Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 28th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Hawk14 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
First thoughts on Heroscape

what were your likes/dislikes?
what did you first think about heroscape when you got your first set?
or any experiences that you'd like to share? if so, post them here.
What were your thoughts on it? also I got the master set first edition, the one with the sparkly water tiles, and I had tons of fun with it,

(P.S I had 4 siblings at the time, all boys, now I have 5 siblings, all boys, with another baby on the way.
so I never had to worry about not having someone to play with. )
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I've only been playing for about 5 weeks myself. All I can say is: read the rules, read the cards, read the scenarios, then read them all AGAIN.

In the first 6 or 7 games we played there was always something we were doing wrong. Moving weird, adding height to special attacks, not applying the special rules of a scenario, drafting for the wrong point value...

Old July 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
First thing I thought? Look at all these cool figures and terrain pieces. Then after I played it, I realized this was the best game I've ever played. That's just me though.
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
There are several other threads on this topic...so search or browse or hunt around.

I liked the knights.
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:36 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
My first thoughts on this game was that Me-Burq-Sa was a pimp. I was like, "8 move, 6 range, 3 attack and defense, with a 20% chance for my opponent to roll no defense dice for 50 points is awesome!" I also thought the pieces and field looked cool so I bought a MS from PoF for $20 and have kept it and played it ever since.

Old July 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
I saw the commercial and picked it up that same day, there werent even any expansions out at that point...
Old July 28th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I thought....miniatures AND Lego-like terrain in the same box? I'm in!

Old July 28th, 2007, 04:11 PM

ShogunOfEinar has disabled reputation
My first thought: You can bettle with characters from any genre, dimension, or time? This is gonna be HUGE.

Second thought: Damn you Hasbro. Need more money.
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HEROSCAPE!!!

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I enjoyed it immensely. I played it from the very first master set (before wave 1) and have never stopped salivating over new waves.

We got it wrong with a few rules the first time out, but then we were fine. (It wasn't until the second game that we said, "Hey! There are all kinds of cool powers on the other side of the card!" We didn't read the whole manual before starting).

The (sparkly) water is what really made the game board come alive for me.

Old July 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
My first thought was $40? No thanks.

That was my second through tenth thoughts as well.

However, I looked at the flap photo several times. It was really intriguing, and the different genres was an enticing aspect.

Then the $40 thing kicked in again.

I didn't think much more about it until I heard about Marvel Heroscape. Then it was all over. I figured if my kid and I would try out the original and liked it then we'd get the Marvel one so she could stop breaking my Heroclix (which I no longer give a toss about, anyway). If I could find a cheap MS on eBay then I'd get it and we've give it a shot.

The rest, as they say, is Algebra. No... chemi... bi... well, it's some class I didn't do well in.
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:25 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Re: First thoughts on Heroscape

I was like "Sweet! I can finally have that WWII vs. a dragon battle I have always dreamed of."

Actually I thought it was one of the coolest games ever made when I first saw it. No I'm sure it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk14
so I never really had no one to play with.
Did nothing about that sound not right in your head?

6 x 9 = 42

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion