Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Marcus Decimus Gallus

Dumb question but I wanna be sure. If Marcus dies, you no longer get the movement bonus right?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old February 11th, 2011, 07:48 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Correct. Unless otherwise stated, such powers are only active while the figure is in play.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

I saw a few people already comment about it, but I'm liking the idea of some Warforged in a Marcus soldier army. I'm trying to think up a Warforged/Einar Soldier army.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I just thought I'd note that Marcus is better and better the more points you're playing, because you can fit more soldiers in with him. A few examples:

100/1 Marcus
320/12 Warforged Soldiers x4
80/1 Raelin (RotV)
100/2 Iron Golem
600/16

100/1 Marcus
375/20 10th Regiment x5
120/1 Kaemon Awa
595/22

Or, we could go even bigger...

100/1 Marcus
560/12 Einar Imperium x4
90/1 Kiova
120/1 Raelin (SotM)
30/1 Guilty

Wow. I might try that last one against some mass Minions sometime soon.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Replace Kiova with Atlaga for 7 move Imperium. Scary thought to me...
Old April 24th, 2011, 01:46 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I would have my money on this Minion army:

Atlaga
Minions x6
Major Q10
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Yay for non-sluggish soldiers! Thanks MDG
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
Replace Kiova with Atlaga for 7 move Imperium. Scary thought to me...
I've used the Atlaga/Marcus leadership bonuses together, and you are certainly correct; a squad of EI moving 7 (or 9, with a move glyph) with stealth flying is quite scary.

It is not, however, very satisfying, largely due to the Imperium's relative thinness when put up against an equally-valued army. Marcus is typically much better used with Roman Legionnaires or 10th Regiment - more bang for your buck.

But, yeah, a squad stealth-flying nine spaces in a single turn is pretty sweet!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, that's a quite expensive army for that 7 move (2x EI, MDC, and Atlaga is 470 points).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 25th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

Ultimate tower defense: MDG, Cap. America, 4th mass X4, Roman Legos X3, MBS, Mittens, Venocs X2 for 1000 points.

Extremely versatile, with the Legos having multiple bonding options, the 4th mass (if in tower next to MDG or Cap and using WtF) getting 4 or possibly 5 extra attack, a viper/roman blitzkrieg, and A strong Captain and Marcus boosting eachother To mop up anything that survives.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post
Ultimate tower defense: MDG, Cap. America, 4th mass X4, Roman Legos X3, MBS, Mittens, Venocs X2 for 1000 points.

Extremely versatile, with the Legos having multiple bonding options, the 4th mass (if in tower next to MDG or Cap and using WtF) getting 4 or possibly 5 extra attack, a viper/roman blitzkrieg, and A strong Captain and Marcus boosting eachother To mop up anything that survives.
I'd replace 4th Mass. for 10th Reg. of Foot. The 10th is far more versatile and gets the same bonuses from Marcus Decimus Gallus. If your Viper/Roman blitzkrieg kinda falls apart you can throw in the the 10th with their Bayonet Charge. And the 10th is only 5 more points then the 4th.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM

Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker Megapower999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disciplined Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megapower999 View Post

I'd replace 4th Mass. for 10th Reg. of Foot. The 10th is far more versatile and gets the same bonuses from Marcus Decimus Gallus. If your Viper/Roman blitzkrieg kinda falls apart you can throw in the the 10th with their Bayonet Charge. And the 10th is only 5 more points then the 4th.
I actually considered them, but most people would rather have a 1000 point battle than a 1020 point battle
I suppose you could use three squads of 10th and have an extra 55 points for a wildcard or two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units