Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 11th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
Updated, had to take a little out to fit, so i took out the 10 level limitation on Arm Canon.

Old November 11th, 2007, 06:41 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Looks good, the only things I would change are to drop "Move 6." from Thruster Jump and change "Instead of normal movement," to "Instead of moving normally," They are more in line with 'official' wording.

Old June 14th, 2018, 11:49 PM

Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby! Talyn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Duel Masters figure into Heroscape Custom - Captain Horv

Updating this thread to house my overall custom units. Updating that old Duel Masters card at the moment.

Also just finished up this scorpion, more info on first page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captain-Horvath (2).jpg (459.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png govuru.png (775.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg normal_IMG_2009.jpg (27.8 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by Talyn; June 18th, 2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old June 16th, 2018, 03:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Talyn's Custom Units - Giant Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I've always thought that a Common Scorpion Hero was a shoe-in for Aquilla with some sort of Desert expansion, so it's nice to see that someone else has felt similar. I really like the direction that you're taking this unit so far--it's refreshing to see something simple and thematic for the spiders!

I do see a couple of concerns, though, namely that Common figures can only have 1 Life in normal HeroScape. Most people use just one card for all of their common figures, so there is no system for tracking which common figures have taken how many wounds. This may be a typo, but if not, then I'd recommend switching to an Uncommon Hero, since that looks to be in line with the rest of the design so far.

The other concern that I have is the potential memory problem for Paralyzing Strike. Remembering which figures have been paralyzed and which haven't each round could become a little taxing, albeit it looks to be toned down enough that it probably won't be a huge issue. I would probably prefer to see some kind of Paralysis Marker or the like to help with this, but that might end up just complicating the power further.

I also worry a little bit that having a slow Scorpion bond with the quick Spiders will lead to it getting left behind and mostly unused. I would suggest bumping up the move to 5 (and decreasing Desert Pounce to only +2 move to compensate if needed) so that the figure is a little less dependent on terrain and more versatile.

Overall, I really like this unit so far! How cheap is the mini online? I may have to look into getting a couple of them at some point.
Old June 16th, 2018, 04:20 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I think you may want to change Paralyzing Strike, that is if you want to halt movement only. If you want to halt defense rolls with the Paralyzing Strike, since all Paralyzing abilities stop defense rolls. The Desert Pounce reminds me of Fallout 4 Radscorpions using dig ability to attack you.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; June 17th, 2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old June 16th, 2018, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys Glad to know I didn’t completely blow it on my first try in almost a decade lol.

The mini I used is about $6-8 online, so fairly cheap.

Last edited by Talyn; June 16th, 2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I thought I was the only one that noticed that Aquilla needs more Arachnid love. Name = Death Skull Scorpions
General = Aquilla
Planet = Valhalla
Species = Arachnid
Uniquity = Common
Type = Squad
Class = Hunters
Personality = Relentless
Size = Small
Height = 2

Master Stats
Life = 1
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 2
Defense = 3

Basic Stats
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 5
Defense = 4

Points = 40
(Single Spaced)

Hunting Pack
Before moving Death Skull Scorpions, roll the 20-sided die.
If you roll 1 - 12, you may move and attack with up to 4 Death Skull Scorpions you control.
If you roll 13 - 16, you may move and attack with up to 8 Death Skull Scorpions you control.
If you roll 17 - 20, you may move and attack with up to 12 Death Skull Scorpions you control.

Poison Sting 18
Instead of attacking, Death Skull Scorpions may use Poison Sting 18. Once for each opponent's figure adjacent to at least one Death Skull Scorpion you control, roll the 20-sided die for poison damage. Add 1 to your die roll for each Death Skull Scorpion you control engaged with that figure. If you roll an 18 or higher, that figure receives one wound. If the wound was inflicted and the figure was not destroyed, roll again for poison damage for that figure. Poison Sting does not affect destructible objects.

Climb X3
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Death Skull Scorpions may triple their height.

Number of Figures = 4
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = None
The figure used for this unit is Giant Scorpion from Auggies Wizkids D&D Set. The name and model number is Giant Scorpion Tomb of Annihilation #029.

Really, really bad form to post your own design on someone else's thread.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 17th, 2018, 12:08 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post

Really, really bad form to post your own design on someone else's thread.
Sorry, I edited the post so it is positive feedback for the Govuru Scorpion.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:59 PM

I updated paralyzing strike to be more similar to Dund, which helps simplify it by removing an order marker instead of trying to remember who's losing a move that round.
Attached Images
File Type: png govuru.png (775.1 KB, 79 views)

Old June 19th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I updated paralyzing strike to be more similar to Dund, which helps simplify it by removing an order marker instead of trying to remember who's losing a move that round.
I like this change overall, and it makes the design a lot stronger and more streamlined in my opinion. The only problem that I see is that it now steps on the toes of the Fyorlag Spiders a little bit, which are the main units that will be used with the Govuru Scorpions. Combining both could be a little too effective on Order Marker removal, although this is just speculation on my part.

On the other hand, the Scorpion doesn't bring much new to their build anymore. They already have quick movement without the terrain dependency and the potential for Order Marker removal, along with some bulky bonding options to protect themselves a little bit. I really like this design's simplicity, but I can't help but feel like it needs a little umph to set it apart from the other Predators.
Old June 20th, 2018, 01:24 AM

Re: Talyn's Custom Units - Govuru Scorpion

I’ve thought about doing something with quicksand similar to rolling for lava damage, but not sure how I’d tie that into this scorpion, it was more gonna be a way to make the Planeswalkers sand tiles more unique since they look different than other sand tiles.

Maybe some mechanism to have them place a single space quicksand tile adjacent to the scorpion with a certain roll or something. That space now becomes sort of a spring trap, or scorpion burrow.

Old June 20th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Re: Talyn's Custom Units - Govuru Scorpion

Ok I might have the umph this needs. By giving it the ability to CREATE a sand space adjacent, after that turn you can almost be guaranteed the additional 2 moves by starting on that new sand space.

SAND STORM

Before moving, choose any unoccupied space adjacent to a figure you control who follows Aquilla. The chosen figure can be a Govuru Scorpion. Place one sand tile on that space. A sand tile cannot be placed on top of a water, swamp water, ice or molten lava space.

DESERT POUNCE

When a Govuru Scorpion starts it's move from a sand space, that Govuru Scorpion may add an additional 2 spaces to it's move. Govuru Scorpion does not take leaving engagement attacks when using Desert Pounce. When counting spaces for Desert Pounce, ignore elevation when moving onto a sand space.

PARALYZING STRIKE
After moving and before attacking, choose any adjacent opponent's figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher remove all order markers on the chosen figure's army card (or cards if your opponent has more than one common card for that figure).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Govuru-Scorpion.jpg (639.1 KB, 1 views)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards