Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 16th, 2011, 03:39 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
I also thought it might be fun to bring two, 250-point armies and you and your opponent trade one of them (opponent's choice) before each round.

So half your army is what you brought, and half your army is half of what the other player brought.
Does this seem like it would be a fun format for people? Is there a way to tweak it to be more fun?

Edit: To be clear, the resulting 500-point army would be one army, not two distinct ones, so bonding and "you control" abilities would function with both.
My initial concern with this format is that I would be tempted to bring vanilla and no heroes, like:

2x Minions (220)
Filler
2x Sentinels (220)
Filler

Maybe I'm missing something, but this was my knee-jerk reaction.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm more interested in the reverse the whip and draft events.

But I'm not the TD so...

Just as long as you don't use a d20 to decide how many points the armies are, I will be just fine!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; March 16th, 2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Cuz what kind of looney does that!?!?!
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If this is an event that would be held at Madness, I can talk to Chris and make handouts/flyers when I know the date/format/etc.

Thanks for running this one, Velenne.

Old March 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have we ever had a tourney with a point total of say 300-380 points? I think it would be fun, limit startzones to 14 hexes and make it 6 rounds instead of 5. More opponents and quicker less dragging on a loss than a regular tournament.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Have we ever had a tourney with a point total of say 300-380 points? I think it would be fun, limit startzones to 14 hexes and make it 6 rounds instead of 5. More opponents and quicker less dragging on a loss than a regular tournament.

The only times I've played with points that low it was either in the team games, or in a free for all a la the North Texas Shootout.

I'm not sure that just playing more rounds in the day is going to be enough to make it interesting though. Needs another hook.

Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

FYI, the Richardson Open thread is up.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not sure if this is really the best place to ask, but what the hey: Are the ROTV figures sufficiently hard to find to make them Prize Table Worthy? I don't anticipate being able to get my hands on many more sealed boosters, and I was fortunate to get several ROTV's back in the day.

I promise they'll have bases...

Old April 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I see them quite often on ebay; unfortunately, it's the terrain that is hard to find. However, it is the prize table, so as long as you're not trying to pass off expired government cheese or something I think you'll be fine.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Super Doopa

I think they would make an awesome prize-RotV is getting hard to find/expensive.

I can think of a few people from the draft last year that wpuld have loved to have gotten it as a prize.

Keeping the bases on is a good idea.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

FYI, for the Richardson Open, in addition to the regular Heroscape prizes, I was thinking of putting a suggested prize of "your favorite card game". There are a bunch f fun $10-$15 card games that would make excellent prizes. It should appeal to your typical gamer at our events.

Of course, it would remain completely optional.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM

What about the SotM figs less the commons? Or is that decidedly more lame?

I know free is free and all, I just don't wnat to insult someone by offering up what are essentially my "leavings"...

Card games sounds like a great idea! Dignan, I have this one game you'd love, Parade? It's like nothing you've ever played 90 times before!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; April 3rd, 2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Probably over thinking this.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
What about the SotM figs less the commons? Or is that decidedly more lame?

I know free is free and all, I just don't wnat to insult someone by offering up what are essentially my "leavings"...
It's not super lame. They would be pretty cool to those that don't have access to them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events