Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Ice Giant of Morh pre release discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Wondering, could we get a tie in a heroscape game with the winning specifications of destroy all of your opponents figures with dying swipe? I don't think that this has been possible before,
Yes it has been possible before.
Chardar rocks!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Wondering, could we get a tie in a heroscape game with the winning specifications of destroy all of your opponents figures with dying swipe? I don't think that this has been possible before, but this will definitely be a new possibility in my house. (btw the figure and card look awesome thanks guys!)
Yep. Eltahale can get one also with Thunder Step, then killing the last figure, then killing herself.

I guess Kumiko could also, if you use Ninjitsu Barrage to kill the last figure, then jump in lava...
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Wondering, could we get a tie in a heroscape game with the winning specifications of destroy all of your opponents figures with dying swipe? I don't think that this has been possible before, but this will definitely be a new possibility in my house. (btw the figure and card look awesome thanks guys!)
Yep. Eltahale can get one also with Thunder Step, then killing the last figure, then killing herself.

I guess Kumiko could also, if you use Ninjitsu Barrage to kill the last figure, then jump in lava...
Nice! Yes good observations.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:21 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What a bunch of suicidal 'scapers. You all need counseling.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
I like the beard. Oh, and the powers are really cool too.

The picture makes him look like a single hex figure... Is this true or am I looking at it wrong? That's not been done since the Deathwalkers (not that there is any shocking relation between them). I just find it interesting.
Honestly, this has been being discussed for weeks.
True, but I must admit I was surprised to see the big single-hex base on this figure. I expected it for Moltenclaw, MotH, the Ice Troll, and the Ogre, but not this guy. I just thought he was a little too Larry Craig to fit on a single-hex base, and I thought it would be a bit weird to have a single-spaced huge figure. Actually, it is weird to have a single-spaced huge figure. Not wrong, just weird. I'll get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
I like him as an anti-squadscape figure. He should counter, or at least challenge, both melee and ranged squads with his bonuses to move & dying swipe.

That said, I still don't think there's any way he can take out his point's worth of stingers/10th/knights etc.

Heroes will often have the special attacks that will protect themselves from Dying Swipe, which would otherwise be deadly. He *should* wipe the floor with heroes like RotV Drake and Braxas, who do not have relevant special attacks.
Yeah, I definitely see him as more of an anti-hero figure than an anti-squad figure. Dying swipe is nice if he's mobbed with a bunch of squaddies, but it's nicer if he's next to some high-point heroes... especially high defense, low life, high-point heroes.

This isn't a metagame-shattering figure, but it's certainly competitive.
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:44 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't the game end once the final figure is destroyed

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Osgard View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Wouldn't the game end once the final figure is destroyed
Conditions are checked at the end of the turn. Her turn wouldn't end until it was determined if she survived the lava roll or not.
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He means that once Kumiko was the last figure on the board the game is over. She wouldn't ever have to move onto the lava space.

Old September 25th, 2010, 11:09 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

FGoM x2 280
TKN 220 500
Nadgrubs x3 590
Isamu 600

I like it ...
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:21 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

Does Indomitable carry over into Battle Frenzy?

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1 Winner View Post
Does Indomitable carry over into Battle Frenzy?
yes

Last edited by TurtleKing99; September 25th, 2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: he may not be frosty, but he is pretty cool :(
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
True, but I must admit I was surprised to see the big single-hex base on this figure. I expected it for Moltenclaw, MotH, the Ice Troll, and the Ogre, but not this guy. I just thought he was a little too Larry Craig to fit on a single-hex base, and I thought it would be a bit weird to have a single-spaced huge figure. Actually, it is weird to have a single-spaced huge figure. Not wrong, just weird. I'll get used to it.
It's interesting, it's definitely *not* in the Frost Giant's best interest to be 1 hex. He is one of a few figs that would *prefer* the 2d hex. This seems to me to be a design feature, and so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
I like him as an anti-squadscape figure. He should counter, or at least challenge, both melee and ranged squads with his bonuses to move & dying swipe.

That said, I still don't think there's any way he can take out his point's worth of stingers/10th/knights etc.

Heroes will often have the special attacks that will protect themselves from Dying Swipe, which would otherwise be deadly. He *should* wipe the floor with heroes like RotV Drake and Braxas, who do not have relevant special attacks.
Yeah, I definitely see him as more of an anti-hero figure than an anti-squad figure. Dying swipe is nice if he's mobbed with a bunch of squaddies, but it's nicer if he's next to some high-point heroes... especially high defense, low life, high-point heroes.

This isn't a metagame-shattering figure, but it's certainly competitive.
He will be more dangerous against normal attacking heroes and squads, which also tend to be normal attacking. Many heroes will have special attacks available to protect themselves from dying swipe, though they will still have to contend with Indomitable. I suppose it would have been more accurate to say that the Frost Giant will be most effective against normal attackers, be they range (indomitable) or melee (dying swipe), but as dok says, not metagame shattering.

On the *tournament scene*, which is not the only place units should be judged, if he wipes out a whole squad of knights before he goes down he has done half his points worth of damage.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units