Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Thanks @Ixe and @obfuscatedhippo for your feedback on Kalashnikov's Irregulars. Yes, they'll have a potential of 4 attack with all 4 OMs on them. I guess they're comparable to the Havechs, with one less defense, and an increasing (rather than a steady) chance of blowing themselves up. But, playtesting will tell... once I get around to it...

Here's another card for ya! Nothing original here, just a straight-up retheme of the C3G Firefly.

Spoiler Alert!

He's lost Lava Resistant but gained, um, synergy with Kyrie Leadership?

And one I posted earlier in text form:

Spoiler Alert!

You have my permission to shout "We came, we saw, we kicked it's a**!" every time a Ghostbuster destroys a figure. However, it is not mandatory.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Reven is really cool. Unique mix of powers for a versatile figure. Hard to keep alive in the fray though, like all the Kyrie Warriors

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 6th, 2016, 03:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Reven is really cool. Unique mix of powers for a versatile figure. Hard to keep alive in the fray though, like all the Kyrie Warriors

~TAF
Thanks TAF -- but I don't deserve any credit, it's a C3G design!

Speaking of Kyrie, here's a design I'm working on:

Samara the Kyrie Sentinel. 70 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

I was noodling about what an actual "Sentinel" might be good for -- keeping watch, warning the troops, etc. Still not sure about the stats / points.

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old December 6th, 2016, 06:11 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Samara the Kyrie Sentinel is pretty cool. I think she should have a Move 6 .. but maybe that extra mid-riff armor is slowing her down : P

Instead of Horn of Jandar how about Hymn of Jandar or Song of Jandar to go with the 'sound warning' theme?
Old December 7th, 2016, 10:30 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Samara the Kyrie Sentinel
I like the design. You need to put her close to battle to take advantage of her powers and she can give you some incredible order marker flexibility when you do. She is a little vulnerable, but she also does little enough on her own that your opponent may end up ignoring her and focus on more direct threats. She seems like she'd be fun in a dungeon crawl.

Inappropriate armor is a big pet peeve of mine (which is a shame since it is so pervasive). I'm glad you're giving her a new paint job to fix it.
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:24 PM

Thanks @obfuscatedhippo and @Ixe for your comments on Samara. I decided "Battle Hymn of Jandar" would be a good replacement, thanks for the suggestion!

A couple of new cards for my "Jandar's Counterintelligence" group. Agent Zilar was previously posted:

Spoiler Alert!

The original version of Stealth Initiative proved to be too annoying, as it enabled her to move up to 3 Agents. I'll try her out with one and see how it goes.

And here's the card for "Agent Rigg" which I finally got around to making:

Spoiler Alert!

She is of course named after Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in "The Avengers".

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old December 8th, 2016, 03:22 PM

Thanks to the X-2 Card Creator I've been making a bunch of cards. So, here's your card of the day:

The A'lar are a completely made-up race that oppose the evil Wizards of Vong, a faction I will eventually get around to finishing.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:35 PM.
Old December 8th, 2016, 03:46 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Vashon
Is A'lar a Name of the Wind reference? He's sturdy against range and tough to tie down in melee but he's not packing much offense for his cost. He's better off dying early but won't always get the chance if your opponent ignores and focuses on more threatening parts of your army. I'm not sure if he would be quite worth 120 since the game would have to go a number of rounds after he dies to be really worth it but it leaves you a cool strategy to play around with.
Old December 9th, 2016, 03:12 PM

WIZARDS, SPELLCASTERS, & MAGICAL MINIONS
Heroscape needs more Wizards.

Featured unit: Torr-Kolxag the Warcaster

Figures with a § are adaptations of official units, or of someone else's custom. Figures with a ¤ have a card. All units are subject to change, most have not been properly playtested, and some are not housebroken. Use at your own risk. It's all an illusion.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Nephele
What's with the back on Nephele? The hitzone looks weird. Mystic is also a strange personality (it sounds more like a class). Mystical instead? Planar Shift 10 is a crazy power. It is very height dependent and is obviously more powerful against smaller heroes but it can really shut down your opponent. What's worse, if they destroy her after that, you never actually have to place their figure again. She's a little versatile but not terribly sturdy so most her strength is in that power. It can be pretty marginal in a lot of matches and is luck dependent but it has enough threat that I think she's costed a bit low.

Bolvag Lat
This guy is pretty cool. The attack boost is nice (basically +1 attack most of the time). I doubt I'd do any sacrifices to heal him though it can be nice to heal an important hero. For the most part, I want to curse the core part of my opponent's army to become nice and weak.

Dread Warrior
They add a new element to Bolvag Lat in that his sacrificing can birth minions, but I'm not sure if I really want one of these guys over the sacrificed figure. Really, they seem to be at their best when they don't get any order markers. Protecting a shaman can be nice (although Bolvag doesn't need it), making their best use protecting someone actually threatening like Nephele. The disengage power is interesting although it is a strange hit against phantom walk (since it already adds 2 movement anyway should they try to move through them).
Old December 9th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like the Tenacious Engagement power. Taking movement points in addition to the passing swipe is really interesting. I might have to steal that one if I ever end up making more Customs.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 12th, 2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Nephele
What's with the back on Nephele? The hitzone looks weird. Mystic is also a strange personality (it sounds more like a class). Mystical instead? Planar Shift 10 is a crazy power. It is very height dependent and is obviously more powerful against smaller heroes but it can really shut down your opponent. What's worse, if they destroy her after that, you never actually have to place their figure again. She's a little versatile but not terribly sturdy so most her strength is in that power. It can be pretty marginal in a lot of matches and is luck dependent but it has enough threat that I think she's costed a bit low.
Thanks as always for the feedback, Ixe!

You can use "Mystic" as an adjective (think "the mystic arts"), but Mystical works just fine too, if that's clearer. Her back has these green lumps on it -- I think they're supposed to be mushrooms or something? I just left them red, in any case.

Yes, Planar Shift is a crazy power. If she shifts out an opponent's hero, your opponent would be better off not killing her until the next round. It could be mitigated by making it an "instead of attacking" power, so you're taking more of a gamble in using it. That would make thematic sense, as she is casting one spell instead of two.

Quote:
Dread Warrior
They add a new element to Bolvag Lat in that his sacrificing can birth minions, but I'm not sure if I really want one of these guys over the sacrificed figure. Really, they seem to be at their best when they don't get any order markers. Protecting a shaman can be nice (although Bolvag doesn't need it), making their best use protecting someone actually threatening like Nephele. The disengage power is interesting although it is a strange hit against phantom walk (since it already adds 2 movement anyway should they try to move through them).
Hey, don't forget that they work with Kurrok too! And yes, they're designed to be useful without taking OMs. (I fixed the wording, by the way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I really like the Tenacious Engagement power. Taking movement points in addition to the passing swipe is really interesting. I might have to steal that one if I ever end up making more Customs.

~TAF
Thanks! Feel free to borrow. I used this power once before with my "Birnamwood Guards"
Spoiler Alert!

OK, so let's look at our next contestant on Crawl That Dungeon, it's that crazy prince with all the toys, Prince Ahmed!

Credit for the Diplomacy power goes to @Grishnak (although I reworded it so blame goes to me for any loopholes I opened in so doing). Royal Treasury could of course be broken with an overpowered custom Treasure Glyph. But he's too princely to stoop to such tactics.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 08:36 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards