Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old July 1st, 2007, 12:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I would say that each generation says it's cartoon were the best. I look back and laugh at the fact when a plane was shot down, no one would die and their parachutes would pop out. You look at today's cartoons and laugh at the fact it's made up mostly of potty humor and foreign stuff. I consider potty humor and foreign cartoons better than morals and dancing around death. You, obviously, don't.

Ah, generations, so similar, and yet, so different...
Old July 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This could be pretty cool. But you know what cartoon begs for a cool movie?

Thundarr the Barbarian.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:07 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
The GI-Joe Cartoon was before me as well but this could be good.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
I would say that each generation says it's cartoon were the best. I look back and laugh at the fact when a plane was shot down, no one would die and their parachutes would pop out. You look at today's cartoons and laugh at the fact it's made up mostly of potty humor and foreign stuff. I consider potty humor and foreign cartoons better than morals and dancing around death. You, obviously, don't.

Ah, generations, so similar, and yet, so different...
You forget that the cartoons supported the toys. Back in the early to mid-80's there were rarely any deaths in cartoons. The networks wouldn't allow it and conservative groups would protest if there were. To my knowledge death really never made it into cartoons in America until Dragonball came over from Japan. Even then, the blood and language was cleaned up. Originally, Duke was supposed to die in the G.I.Joe movie, but when fans found out about Hasbro's intentions, they protested.

In the comics, characters died quite frequently, as evident in this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_casualties
Old July 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
My favorite casualty from the linked wiki page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Skidmark – Probably killed-in-action during the second invasion of Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #25 (Devil's Due series). This remains in question, as he is listed as an available reservist in the recent Data Desk Handbook, published by Devil's Due.
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
So does this movie actually exist yet or is it simply in production?

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Transformers, GI Joe... so is M.A.S.K. next?
Now M.A.S.K. was a neat toy! It came out around the time I was spending my money more on girls than plastic (funny how I've come full circle) but my younger brothers had those. Cool idea, and the various mask powers were sweet.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Transformers, GI Joe... so is M.A.S.K. next?
Now M.A.S.K. was a neat toy! It came out around the time I was spending my money more on girls than plastic (funny how I've come full circle) but my younger brothers had those. Cool idea, and the various mask powers were sweet.
Good times...

Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:11 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
You forget that the cartoons supported the toys. Back in the early to mid-80's there were rarely any deaths in cartoons. The networks wouldn't allow it and conservative groups would protest if there were.
And now children training as ninjas do it all the time...

Good times...

As far as animated deaths on TV in the states goes, I thin Aeon Flux has DBZ beat hands down.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old July 2nd, 2007, 02:26 AM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
This could be pretty cool. But you know what cartoon begs for a cool movie?

Thundarr the Barbarian.
It'd never work. No one in hollywood could fill Ookla's shoes to the satisfaction of the die hard fans.

:P
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:29 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
"I wazzzz... a mahhhnnnn!!!"

Uh, the GI Joe cartoon movie ROCKED, as did the Transformers movie, which is why I'm optimistically cautious about this whole Michael Bay deal. TTM did have the better soundtrack than GI Joe, but who can forget memorable lines like:

"Zarana, I didn't know it was you!"

"He took the film from my camera, but he forgot to take the film from my earrings!"

and

"Aaaiiieeehhh!!!" (as Snowjob was being pulled out of the HAVOC by Nemesis Enforcer)
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:18 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Originally, Duke was supposed to die in the G.I.Joe movie, but when fans found out about Hasbro's intentions, they protested.
Er... no.

Duke was supposed to die in the GI Joe "movie." The reason he didn't had nothing to do with GI Joe fans... it had to do with TRANSFORMERS fans. The reaction to Optimus Prime's death in the Transformers movie is what convinced Hasbro to change the ending of the GI Joe movie with a couple of stupid lines like "he's slipped into a coma!" (even as Scarlett is crying her eyes out as if he died...).

For the live action movie, it once again depends on... the success of the Transformers movie. If it bombs this week, we can discount any chance of a Joe movie. If it succeeds, Joe will be put on the fast track.

And while the Hasbro reps, in their interviews, sound like they really want to make this a REAL 1980's GI Joe extravaganza showing respect for Joe vs. Cobra... the director keeps giving comments about NOT using that stuff and combining ACTION MAN with GI Joe. One of the early leaked scripts was almost exclusively Action Man, with a few minor Joe characters tacked in, and NO Cobra characters. Instead, we had villains with ridiculous names like Cool Dude (I am not making this up).

So it comes down to whether Hasbro prevails or the director prevails...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media