Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Civil War Figures

I'm going on my daughter's 5th grade field trip tomorrow to Gettysburg, PA. Does anyone share with me the desire to have Union and Confederate figures in this game? (Or perhaps this has been discussed already and I missed it?)
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I support that desire just because you want it Grish.

I don't really care one way or the other (I'd rather have pirates), but if you want them I'll support you. Give me a petition and I'll sign it.

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:32 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I would love that..I could play Sherman and go to the lower part of the board and burn and salt it

Really though I think this would be great.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:51 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Blue and Gray would be fine additions to the game; there would be political ramifications to their association with the various factions, however.

It makes sense to align both such squads with Einar, to avoid stepping on any modern politically-correct toes. Einar gets the best of the dedicated soldiers (as opposed to warriors) in any event.

An interesting notion would be to give the Confederacy some sort of synergy with other units of Rebellious personality, e.g. the gladiators.

Further note that there are some personalities that probably participated in the American Civil War already in the game, e.g. Deadeye Dan, who strikes me as a browncoa… uhh… former Confederate soldier in any event.

This may be true of others among our other Old West heroes as well.

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
I would love that..I could play Sherman and go to the lower part of the board and burn and salt it

I'd rather be Chamberlain, I just did a mini painted figure of Josh for a customer (so I did some research). If you had asked me if I wanted Civil War figures a month ago, I would have said meh. Now after I've learned a few things, I say HellzYeah!
Old May 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight

I'd rather be Chamberlain, I just did a mini painted figure of Josh for a customer (so I did some research). If you had asked me if I wanted Civil War figures a month ago, I would have said meh. Now after I've learned a few things, I say HellzYeah!
Chamberlain is one of my heroes actually.
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Personally I think that General Lee on his horse Traveler would make a great hero for this game (and maybe General Meade on Baldy, yep, that was his horse's name), but that does bring up the point of historical figures being used in this game. Should Heroscape get that specific, utilizing real historical figures? Hasbro probably won't. But still, what a way to begin to introduce young people to historical figures and events through gaming. I almost want to set up a historical civil war battle using Heroscape rules and play it with my kids. We have the maps of the battlefields. It would easy enough, for example, to set up a mini Gettysburg with Seminary and Cemetery Ridge and do Pickett's charge. I'll just have to find some miniatures.

I can, however, image Hasbro doing a squad of blue and a squad of grey, fairly equally matched, very similar to the 4th Massachusetts. What the differences would be I don't know. Perhaps I'll try my first customs soon.
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Civil War book

Hey Grish....

I got a book at work that you might enjoy about the Civil War. I would be happy to send it to ya. If interested just PM me your mailing info.
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:25 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
Personally I think that General Lee on his horse Traveler would make a great hero for this game
I'd love some Civil War figures (and Brit WWII soldiers, jet pack robo-monkeys, goblins, and more wizards).

However, the Generals have not yet taken anyone that impacted history to greatly, only their imaginary lieutenants.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:54 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Although I've played a good bit of Civil War 'scape, I've never mixed my customs with the "official" characters. I think they would work, but that's not what I was after in creating them. Really, the whole black powder period is pretty well represented by the 4th Mass, especially since they're commons. I agree that it would be controversial to align Federal or Confederate soldiers with one general or another.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I have long said that I'd love ACW figures, most especially Thomas J. Jackson and James E. B. Stuart.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM

outlaw_fan_7_8 has disabled reputation
minnions with crossbows still get my vote.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion