Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
D&D Figure Set Index: Which For HS?

If D&D Figures will be the future of HEROSCAPE for a while, which would we want them to import? Although I own a few dozen I've taken for making Customs, I'd never looked at the whole range before.

If you go to WOTC site and the figure gallery, you'll see 1,138 figures! Now that's a lot of sculpts to turn down without checking them out. Unfortunately, they're not presented in order, so this set index may help you organize what you're looking at. Then we'll take a quick look at them from a Heroscape perspective.

There are four starter type sets (36 heroes and 80 monsters total) and then 17 named sets (60 figures each):

Players Handbook Hero Series 1 (*6) and 2
Monsters Series 1 and 2
1. Harbingers
2. Dragoneye
3. Archfiends
4. Giants of Legend
5. Aberrations
6. Death Knell
7. Angelfire
8. Underdark
9. War Drums
10. War of the Dragon Queen
11. Blood War
12. Unhallowed *5
13. Night Below *3
14. Desert of Desolation *4
15. Dungeons of Dread *2
16. Against the Giants
17. Demonweb *1

Notes Below: Contains Figures From the Upcoming Master Set #3 Battle For the Underdark (BFTU) that I noticed on a quick (!) run through.

*1 Black Dragon
*2 2 Drow
*3 1 Drow
*4 Troll
*5 Cleric Hero, Black Dragon
*6 Dwarf Hero

Sculpts I'd like to see in Heroscape: Beholder (5 sculpts), Balrog (2), Magma Hunter and Magma Brute (Lava Monsters), Celestial Giant Stag Beetle, Phoera (Phoenix), Dwarf Shieldmaiden (yes, a female Dwarf!), Hydra, Ballista, Scarab Hoard (2), Mummy (2). As you can see, some of these, besides my personal picks, are figures we've been asking for. I saw Drow (7, including archer) and Skeletons (7, including archer). There are also lots of Dragons, Giants, and other awesome things.

So before you decide they're not for you, you might want to take a look at the range. Then it might not be a matter of not wanting any, but which we'll get in a very limited number of sets (unless they sell out).

Organization: As IAmBatman has said, they'll have a challenge raising squads. They don't often come in groups, other than the ones I mentioned. Others are so specialized to the D&D Universe as to not fit into Heroscape without much explanation of what they are. However, I have to say, there's a lot of cool stuff here.

There will be two Waves of D&D Heroscape coming after BFTU. They said one is set, and the other still in process. Shall we let them know what we want?

(Edit) I want to thank Demerean, who got me thinking with his thread (now located on General Discussion). My thought was to pitch in for people that are not familiar with the D&D figures. Since there are already several threads where we can discuss the pros and cons of the D&D move, let's stay on topic here and discuss the D&D figures as viable Heroscape game pieces.

Last edited by chas; August 19th, 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart
Re: D&D Figure Index: Which For HS?

They have enough various pieces to do a squad of dwarves, paladins, and other fighter types. They may also have enough pieces currently made to do squads of wizards, and priests too.
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: D&D Figure Set Index: Which For HS?

More than anything.. I'd like to see this pass like a goofy teen-age trend and not import anything else from the DnD universe.. unfortunately and most likely I think crossover may be permanent.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Well, I for one would like to see a set of named D&D Heros from books, comics, video games etc. rather then generic ones.

The top 2 figures I would want (and many, many others) would be Drizzit and his cat (not even going to try to spell that name, I suck at spelling). They could be 2 unique heros that bond together, Drizzit with double attack and his cat with a pounce variation special attack. With them bonded that would give you 3 attacks per order marker, which would put them in the same area as Q9 and the 2 dragons.

I always liked the Azure Bonds story (a book and then a video game). The names escape me at this time but the female hero and her dragonman paladin companion would be a great addition too. I'll see if I can find some pics.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I have the Dwarf Hero as #17 from Against the Giants.

Azure bonds: Alias and Dragonbait.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Old August 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Well, I for one would like to see a set of named D&D Heros from books, comics, video games etc. rather then generic ones.

The top 2 figures I would want (and many, many others) would be Drizzit and his cat (not even going to try to spell that name, I suck at spelling). They could be 2 unique heros that bond together, Drizzit with double attack and his cat with a pounce variation special attack. With them bonded that would give you 3 attacks per order marker, which would put them in the same area as Q9 and the 2 dragons.

I always liked the Azure Bonds story (a book and then a video game). The names escape me at this time but the female hero and her dragonman paladin companion would be a great addition too. I'll see if I can find some pics.
That was a good series, I also like the Avatar series with Kelemvor, Cyric, and Midnight. Actually I like all 10-12 of the different series I have read from Forgotten Realms.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Azure bonds: Alias and Dragonbait.

Thanks Hogg. It's been quite a while since I read those books.

If WOTC really wants to get D&D fans to try out scape, I think they need to lure them with some of the fan favorites. Heroscape already has tons of generic guys for their favorite D&D heros to kill.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm against DnD in heroscape, but their doing it anyway.

Why wouldn't they put in Drizzt and Co. from that line of books. All are well known and liked, even by fans of the books and not DnD itself. That would have drawn tons of fans to the game, which was one of the main points of this whole thing. (According to WoTC that is)

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarovichx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

That was a good series, I also like the Avatar series with Kelemvor, Cyric, and Midnight. Actually I like all 10-12 of the different series I have read from Forgotten Realms.
Yeah that was a good series, although since *spoiler alert for a very old book series* several of the main characters became gods I don't know who they would use for Heroscape figures.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the Magma Hunter and Magma Brute.

The added bonus is that I will be able to say 'MAGMA' more often.
(DR.EVIL SMILEY)

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I like the Magma Hunter and Magma Brute.

The added bonus is that I will be able to say 'MAGMA' more often.
(DR.EVIL SMILEY)
Hot Lava Death beats anything D&D Magma related sir.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News