Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 20th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
December 13 Maryland Heroscape tournament.

What: A Heroscape tournament!
When: December 13th. Noon until 6-ish. Set up from 11 - 12.
Where:
Core Worlds
113 Beacon Rd.
Middle River, Md.
https://www.facebook.com/Coreworldsgames
$5 entry fee all going towards prize support.

Format: 445 points. Armies MUST include at least 1 unique hero. Armies MAY NOT have more than 3 squads in total. (Unique, common, whatever, no more than 3!) 24 hex start zone.
Master of Formats! What this means is each round will be a different format type. Can your one army master the different formats?

Round 1 Regular - Straight kill them all. The "traditional" format.
Round 2 Reverse the whip - Can you win with your opponents army? In this round, we'll find out.
Round 3 Assassins Creed - We'll skip Heroscape and play the video game. Just kidding! You will designate one of your unique heroes to be your general. You try to kill your opponents general, while keeping yours alive. First player to kill the general wins! No points, winner take all! Marcu may NOT be your chosen general for this!
Round 4 Heat of Battle - If you need an explaination, just ask. This format is well known.
Round 5 Fury of the Dice Gods - I'll roll a die before this round to see which of the previous formats we'll play.

SOV/C3V are welcome! No Marvel for this one!

Attendees:
Clancampbell
Xanth
Dad Scaper
Kid Scaper
Over Enginereed
Gurei-Ornery
Legos Of Bleakwood
Bill
Hivelord #4
Jim Jim's Son
kldonnelly
Big Boa
Stephen Universe
Cat Scaper

Maybe:
Johngee
Spidysox

Maps:
TBD (I'll take suggestions.) (Please volunteer to help with maps if you can)
Isenfell by Mad Wookie -Overengineered
Umbra by Mad Wookie - Dad Scaper
Fireworks by Gamebear - Dad Scaper
High Point 2 by Tom - Clancampbell
Feylund Fountain by Velenne - Gurei-Ornery
Taelord's Forest by Rednax - Clancampbell
Guardian by Dignan -Jim
The Sandbar by NYYS - Clancampbell

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; December 11th, 2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: December 13 Maryland Heroscape tournament.

You can put KidScaper & myself down as a yes, though we will have to hustle out right afterward.

I'm looking forward to this format! As I understand it, there are a few variations of Heat of Battle. You'll let us know the details, I'm sure.

edit: Tagging a bunch of people in the spoiler, so they know to respond.
Spoiler Alert!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 21st, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:13 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Hmmm... Middle River, huh? You couldn't find a venue in Elkton, Perryville, or Bel Air? Oh well, at least it's closer to JrrZee than Towson, Luthersville, Glens Bunny, or Savages. Mrs. G. says we've nothing planned for that weekend yet, so put me down as a definite MAYBE with final arrangements to be determined when we get back from Florida on or about 12/10.

@clancampbell ~ TWO QUESTIONS: #1 How did you come up with the "445 points per army" number? Did you roll 3x d10's, one d600, or was it an act of random weirdness. Oh wait, I'll bet you've already got your army all planed: Q-10, Cyprien, Iskra, Rechets, and Sonya = 7 @ 445. #2. Are you allowing any of the C3V/SoV custom units the way D_S usually does?

@Dad_Scaper ~ here are some additional M.A.R.S. members worth tagging . . .

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; November 21st, 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Added after thoughts instead of double posting.
Old November 21st, 2014, 12:49 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

D'oh! I'm on the call the week-end of the 13th and won't be able to make it. I'm bummed. I love the format, so I'll hate to have to sit this one out.

I'll live vicariously through the map volunteers and battle reports...
Old November 21st, 2014, 06:52 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Legos of Bleakewoode and I should be good, CatScaper and Stephen Universe are maybes. I don't know if I will have time to get CatScaper comfortable with the format as she only knows "traditional" scape. I have never played 3 or 4, so I'm not sure how to counsel her. Who knows, she may end up counseling me.
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:06 AM

Sagrilarus is surprisingly tart

*** poof ***

Who summoned me to this plane of existence?
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:23 AM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Sweet! My wife doesn't work that weekend. It's a Christmas miracle!

I'll be there, barring any unforseen circumstances.

Tagging @Tiepilot1138
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:32 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sagrilarus, will you say something to Invisible Kyle? I hope you can make this one. Also @drewcula , too. I'll reach out to my peeps today and see about them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:29 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am hoping to make this, but can't commit just yet. Please put me down as a maybe.
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:33 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes John, SOV/C3V will be allowed! I'll update the OP when I get to a computer bigger than my phone!

As for points, I wanted less than 500 and more than 400, and wanted the total to end in 5 because I'm evil like that!

Old November 21st, 2014, 09:50 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got my army! This was the easiest to pick yet. Now to find the 8 or 9 others that will attempt to knock it off its pedestal.
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:28 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

I'm excited for all the response so quickly!

There will be a 5 dollar entry fee, all of which goes to prize support in the form of gift cards!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events