Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 24th, 2008, 10:16 PM

einars general has disabled reputation
einar based army

i was just fooling around when i came up with this army idea and i want to know if its good or not and any sugestions

650 points

tagawa samurai
tagawa samurai archers
kaemon awa
einar imperium
emperess kiova
scared band
old railen

ive played my brother with it and pound him and i beat one of my friends
who almost always pounds, and beat them both but is this a tournament ready army
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: einar based army

Quote:
Originally Posted by einars general
i was just fooling around when i came up with this army idea and i want to know if its good or not and any sugestions

650 points

tagawa samurai
tagawa samurai archers
kaemon awa
einar imperium
emperess kiova
scared band
old railen

ive played my brother with it and pound him and i beat one of my friends
who almost always pounds, and beat them both but is this a tournament ready army
Not even close. Most common squads need multiples, ESPECIALLY the TSA or Sacred Band. And those aren't exactly tournement winners in the first place.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
drop the sacred band and replace with legionaries. then send marcus in instead of the Tagawa archers. Other wise this is an O.k team but if you go to a tournement you will lose really early
p.s was the freinds you beet using a deathwalker army :P
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
has been BANNED

darktrooper899 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
AHH! Bad Grammar! Misspelled words! No capi...
Old February 25th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy
drop the sacred band and replace with legionaries. then send marcus in instead of the Tagawa archers. Other wise this is an O.k team but if you go to a tournement you will lose really early
p.s was the freinds you beet using a deathwalker army :P

Ummm, he still needs multiple commons. It's terrible as is, and it'll be only be SLIGHTLY less terrible like that. It'll be sluaghtered.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 25th, 2008, 05:35 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Apperently it's working well where he lives.
Not everyone has multiples and are competitive.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM

i dont see why to replace the scared band with the roman legionnaires. in this army scared band have 8 defence (10 when protecting railen) and they can move freely around. plus they make great gaurds for railen and without TSA i would have barly any range at all.so you guys have any better ways to improve my army
PS: my freind uses Q9, x4 4th mass, railen, x2 deathreavers, krav maga,
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
Quote:
i dont see why to replace the sacred band with the roman legionnaires. in this army scared band have 8 defence (10 when protecting railen) and they can move freely around. plus they make great gaurds for railen and without TSA i would have barly any range at all.so you guys have any better ways to improve my army
Spelling aside, is your friend any good?

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM

good? yes, he he has won a tornement once and got marked in the top 4 a cuple times
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
i dont see why to replace the scared band with the roman legionnaires. in this army scared band have 8 defence (10 when protecting railen) and they can move freely around. plus they make great gaurds for railen and without TSA i would have barly any range at all.so you guys have any better ways to improve my army
The Scared Band have 8 defense? How?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Base defense of 2. Each member adds one to his defense for an all disciplined army, not for each member you add one. You get 3 defense, not 8.
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:09 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Here's a suggestion army:

Empress Kiova - 90
The Einar Emperium - 230
Marcus Decimus Gallus - 330
Roman Legionnaires - 380
Kaemon Awa - 500
TSA x2 - 630
Marcu Esenwein - 650

Empress Kiova - Supports The Einar Imperium with her special ability: Gift of the Empress Aura. She may be hard to keep alive, but if you can find a well positioned spot for her where The Einar Imperium will receive her benefits, her usefulness will increase greatly.

The Einar Emperium - Receives benefits for being a soldier, and Einar kyrie. They can be easily taken down by any ranged figure, so make sure you have Empress Kiova nearby, and be smart as to where you move them and when.

Marcus Decimus Gallus - Supports The Einar Imperium and Roman
Legionnaires with his Soldier Leadership and Soldier Attack Enhancement. Have him advance with your Einar Imperium if possible to maximize their strength with their double attack ability, or with the Roman Legionnaires since it may be difficult to keep up so many figures with The Einar Imperium.

Roman Legionnaires - Ability to bond with Marcus Decimus Gallus, and an all around well balanced squad. Make sure you have then in a pack when traveling in order to receive the benefits from their Shield Wall ability. 4 Defense may sometimes just be enough to get through the repetitive hits of a 4th Massachusetts Line or Krav Maga with a little luck on your side.

Kaemon Awa - Gives the army some ranged ability as well as being an all around strong figure. Don't rush him in too quickly though, he is very vulnerable with his low defense and life.

Tagawa Samurai Archers - This squad also gives the army some more ranged ability, but they may get taken down easily by Q9 or other ranged figures.

Marcu Esenwein - As usual, Marcu Esenwein fills up the 20 point gap to maximize the 650 point availability. He can also be a great addition if you can get him out at the right time, and give his 4th Massachusetts Line some trouble.

The only problem with this team is that there is only 1, rather than 2, squad of Roman Legionnaires. This is because you would need more range to your army, therefore adding 2 squads of TSA. You would have to close down the gap between your figures and your opponents ranged figures extremely quickly, and it may be difficult placing your order markers. This army would most likely get taken down by Q9, NilfHeim, or any other figure with a strong ranged attack.

Also, there is no Raelin which may be an issue. I had this because if we were to include Raelin, then you would have to have Empress Kiova, Raelin, AND The Einar Emperium having to work their way out in a unified group if you want to receive the benefits of both Empress Kiova and Raelin.

On a side note, the Einer, as well as the Ullar, are very lacking in flexability and strength as far as creating competitive armies go. When my friends and I have general battles, the winner is almost always Utgar/Vydar, sometimes Jandar, and never Ullar or Einar.

I'm happy to see that in wave 8, some of the figures that I have seen are supporting Ullar and Einar, but as for now you are going to have trouble finding the army it takes to beat your friends strong army of Major Q9, 4th Massachusetts Line, Krav Maga Agents, Deathreavers, and Raelin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion