Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 20th, 2019, 12:26 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, Warrior could also work. My first thought was more toward the Protector/Guardian side since they're more meant to protect the Matoran than they are to war on anyone. Champion could also work?

Didn't occur to me before, but you could technically also go Matoran for species, since Toa are mainly souped-up Matoran. It's muddied a little bit with the original Toa, though, since they were never Matoran. I do think you could justify a schema where the regular Matoran are Citizens, the Toa are Champions/Warriors/Guardians, and the Turaga are Leaders/Elders, though, and they all get the Matoran species to stay under one banner.

Obviously that route requires skipping Toa as a class. Worth considering if we're looking at a different class anyway, though.
Yeah, I don't know if I could buy the Mata as Matoran, seeing as they're just about the only Toa that weren't Matoran first. At that point it might just make sense to go with Bionicle as the species, but then you;d be losing the Cyborg interactions too.
Quote:
Hmm. Fair point on symmetry. The main reason I don't have a peacemaker thing there already is that I... have no idea what that looks like? Let me know if you have any brainstorms on that front.
I mean...keeping Tahu from flying off the handle seems about right, but that's 1 very specific use. The Toa don't currently have any powers that make them very discordant.
Quote:
That's fair. I could see keeping the SA and dropping the Wind Control to try and do something that feels a little more Lewa-y.
That sounds like a good approach to me.
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

On a side note, Bionicle: The Game had models for the Toa Mata. I honestly don't know if it would be easier to rig those up and pose them or to scan the sets and then fix any scanning flaws. Either way, still a whole ton of work.
Old February 20th, 2019, 02:35 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah that's what I'm looking for, thanks Ronin.

I think Winston might actually be one of the more viable ones in this thread. The mini that the C3V used for Zaeus looks pretty similar, and I bet a bunch of Scapers already own it.

I'm pretty sure they came in sets of three, so I have at least three of him. If not him, something really close.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, Warrior could also work. My first thought was more toward the Protector/Guardian side since they're more meant to protect the Matoran than they are to war on anyone. Champion could also work?

Didn't occur to me before, but you could technically also go Matoran for species, since Toa are mainly souped-up Matoran. It's muddied a little bit with the original Toa, though, since they were never Matoran. I do think you could justify a schema where the regular Matoran are Citizens, the Toa are Champions/Warriors/Guardians, and the Turaga are Leaders/Elders, though, and they all get the Matoran species to stay under one banner.

Obviously that route requires skipping Toa as a class. Worth considering if we're looking at a different class anyway, though.
Yeah, I don't know if I could buy the Mata as Matoran, seeing as they're just about the only Toa that weren't Matoran first. At that point it might just make sense to go with Bionicle as the species, but then you;d be losing the Cyborg interactions too.
Bionicle wasn't used in-fiction and, IIRC, it was really just meant to be a portmanteau of 'Bionic' and 'Chronicle' - it was a name for the story and not the characters.

To me, I think the real choice is between 'super high-level species designation' where basically every character is a Cyborg or an Android, or whether you try to dig into the more specific species names.

I think the latter approach looks better to me the more fleshed-out the universe is. If you're at the point where you're trying to implement a lot of the villains (Rahkshi, Visorak, Piraka all spring to mind), I think being able to designate them as their in-fiction species is very handy.

On the other hand, if you were to just implement the OG Toa and leave everything else as a pipe dream, I think I'd just go Cyborg and save myself the trouble.

(Kind of a tough call to make because the whole thing is improbable to begin with. )

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm. Fair point on symmetry. The main reason I don't have a peacemaker thing there already is that I... have no idea what that looks like? Let me know if you have any brainstorms on that front.
I mean...keeping Tahu from flying off the handle seems about right, but that's 1 very specific use. The Toa don't currently have any powers that make them very discordant.
Yeah, keeping Tahu under control feels a little a little too keyed into him specifically - more of a Turaga Vakama power than a Gali power. There isn't inherently a lot of conflict for her to resolve.

(Maybe let her give the team some resistance to outside manipulation? I remember her doing that a lot with the Rahkshi and their Psycho-Man-esque emotion manipulations)

Quote:
Quote:
That's fair. I could see keeping the SA and dropping the Wind Control to try and do something that feels a little more Lewa-y.
That sounds like a good approach to me.
I'll have to think on that, then. It would be cool if we could do levitation (probably a lite version that just does the terrain stuff and not the height advantage stuff) and a little more tricky wind stuff in one power.
Old February 20th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Just A Head

Yeah I'd think getting the Toa Mata out the door would probably be enough of a miracle, but I think looking at the entire universe is a good way of understanding what the Mata should look like.

I think I like going Cyborg/Android and then giving each variety a different class, be it a more general one (Protector, Elder, Citizen, etc) or a more specific one (Toa, Turaga, probably still Citizen, etc) is the approach I prefer. That way you can still get fairly specific call-outs for synergy while still keeping the Cyborg interactions. (You really sold me on the idea of Forge or whoever being able to put them back together, like they're some sort of building toy or something. )

I like Gali protecting from outside manipulation somehow. What about something like;
Quote:
SOOTHING SUPPORT
Whenever an Order Marker would be removed from the card of a Toa you control, you may instead move it to the Army Card of any other Toa you control. An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of any Toa you control adjacent to Gali.
Btw, I went through and added the past month or so of designs to the OP. (Seriosuly, look at that anime section) As per Spidey's request, I'm wondering if it would just be best to ask people to signify somewhere in their post what the design is from, especially if it's a more obscure property. I'll try to edit in what properties the characters are from into the OP at some point.
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
As per Spidey's request, I'm wondering if it would just be best to ask people to signify somewhere in their post what the design is from, especially if it's a more obscure property. I'll try to edit in what properties the characters are from into the OP at some point.
Sounds reasonable to me.

More thoughts on Bionicle stuff in a few minutes!
Old February 20th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Yeah I'd think getting the Toa Mata out the door would probably be enough of a miracle, but I think looking at the entire universe is a good way of understanding what the Mata should look like.
For sure. That was kinda my approach with the Kanohi stuff as well. The goal here should be to design the Toa so that they work well in the context of C3G (without a universe around them), but their universe can still be expanded on without running into any big design hurdles.

Quote:
I think I like going Cyborg/Android and then giving each variety a different class, be it a more general one (Protector, Elder, Citizen, etc) or a more specific one (Toa, Turaga, probably still Citizen, etc) is the approach I prefer. That way you can still get fairly specific call-outs for synergy while still keeping the Cyborg interactions. (You really sold me on the idea of Forge or whoever being able to put them back together, like they're some sort of building toy or something. )
Yeah, I think I do still gravitate toward that as well. I've definitely come around, in the last few days, on the idea of also going for more general/game-integrated classes over more specific ones. It might not be a strict necessity, but I like the Piraka as Criminals and the Barraki as Warlords and the Visorak as Predators, and so on.

Plus that way you could differentiate more easily between different teams of Toa. Within teams, you'd see pretty much all the same classes (or at least, I would class them all pretty much the same way within teams, to avoid too much discrepancy in synergies available), but the Mata/Hagah/Metru/Hordika, to pick a few, did all have fairly different roles. It'd be cool to be able to reflect that instead of making them all Toa.

Quote:
I like Gali protecting from outside manipulation somehow. What about something like;
Quote:
SOOTHING SUPPORT
Whenever an Order Marker would be removed from the card of a Toa you control, you may instead move it to the Army Card of any other Toa you control. An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of any Toa you control adjacent to Gali.
Yeah, I think something along those lines works. I don't know if full-on preventing control is justified, but something that combats OM tampering and other disruptive stuff is the right way to go.
Old February 21st, 2019, 05:36 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = KARS

SPECIES = PILLAR MAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

LIGHT MODE

Figures attacked by Kars’ normal attack subtract 1 from their Attack and Defence for the remainder of the round. Light Mode may not affect the same figure more than once per round.

LIGHT SLIP BLADE DEFENCE

Once per round, when a non-adjacent figure rolls attack dice against Kars, you may ignore two skulls rolled.

DOUBLE ATTACK

When Kars attacks, he may attack one additional time.

MALLEABLE BODY
When rolling defence dice, Kars may re-roll up to 2 dice.

SUPER STRENGTH

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old February 21st, 2019, 05:38 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Kars is another of the Pillar Men
A quick rundown

Light Mode is his signature technique, his arm-blades essentially are rapid chainsaws, so they reflect dazzling light. So this is meant to represent blinding, essentially.

Light Slip Blade Defence is essentially him cutting up bullets in mid-air due to his speed with said blades.

Double Attack is again a speed thing for him.

Malleable Body as mentioned with Esidisi is representative of the Pillar Man ability to reform their body at will

Old February 21st, 2019, 05:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Light Mode will almost certainly need markers. (If it's meant to represent blinding, maybe take the ones off Dazzler and give characters with Blind Warrior immunity to it?) Looks like a really fun, simple card though!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Light Mode will almost certainly need markers. (If it's meant to represent blinding, maybe take the ones off Dazzler and give characters with Blind Warrior immunity to it?) Looks like a really fun, simple card though!

Thank
(And yes good idea with Blind Warrior)

I didn't want to overcomplicate him, just wanted to make him a simple but strong tank-bruiser kinda guy

Old February 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM
Just A Head

Maybe they should be Event Heroes? Malleable Body basically gives him 8 defense, plus he gets to subtract 2 skulls from an attack per round, plus he gets to subtract attack dice from opponents? that's a whole lot of defensive power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy