Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 4th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: LeftOn4ya's Customs - Pre-Auggies Units 10/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Also, I never noticed this before but my Chardis card says " ...up to a minimum of +3 dice." And I have always played it as maximum.
That's a typo and is in the Errata. It's supposed to be maximum.
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Also, I never noticed this before but my Chardis card says " ...up to a minimum of +3 dice." And I have always played it as maximum.
That's a typo and is in the Errata. It's supposed to be maximum.
I figured that was the case...however it would be interesting to play it as minimum.
Old November 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I found the problem with the wording after looking at the official card reference and made a few changes which are in bold:

"Range 6. Attack 2+ Special.
When Vorgyrn attacks with Venom Strike Special Attack, add 1 to Vorgyrn's attack dice for every additional Drow you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Vorgyrn, up to a maximum of +3 dice."

Nice catch and sorry if my last comment came out harsh as I did not realize I had "it" instead of "Vorgyrn". I guess I need to edit the MSE power to use the right variable.

I also am definitely editing the Brutes to be 65 points (and may up to 70 after more playtesting) as they can spam at 60, and changing the bonding to add "... that follows any General" to remove Marvel bonding as Venom and Abomination would be way too powerful, although they thematically do fit. The White Wrymling is great to bond as you can have 6 attack per order marker (2 of them ranged special).

Question: Should I replace the Brutes special attack to "Blood Frenzy" that Feral Troll & Sahuagin Raider have? I wanted the special attack to bypass Rats as well as go after high-defense units (which include heroes) but I think Blood Frenzy in a squad might make them extremely deadly to heroes and it does not have the help against rats or high-defense squads. But it might be more thematic to have "Blood Frenzy", so I dunno.

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 4th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old November 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Question: Should I replace the Brutes special attack to "Blood Frenzy" that Feral Troll & Sahuagin Raider have? I wanted the special attack to bypass Rats as well as go after high-defense units (which include heroes) but I think Blood Frenzy in a squad might make them extremely deadly to heroes and it does not have the help against rats or high-defense squads. But it might be more thematic to have "Blood Frenzy", so I dunno.
I really don't think they should have Blood Frenzy. I think that would be scary-powerful for a 4-figure squad, and I personally dislike hero-killing abilities as the game already leans towards squads.

As I've said before, I really don't think they need a 3rd power at all. Their first two powers nicely define the squad already. Simpler is better. I see why you want to give them a special attack (those darn rats), but the Brutes are better-equipped than most melee squads in this regard with their bonding options (notably White Wyrmlings). Also, with 4 figures in the squad + bonding they should be able to swarm and surround high-defense figures and get 4 attack dice each, which is plenty good enough for 65 pts.
Old January 8th, 2012, 11:07 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Updated Cards:
Troglodyte Brutes (Made 65 points and removed 3rd power)

Troglodyte Bonecrusher (changed special attack)

New Units (From Reaper Minis as requested by Auggie):
Fastclaw
Raptor that bonds with Troglodytes above and Fryolag Spiders. Combo of Tornak and Grimnak.

Thornback
Stegosaurus with power based off Summoner Wars Gror.

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 8th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:15 AM

Re: LeftOn4ya's Customs - Pre-Auggies Units 1/8

New:
Green Wrymling from D&D Copper Wrymling

Modded Killer Cactus's Green Wrymling (up for SoV nomination). His is 3/5 at 30 points, mine is 4/4 at 35 points. Personally, I think 4/4 just feels more like "baby charos" but both are playable. I have had this card for awhile, I just never uploaded here.

Updates:
Troglodyte Brutes - Custom Lizarfolk Squad from D&D Underdark 40 Troglodyte Captain, Underdark 59 Troglodyte Barbarian, War Drums 59 Troglodyte Thug, War of the Dragon Queen 43 Cleric of Laogzed

1. I removed bonding with White Wrymling as it was too powerful to have 6 attack, 2 of them ranged, and use the brutes to screen the wrylings. The brutes still get a bonus from them, so they are good filler units to add.
2. I changed base attack from 2 to 1 but changed ferocious attack bonus from max of 2 to 3. It was too easy for them to get 4 attack, which is especially killer against melee. Now it makes 3 attack the average.

Troglodyte Bonecrusher - Custom Lizardfolk Hero from D&D Dungeons of Dread 27 Troglodyte Bonecrusher

changed to 3 attack and defense, with auto skull and shield bonuses it is the same odds as 5 attack dice or 6 defense, which is still high, but that is why he costs 135.
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: LeftOn4ya's Customs - Pre-Auggies Units 2/27

So that's how you decided to fix the Brutes. Interesting method.

Even 1 White Wyrmling was pure terror, let alone the option to draft multiples. Overall, I can't disagree with your fixes.

As far as the Bonecrusher goes, I think Large 6 is giving the little (and boy do I mean little ) fella too much credit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:06 AM

Re: LeftOn4ya's Customs - Pre-Auggies Units 2/27

Green Wrymling from D&D Copper Wrymling
New:
Old:
Spoiler Alert!

Modded Killer Cactus's Green Wrymling (up for SoV nomination). His is 3/5 at 30 points, mine is 4/4 at 35 points. Personally, I think 4/4 just feels more like "baby charos" but both are playable. The new version removes Wrymling Bonding. I think this is great, because he can still reverse bond with the other Wrymlings, but he is not overpowered with the 4th Mass or against melee only armies because having a bunch of Green Wrymlings by themselves is not an option here.

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 12th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old June 15th, 2015, 07:48 PM

Re: LeftOn4ya's Classic Customs (Jurassic World)

See HQ PNGs in my HS Classic Customs - Picasa Web Albums - David LeftOn

Jurassic World DINOSAURS!

In light of a Jurassic World coming out as well as me recently purchasing a bin used for Jungle ruins that also came with dinosaurs, I have created some new Dinosaur customs. You may notice references to the first movie as well as the Land Before Time. Please give suggestions on better names though. I didn't playtest anything besides Fastclaw and Spiketail which I already made. As always, feedback is highly welcome.

First, what/where to get:
Spoiler Alert!

The card images are mostly taken from Safari figures. Hit images I usually did not bother to clean up (make red and green). I might do later when I have time.

RAPTOR:
Fastclaw & Raptor Youngling

STEGOSAURUS:
Spiketail & Spike

PTERANADON
Pterano & Petrie

BRACHIOSAURUS/APATOSAURUS
Longneck & Littlefoot

TRICERATOPS:
Three-horn & Cera

PARASAUROLOPHUS
Bircrest & Bircrest Jr.