Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units

Old December 20th, 2022, 06:19 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker
Re: AoA Proxy Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Since Anitar has now done a set of cards for the 7 AOA Kyries, I'm wondering if there is a set of Christmas Angels out there that would work!
Sections have been added to the index and preliminary searches have begun for the Kyrie and the stretch goal heroes on account of the cards that were made thanks to @Anitar . Appreciate the heads up.
Old December 20th, 2022, 06:33 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
A few more I came across:

Vorid Glide Strikers
Even though they don't have wings, the aesthetic and poses are quite close.

Knight Adjuctor Oberon
Technically a badger, but very close, especially when painted like a polar bear.

Ordo Borealis
These are cats, but could definitely work.
Just to add to these, here are links to buy just the STL files, in case you have access to nearby printer:

Vorid Glide Strikers

Ordo Borealis
Old December 21st, 2022, 02:28 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I made some AoA proxies using TitanCraft.

I don't have a merchant license, so I don't feel right to just give out the files. (And I love TitanCraft and encourage everyone to buy the assets). The figures should be about $6 each if you use the "assets only" option.

I also added a custom mask to Fia Bonny that better matches the original. If you buy Fia's model, you can message me and I'll give you my modified file with the improved mask.

Fia Bonny

Killian Vane III

Crimson Widow

Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler
Old December 23rd, 2022, 03:07 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I made some AoA proxies using TitanCraft.

I don't have a merchant license, so I don't feel right to just give out the files. (And I love TitanCraft and encourage everyone to buy the assets). The figures should be about $6 each if you use the "assets only" option.

I also added a custom mask to Fia Bonny that better matches the original. If you buy Fia's model, you can message me and I'll give you my modified file with the improved mask.

Fia Bonny

Killian Vane III

Crimson Widow

Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler
These look really good and are instantly recognizable; you should be very proud!
Old December 23rd, 2022, 03:55 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Agree!
Old January 3rd, 2023, 07:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I got this mini for Christmas and the legs are very far apart. I am hoping I can base it by attaching the rocks to the peanut, but then it will probably have some denial and/or placement issues. It is a really perfect proxy otherwise; I'm curious if the merchants could be persuaded to modify the model to put the feet closer together.

However, I told my wife to use the "74 mm (65mm) (32mm)" and "Rider and no base" options; perhaps a smaller scale would fit better and still be Scape-appropriate. I'm not sure what size she *actually* selected. The base seems to me to be approx. ~59mm across.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20230103_233031150.jpg (3.89 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230103_233048431.jpg (1.81 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20230103_233524237.jpg (2.59 MB, 1 views)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 6th, 2023, 12:05 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Xenithrax.

Wings are a bit bigger, only 1 tail. Other than that a pretty good fit, although costs a bit.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1232253...uct-dragon-dnd

Last edited by Longy418; January 6th, 2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 6th, 2023, 12:21 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What is the figure and where can it be found? I think massive wings are one of the trademarks of Xenithrax so that would work for me; will make the mini pretty hard to place on many battlefields.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 6th, 2023, 12:22 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

Queen Maladrix. 73mm not 108. Not a big fan of the tongue, although could probably be removed.
Magic unpainted minis: wave 3 mage hunter.
Old January 6th, 2023, 12:27 PM

Added link to Xenithrax, forgot 1st go around. Thanks Caps.
Old January 26th, 2023, 09:35 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIsamu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
A few more I came across:

Vorid Glide Strikers
Even though they don't have wings, the aesthetic and poses are quite close.

Knight Adjuctor Oberon
Technically a badger, but very close, especially when painted like a polar bear.

Ordo Borealis
These are cats, but could definitely work.
Thats probably the closest to definitive Ordo Borelais Ive seen, barring anyone attempting to 3d print the original sculpts. Thanks for the killer finds!

FYI - I ordered a set of the Ordo/cats (sculpts B, D, E and requested 28mm); with shipping from Canada + tax it's $50, eek. I'm no minis expert but when they arrive I'll report on how well they look/work [fingers crossed].
So, I had to cancel the cats/Ordo from gooseminis.com (they also have an Etsy site…but use the website instead as it’s got more selection and slightly better shipping rates). The first round of 28mm cats got to me in about a month, but each had a defect as well as being too small. Josh at gooseminis was very easy to work with, and had excellent customer service. For the replacement round, I embiggened them to 57mm (and paid more to do so)…but then a month later they hadn’t arrived: they got lost in Canadian mail system…so ultimately I aborted. In the end, the 57mm-sized ones were pricey: $50 for the 3, plus $25 for shipping to the US. This ended up being messy/a hassle for me, but I would try gooseminis again. Ordering multiple items and/or from within Canada would make this more feasible. I’m sorta losing enthusiasm for AoA stuff the further out we get from the campaign, so I’m not sure I’ll have anything else to report, sorry.

Last edited by Heirloom; January 27th, 2023 at 08:07 AM.
Old January 27th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I got this mini for Christmas and the legs are very far apart. I am hoping I can base it by attaching the rocks to the peanut, but then it will probably have some denial and/or placement issues. It is a really perfect proxy otherwise; I'm curious if the merchants could be persuaded to modify the model to put the feet closer together.

However, I told my wife to use the "74 mm (65mm) (32mm)" and "Rider and no base" options; perhaps a smaller scale would fit better and still be Scape-appropriate. I'm not sure what size she *actually* selected. The base seems to me to be approx. ~59mm across.
I actually used the same figure. I purchased the file and had 3DTrexy resize the figure before having him print it. I still used the two rocks to give the unit more stability on the base.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Official Rules & Units