Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 12th, 2022, 05:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

The pic tag of "I wouldn't eat those berries if I were you" suggested a potential danger. Venus fly trap types, poisoned mushroom spewing clouds, tangling weeds/vines, etc.
Old September 12th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Top left reminds me of a sundew. Maybe has entangling goo?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 12th, 2022, 05:54 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The pic tag of "I wouldn't eat those berries if I were you" suggested a potential danger. Venus fly trap types, poisoned mushroom spewing clouds, tangling weeds/vines, etc.
But if you have to be told not to eat them, doesn't that mean there must be a reason to want to in the first place?
Like, say, if the berries might heal or hurt you (roll a d20 for that).
Or if the oversized spikes give you a Defense boost (because they're rigid), but might hurt you on the way in (because they're spikes).
Old September 12th, 2022, 06:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If a terrain item only has a negative effect, you just won't go near them and only having a giant throw you at one would it ever come into play. So I would imagine their is both a positive and negative component, tempting you to risk the negative effect for the chance of a positive game impact.
Old September 12th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Trees that eat Squad figures to put the Hero back in Heroscape.
Old September 12th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Of course, Hasbro didn't account for players like myself who throw away Heroscape minis after a couple of games, but that's not their fault.
You reuse figures? Ewww. Fresh ones for me every time.

Although that meant I was stuck playing Gladiators and Agents exclusively for a few years there...
Old September 12th, 2022, 07:18 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like these plants. The more the better. A couple of almost LOS blockers and jungle trees. Whether they attack those beside them or not...it's the aesthetics that count.

Looking forward to more...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 12th, 2022 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Plants that could smoke us?
Old September 12th, 2022, 08:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The only Scape House Rule I've ever introduced--except for specific scenario rules--is that you can't fire at a figure between Evergreen Trees, as I consider that a solid obstacle. However, for Bushes, I consider the LOS is blocked if it goes through the center of the bush! These variations will make my consideration more interesting and varied.
Old September 12th, 2022, 08:37 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The only Scape House Rule I've ever introduced--except for specific scenario rules--is that you can't fire at a figure between Evergreen Trees, as I consider that a solid obstacle. However, for Bushes, I consider the LOS is blocked if it goes through the center of the bush! These variations will make my consideration more interesting and varied.
I like that rule and have previously considered playing that way. Seems weird to be able to shoot a finger or sliver of a body with full dice.
Old September 13th, 2022, 09:48 AM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
The only Scape House Rule I've ever introduced--except for specific scenario rules--is that you can't fire at a figure between Evergreen Trees, as I consider that a solid obstacle.
Oh, yeah. I agree that shooting at a figure's left elbow as if they're in clear sight is silly. This is why my longest-standing house rule is a partial cover rule--figures receive 1 or 2 extra defense dice depending on how much of their hit zone is obscured.

And it seems that many people--including on this forum--have independently invented very similar rules. It feels like a rule that SHOULD have been in vanilla Heroscape. Without it, 90% of obstacles don't actually do anything to line of sight. But with it, everything just feels right. Ticalla Jungle plants? Work exactly the way you'd want them to, with no special terrain rules required. Papercraft sandbag bunkers? Work exactly as you'd want them to. Weird AoA plant with a hole in it? No problem.

...Hello again, by the way! I stepped out for a hot minute. Excited to see new Scape coming in.
Old September 13th, 2022, 10:26 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

While I agree it's not all that thematic to hit a figure normally even if you can only see a fingernail, lets not forget that Scape was designed for kids age 8+ and for the sake of simplicity I think it was a wise choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
Quote:
The only Scape House Rule I've ever introduced--except for specific scenario rules--is that you can't fire at a figure between Evergreen Trees, as I consider that a solid obstacle.
Oh, yeah. I agree that shooting at a figure's left elbow as if they're in clear sight is silly. This is why my longest-standing house rule is a partial cover rule--figures receive 1 or 2 extra defense dice depending on how much of their hit zone is obscured.

And it seems that many people--including on this forum--have independently invented very similar rules. It feels like a rule that SHOULD have been in vanilla Heroscape. Without it, 90% of obstacles don't actually do anything to line of sight. But with it, everything just feels right. Ticalla Jungle plants? Work exactly the way you'd want them to, with no special terrain rules required. Papercraft sandbag bunkers? Work exactly as you'd want them to. Weird AoA plant with a hole in it? No problem.

...Hello again, by the way! I stepped out for a hot minute. Excited to see new Scape coming in.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2022, 10:31 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
While I agree it's not all that thematic to hit a figure normally even if you can only see a fingernail, lets not forget that Scape was designed for kids age 8+ and for the sake of simplicity I think it was a wise choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
Quote:

Hitting a fingernail would be a really lucky hit! Or unlucky depending on how you look at it.

But this does bring up the question of is this game still being designed for 8+

Being on the "+" end of that (and then some) I would hope so. The simplicity of the rules was always a plus.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 13th, 2022 at 10:32 AM. Reason: See what happened there ... + and plus!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion