Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 20th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Evolution vs Creation, Youtube series

Excellent post, Bannister. For any Christians who are struggling with understanding their faith and the Bible in relation to Evolution I highly recommend The Language of God by Francis Collins (He led the project which mapped the genome).

Also, agreeing with JbbnbSmith's point about Genesis, I would ask Abomination, what is the purpose of the story of Genesis? Is it to lay out the specific, detailed way in which God created the world? OR is it to show us that man is fallen and sinful.

Last edited by Onion Knight; November 20th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know if this has been posted yet, and I'm not going to wade into the cesspool, that's waht this thread is, and look for it.

But it looks like CRAZY Kirk Cameron is at it again.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....evolution.cnn

The coward wouldn't even talk to CNN.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I don't know if this has been posted yet, and I'm not going to wade into the cesspool, that's waht this thread is, and look for it.
cess·pool (sspl)
n.
1. A covered hole or pit for receiving drainage or sewage, as from a house.
2. A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.

I for one, take offense.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I don't slam Stephen Hawking or others.
I realize you said you were bowing out, but this is one more example of why you desperately need to recognize the flaws in your approach to science.

Student A: "Your teacher says that 2+2=5. He's weird."
Student B: "I don't slam your teacher. Don't slam mine."

You can slam Hawking, Einstein, or Sagan on whatever topic you want. Be careful though. They're not famous for being wrong.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
cess·pool (sspl)
n.
2. A filthy, disgusting, or morally corrupt place.

I for one, take offense.

Bannister
Me too! This place isn't disgusting.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old November 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
I realize you said you were bowing out, but this is one more example of why you desperately need to recognize the flaws in your approach to science.

You can slam Hawking, Einstein, or Sagan on whatever topic you want. Be careful though. They're not famous for being wrong.
Neither is Ken Ham. Guy makes a huge amount of sense. Kent Hovind was a bit arrogant and radical, but he was right on some stuff.

As to Onion Knight, I believe it is both.

Abom~out for now
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
cess·pool (sspl)
n.

I for one, take offense.

Bannister
NOTHING good can come from this thread.

Religion in general can be too volatile to talk about in public.

(Gulp should appreciate the following)

As the Great Emo Phillips once said.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"
Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't stand Cameron not because he doesn't believe in evolution.

I can't stand him because he is an out and out liar, someone who is perfectly willing to lie to achieve his own ends.

That puts him at odds against scientists who (on the whole) are seekers of truth as well as faithful Christians who (on the whole) want to faithfully follow God's commandments to the best of their ability. Bearing False Witness to achieve your ends is frowned on by both groups.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Abomination, the Sun doesn't rise, yet it says so in the Bible. Does that mean that none of the Bible is true?
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Abom~out for now
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. I would discuss this with you but I don't feel like it. Maybe in a few months, but I've had my fill of debating.

Just one more thing (). How would the Hebrews know that the sun did not rise? It was a pretty long time ago, and they didn't know the stuff we do. Or, it could be a metaphor.
Old November 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:

Neither is Ken Ham. Guy makes a huge amount of sense. Kent Hovind was a bit arrogant and radical, but he was right on some stuff.

As to Onion Knight, I believe it is both.

Abom~out for now
It doesn't matter at all whether someone "makes a huge amount of sense." They have to have evidence. Ken Ham speaks as if he does, but look it up. Don't just trust him because he's telling you what you want to hear. If Ken Ham is speaking the truth then his evidence will be found in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. The most respected scientific journals are Science (in the US) and Nature (in the UK).

One of the main tenets of science is that you submit your work to be anonymously reviewed by a panel of your peers. As you would hopefully agree, if someone can prove you wrong, then it's not worthy of being called evidence. Ken Ham is lying to you. Why? Because he feels faith is more important than the truth.

As I've said before, there is no conspiracy against creationism. It just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Evolution does.

Old November 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Abom~out for now
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. I would discuss this with you but I don't feel like it. Maybe in a few months, but I've had my fill of debating.

Just one more thing (). How would the Hebrews know that the sun did not rise? It was a pretty long time ago, and they didn't know the stuff we do. Or, it could be a metaphor.
But, now you're using what you say you wouldn't. You are saying that things are based on the Hebrew's knowledge, not God's and you're saying that a biblical passage may be metaphorical instead of literal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General