Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 10th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Drifter has disabled reputation
Help deciding....which DoD boosters should I buy?

I want to purchase some new figures from the latest wave, Dawn of Darkness, but I'm having trouble deciding which packs to purchase. I'd like some suggestions based on

A) Sets that contain the most useful figures

B) Sets that contain fun-to-use figures

thanks for the advice!

Deathwalkers Rock!
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
All of em.
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:31 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well, I would always go for the Hero pack if you're going to just buy one. If you are going to buy two or more, I would still suggest the Hero pack and then maybe the Zombies or Orcs/Shades.
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
For any expansion I would always start with the hero pack. For DoD I would then get the Kryie and Samurai pack. The Imperium are nice with their double attack and I love Samurai.
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Well, Heroes of Durgeth is a must buy. Some figures are VERY powerful, and some are just plain fun. Not a stinker in the box (well, maybe Runa...).

Kyrie and Samurai is pretty good. The Kyrie are powerful, but expensive, and the Samurai arn't bad.

Zombie Horde is a must-have fun pack. Buy 2 if you want. Very nice to have, though not the greatest units around.

Shades and Orcs is very nice. The Shades are fun, and the Orcs have good synergy with Grimnak. But it for sure, more so if you don't have Grut Orcs from Wave 1.
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
All of em.
I would, but I'm kinda strapped for cash !

I forgot to mention that I was only going to buy 2...that I can afford! So I'm prolly going to buy the Hero pack and the Kyrie/Samurai, because I don't have many Einar figures.

Deathwalkers Rock!
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:00 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hero pack is a must buy. I'd actually suggest Shades and Gruts for the second pack if you have a really small collection. Heavy Gruts go great with Grimnak and the Shades are an absolute terror in a hero heavy environment.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Hero pack is a must buy. I'd actually suggest Shades and Gruts for the second pack if you have a really small collection. Heavy Gruts go great with Grimnak and the Shades are an absolute terror in a hero heavy environment.
I agree the orcs are good. The shades have their sould devour and are a thread if you can roll the D20 well. Yet the Kyrie and Samuria aren't bad. But for sure get the heroes.

DeadEye
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:09 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Help deciding....which DoD boosters should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
I want to purchase some new figures from the latest wave, Dawn of Darkness, but I'm having trouble deciding which packs to purchase. I'd like some suggestions based on

A) Sets that contain the most useful figures

B) Sets that contain fun-to-use figures

thanks for the advice!
Buy 2 or 3 packs of zombies.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
All of em.
I would, but I'm kinda strapped for cash !

I forgot to mention that I was only going to buy 2...that I can afford! So I'm prolly going to buy the Hero pack and the Kyrie/Samurai, because I don't have many Einar figures.
Well in that case, earn $20 more dollars and buy all of them.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:12 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
You absolutely need Heroes of Durgeth. Kaemon Awa is one of the best heroes in the game.

Kyrie and Samurai is a good second choice. Both squads are very fun and very good.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
You absolutely need Heroes of Durgeth. Kaemon Awa is one of the best heroes in the game.

Kyrie and Samurai is a good second choice. Both squads are very fun and very good.
Thanks, Billtog.

Deathwalkers Rock!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion