Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 16th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Started doing some more MOPs after being on a bit of a map-building hiatus.

Finished MOP5124 and was about to tear it down before building a new one that used a Tundra set. But instead thought I'd try putting some Thaelenk Icing on the cake by just spreading a Tundra set on MOP5124 and came up with MOP5125

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GaryLASQ's MOPs and Maps

Here's one [MOP5135] that I've been wanting to do; a 4-hex mop of a fortress using 2 FA sets.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 25th, 2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Ormus loves him some MOPs...

Great work!
Old August 3rd, 2009, 05:52 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Necropost! D:

But It's all in good fun :P You were scaper of the week so I looked around and found the Modular maps, and I absolutely love them!

I must have built six or seven of them, and they're simply beautiful and easy to rearrange, if only I had a bigger table I'd make some epic combinations!

I know it's pretty darn late for me to be asking, but I'd love to see more work on the MOPs!
Old April 26th, 2016, 04:35 AM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

This tech needs to be bumped so that AOTP players can learn of its glory!
Old October 31st, 2022, 02:46 AM
Spin Master

Re: GaryLASQ's MOPs and Maps: Happy Halloween!

I took MOP5119 and started creating a heat-of-battle pre-set-armies scenario on it that I've had in my head for a while. The playtesting done so far caused several terrain changes to the original MOP; so much so, that it is now a new battlefield. As a tribute to the efforts of Avalon Hill and the assembled War Council team, I've named it "Avalon Tower". I've played it about 10 times; 5 times with my son, and 5 with myself.

2022-10-31: I've made some recent significant changes that need more playtesting before I'm satisfied that it's stable. Since it's Halloween, I figured I'd make this post about it, in its current form.

Happy Halloween!

2022-11-08: Done playtesting.

Hesitation Chills (Avalon Tower)

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 18th, 2022 at 05:01 PM.
Old October 31st, 2022, 08:08 PM
Spin Master

Hmm. I know ladders are scary, but I didn't think they were that scary.
Old October 31st, 2022, 08:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 31st, 2022, 08:53 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've always really liked the look of Heroscape castles, and a small MOP castle is an especially great idea! The scenario looks pretty fun, too; I'd try it out if my ladders weren't broken .

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 31st, 2022, 09:49 PM
Spin Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
I've always really liked the look of Heroscape castles, and a small MOP castle is an especially great idea! The scenario looks pretty fun, too; I'd try it out if my ladders weren't broken .
I've had a lot of fun playing it, with each tweak, as the scenario evolves. It's starting to feel like 3D chess. Asymmetrical maps with pre-set army scenarios are what I'm most interested in creating, going forward.

I'm hoping, when I'm finished with this scenario, players will study it, determining the best first round decisions. Then the best second round decisions based on first round outcomes, and so on.

It definitely sharpens ladder-play skills. Players tend to forget about vertical engagement (especially with flying figures) and mistakenly think ladders are mainly just for movement.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 1st, 2022 at 01:31 AM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 04:13 PM
Spin Master

Re: GaryLASQ's MOPs and Maps: Hesitation Chills (Avalon Towe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Gary this stuff is pure genius!! I want to buy a couple of master sets and some glue and start gluing these together.... See I hate map building and would like it a whole lot more if it wasn't so tedious.
Since terrain is getting more and more brittle, it might be about time to Release The Kragle!

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 1st, 2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old November 9th, 2022, 02:37 AM
Spin Master

Re: GaryLASQ's MOPs and Maps: Hesitation Chills (Avalon Towe

Alright. I've played it 18 times and I'm very pleased with how "Hesitation Chills" turned out. Enjoy!

Last edited by GaryLASQ; November 10th, 2022 at 02:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios