Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How Long?
Since 2004 31 27.19%
Since 2005 29 25.44%
Since 2006 24 21.05%
Since 2007 27 23.68%
Since this January 2 1.75%
What's Heroscape? 1 0.88%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
How Long?

I have been attracted to the game since I saw the first commercials for it in 2004. Xmas 2004 I get it. It has only been like 3 months that I have been addicted/playing regualarly. How long have you been playing?
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
20cm

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 13th, 2008, 06:49 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart
Since october 2007, when I stumbled onto the game searching boardgamegeek.com for the *perfect* game. I ordered it online (didn't care much for the Dutch version: for one thing, in Dutch there's only ROTV, no expansions), and I daresay HS comes quite close to being that perfect game. The absolute perfect game for me would be a bit heavier on the storytelling side. On the other hand HS invites you to create stories of your own, which in the long run I think is far more satisfying! I think we haven't seen half of what this game has to offer yet! I get dizzy with the feeling of POSSIBILITIES in this game. For expansion, customization etc. This site only feeds that feeling (obviously). Great stuff, and this community is just a huge bonus to the whole experience. HS has been a part of every single one of my days since that happy day in october 2007
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
I think I vagely remember seeing the comercials in 2004 and thinking that the game looked awesome

Didn't think more about it

Untill about April 2006, I saw it, and considered buying it, except for the massive price tag, or expensive for a standard board game

I waited till my birthday in July and asked my Grandma to get it for me

And did

I soon became boared of the standards maps and came looking for more maps and found Heroscapers

After about a month, I droped the game, as I had noone to play with, except my brother. I started Xmods, and Nerfguns

Soon it became to cold to do either of these, and I expanded as much as I could (without money), and turned back to heroscape

Now, I bought a New Gun

But I doubt I'll have another falling out again.

I still need more people to play with though

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
I first got it when it came out, which was 2004, right? Only in the past few months have I gotten it out again and started really playing. I bought expansions and such, but didn't know anyone else played(now, I am more addicted than ever!)

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:43 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
A little over 3 years.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
In 2004 I started playing! I never picked up another expansion until late 2006. That is when I got Zombies and found the official site. From their I eventually found this place.
P.S. Wait until Revdyer tells you his story. It involves Ninjas and Samurai !

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
I hope its not in bianary.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Late, late late 2004.
Discovered it in late November.
Bought it (including Wave 1) and played it in December.
Didn't get a chance to play Wave 1 until sometime in January '05.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:10 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
I bought my first MS shortly after the EOV set came out. Unfortunately, I did not get an EOV set because it wasn't in the store and when I did see the EOV set I had no money. Oh well, someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Got the game Christmas 2005. I had had my eye on it since it came out, but my son was not old enough for it. Played a couple of games in 2005 but my son was still a little to young. Then christmas 2006 got a couple of expansion packs and played fairly regularly with my son. Probably about 1 game a week. Been to 4 tournaments. This christams finished off our set. We are only missing 2 expansion pack of wave 7. Planing and getting ready for our next trounament on March 1st.
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket
Got the game Christmas 2005. I had had my eye on it since it came out, but my son was not old enough for it. Played a couple of games in 2005 but my son was still a little to young. Then christmas 2006 got a couple of expansion packs and played fairly regularly with my son. Probably about 1 game a week. Been to 4 tournaments. This christams finished off our set. We are only missing 2 expansion pack of wave 7. Planing and getting ready for our next trounament on March 1st.
Getting ready to lose to me I guess.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion