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Finals:

Players whose names are italicized won the diceoff and will choose to pick and place first or second.

dok (4-1) v capsocrates (4-1)
- dok - Kang x2, Red Tornado, Deathlok, Cmdr. Rogers, Arnim Zola, Ozymandias, Mad Thinker, Chronos
- capsocrates - Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange, Iron Patriot, Mandarin, Red Skull (C3G), Hawkeye (II), Moon Knight, Deadshot, Weather Wizard
This draft pool is tough. It took us all day, but we have finished our draft. I deferred to dok, expecting him to take Ms. Marvel...

Code:
dok           capsocrates
Ozymandias    Ms. Marvel
Chronos       Commander Rogers
Hawkeye II    Red Skull
Mandarin      Moon Knight
Kang

15            30
I'm not sure when we will start. Maybe tonight.
caps and I are tentatively scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) night, at 7:30 Mountain/8:30 Central.
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:28 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: SLH Season 5! Finals Posted!

Code:
dok           capsocrates
Ozymandias    Ms. Marvel
Chronos       Commander Rogers
Hawkeye II    Red Skull
Mandarin      Moon Knight
Kang

15            30
After a delayed start because of my kids and a delay in the middle for caps's, we have finally completed this season.

After Chronos dropped his glyphs and went Time Bandit onto his card, I started on an equipment hunt on this massive map, grabbing a second set of EM rings to go with the ones Mandarin had. With three glyphs of temporal displacement and two sets of EM rings, I could basically shamble my whole army forward every turn.

I thought I had foiled things for caps when I stole Moon Knights OMs, but caps made lemonade out of lemons with a truly dastardly tactic - hitting Moon Knight for wounds, then transferring them to Kang with the Cosmic Cube. I hadn't considered this, so I had to kick things into high gear to get over there and get the cube out of play.

caps met my charge with Ms Marvel, and while she managed to bring both Kang and Mandarin to their last life, I was able to pull her away from the other Avengers (Red Skull the Avenger? ) and take her down. Red Skull followed soon after.

However, caps won the key third round initiative, and Moon Knight crescent darted Kang to death, costing me an OM. Moon Knight exchanged some blows with Ozy, which ended with Moon Knight going down.

Around this time the game of Cosmic Cube hot potato began, with Moon Knight killing Mandarin and Ozy wounding Commander Rogers. Chronos showed up to do some temporal glyph goodness and allow me to withdraw my figures behind the shadow of the hive (appropriate name for this map) to protect from the cube.

At that point it was a healthy Hawkeye and a once-crescent-darted Ozy against Commander Rogers with 1 or 2 life. I did my best to snipe at Rogers from outside the counterstrike range, but he did eventually close in. Hawkeye took two wounds from an attack up in melee, but survived the disengage and escaped re-engagement thanks to Ozy's stolen OM.

I survived one white-knuckle attack up on Hawkeye from Rogers with 1 life left, and then Chronos came back to the map for a coup de gras - engaging Rogers, healing Hawkeye, and delivering a 4th wound on Rogers. With Rogers tied down, Hawkeye fled out to max range and was finally able to finish him with an elevated attack of 5.

stats:
Spoiler Alert!

Great game, and fun season. See everyone in S6!
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:50 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

That was fun, thanks for playing with me dok. You played well, as always, and there were several moments there that I felt, shall we say, 'validated' for my sometimes long SLH turns.

You didn't mention that in the round where he took Ms. Marvel down, all my OMs were on her card and I hadn't taken any turns yet--I suppose you were graciously covering for my stupidity in not safely putting those OMs on Commander Rogers (who could have transferred them to MM as needed if she survived) when Ms. Marvel was in dangerous territory with 3/5 wounds at the end of the round.

I wonder how long it will take me to forget that mistake?...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM

Yeah, it's generally not my policy to dwell on my opponent's errors in my games.

I made my share of mistakes, too. Obviously, I didn't realize that the Cosmic Cube autowound has unlimited range. So my early movement was way too conservative. More critically, I should have taken down Moon Knight when I had the chance with Kang and Mandarin instead of attacking Red Skull and Commander Rogers. Getting his autowounds off the map would have ensured that Temporal Defense stayed in play. (Plus, attacking CR with a normal attack within 5 spaces is generally an act of last resort... it's amazing that the army that had Commander Rogers went 1-4 in my games.)

Last edited by dok; September 25th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events