Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
[cues the song "The Neverending Story"]

Old July 24th, 2007, 12:37 AM

eggsaladsandwich has disabled reputation
100 dollah hawthornes

look at it this way...if you had gone to the con from anywhere other than local you'ld have paid airfare or gas money + the price of the entry fee+ any hotel expenses and food etc....so, although you may have picked up many other interesting things and had many fun adventures at the con, you would not have gotten the hawthorne had you not put out the 200 to 300+ dollars to actually go. I'm surprised they are only fetching 100 dollars on ebay , and am doubly surprised that Nerak, being older, is only going for 40 to 50 bucks.
(at least thats how i rationalized my paying 105.00 for one. )
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:34 AM
#2 CoNer & Master Storyteller

Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness Neurosion wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 100 dollah hawthornes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsaladsandwich
I'm surprised they are only fetching 100 dollars on ebay , and am doubly surprised that Nerak, being older, is only going for 40 to 50 bucks.
That one's easy. The much-maligned Nerak TRU giveaways may not have been done very professionally, but they did succeed in (comparatively) flooding the market. There are simply fewer Sir Hawthornes to go around.
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:43 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
As a long time player of the game with the unfurtunate side affect of being a collector as much as a player it is sad when someone is unable to get a copy of a fig without goping to the convention. I have at least 2 of everything that has come out so that when we play in large groups the good stuff does not disappear too quickly. I had some major issues last summer and stopped looking for Scape stuff. it was not until about december that I had found out about Hawthorne. Since then I have been scouring Ebay and every where else I culd find to try and get a fig for less than $60. It never happened. I eventually found a guy who was doing repaints and printing a card. It is possible it is someone on the boards. But do to my loyalty to the game I still want a ligit copy.

My only hope is that with the new fig coming out next month at the con that it will take away sales from Hawthorne. But the cycle will continue as it will cost me about a $1000.00 for me and my wife to go to the convention and that just is not in the budget. So I will be back on Ebay trying to find a con fig in just a couple of weeks hoping to find one at a reasonable price.

So for being so long winded.
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
I'll have to paint myself up a Nerak and Hawthorne one day, maybe some Elite Onyx Vipers... But to make the cards, where can I find a clear, bright, clean scan of each side? I've only seen the Master Game sides for each, and Nerak's is a little faded on the Heroscapers list of card scans (albeit useful for knowing what I'm missing out on, especially being an orc fan). Sigh, if only I were into the game at the time these were available at Toys-R-Us; anyone know if this year's exclusive(s) will be available at a mass retailer after the convention(s)?
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM

webhead817 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
...But if you don't go to the con, as a fan of the game, it's hard to obtain one of these guys...
I have some collecting experience that gives me a different point of view on this point.

Hawthorne is not hard to find. He's consistently been available on ebay for a year now. What he is, is relatively expensive. That's a key difference.

I once collected HeroClix, and beyond the fact that there were something like 10 to 15 limited edition figures per set to collect, some of them were rare to the point where you couldn't find them on ebay at any price.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead817
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
...But if you don't go to the con, as a fan of the game, it's hard to obtain one of these guys...
I have some collecting experience that gives me a different point of view on this point.

Hawthorne is not hard to find. He's consistently been available on ebay for a year now. What he is, is relatively expensive. That's a key difference.

I once collected HeroClix, and beyond the fact that there were something like 10 to 15 limited edition figures per set to collect, some of them were rare to the point where you couldn't find them on ebay at any price.
Yes, you are right. The promo figs are available if you are willing to pay.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old June 9th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Re: Sir Hawthorne Selling for 100 Dollars on eBay

Sorry to necro this, but as I've been out of the loop for a while, I've got a question:

Hypothetically, how much would a Sir Hawthorne that's card had been signed by Chris and Rob (designers) be worth? (Lets assume there wouldn't be certificate of authenticity, but im sure authenticity could be proved somehow)

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Unomas is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The last sealed Sir Hawthorne sold on eBay for over $170.00.

It's hard to speculate what someone would pay for a signed version. Maybe closer to $300.00 would be my guess. Hawthorne is getting outrageous money these days.
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon View Post
Sorry to necro this, but as I've been out of the loop for a while, I've got a question:

Hypothetically, how much would a Sir Hawthorne that's card had been signed by Chris and Rob (designers) be worth? (Lets assume there wouldn't be certificate of authenticity, but im sure authenticity could be proved somehow)
$200 or more; but not from me.
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would venture and say that a signed version would sell for less. I think people who are gonna lay down some coin for Hawthorne would want him mint and unsigned. Could be wrong though?
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Well, I gave as a gift a Jerry Hawthorne signed Sir H., and he seemed to think it was more special than just a plain one. (Actually, I just gave the figure and card; the friend got the signing himself.)

But, I don't know.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion