Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 21st, 2008, 12:56 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Playing to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Ona, I would play against you anytime! You got the sportsmanship attitude that I'd like to foster in our community. We are the ones building the framework of Heroscape as a competitive game. We decide the unwritten code of conduct.
Well, for what its worth, I'd like to see the competitive aspect of the game grow. It will be work for sure though. The fun, casual part is easy.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

If my opponent is making himself miserable by his attitude toward winning (and I've seen them do it, even when they were winning easily and surely), that is their own business and I let it be (although I might have some sympathy for the poor sod). If my opponent is making me miserable by his attitude, though, I find that I'm quite happy to have the game be over (win or lose) and to note not to play that poor person again until they've had some significant therapy.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe then you could employ the Exit Strategy!
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:49 PM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart

That's one solution!

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

The other option is very politely to say, "Excuse me. This isn't fun any more." Then you stand up and leave.
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Rev Rocks! I have yet to exercise that strategy but it has come to my mind on more than one occasion.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
The other option is very politely to say, "Excuse me. This isn't fun any more." Then you stand up and leave.

Vomiting on the board is also an option (but not recommended)
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Rev Rocks! I have yet to exercise that strategy but it has come to my mind on more than one occasion.
Yeah, I thought about using Rev's strategy against you in that HoB pickup game at funrun's tourney, especially since you were pretty much wiping the board with me.

Except, of course, it was still lots of fun. I'm just jabbing at ya is all.

Truth be told, I actually look forward to my matches with you as I use them as a barometer to measure my progress, or my army, or both.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 21st, 2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Taught myself how to spell progress
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM

ZtruK has disabled reputation

I don’t play tournaments or anything like that. If I did I would probably play to win.

However, we used to do straight drafts with friends and the same units would come up over and over. We all know what they are.

Now what we do to avoid this is we mix it all up. If we are going to mix in marvel, you get to roll the D20, You get the marvel you roll 1-2 = Venom, 3-4 = Spidey… 19-20 = Hulk. You can either accept or decline your Marvel. If you decline, you have those points leftover to use regular scape.

Then we roll the D20 for Color (General) 1-4, 5-9 etc. I mix in yellow with whatever army has the least cards.

So each player ends up with the possibility of one Marvel (if we are playing them at all) and a color to build their army from. I find this makes for much more enjoyable games instead of facing Q9, Brax etc etc every time you play.
Old August 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM

If you play with the same people every time you play, you need to do something to mix it up. That sounds as good as any.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

I just got off a game of Halo 1 PC online where someone called me a noob for me killing him with the Banshee... right after him killed me with one.

I called him an "ignorant hypocrite". He said I was a noob for using it the whole match even though I only joined the server 3 minutes ago. He said I could only get kills in the Banshee even though I only killed him twice with it.

So I landed my Banshee on a tree. He tried to kill me with a Needler from a long distance (The Needler is an overall crappy weapon and it's EXTREMLY ineffective at long range). I killed him with a few head and upperbody shots from the pistol and said "At least I know not to use ineffective weapons, noob".

He then didn't type anything for while. He said "y are u such a dick" and then logged out. Owned.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I just got off a game of Halo 1 PC online where someone called me a noob for me killing him with the Banshee... right after him killed me with one.

I called him an "ignorant hypocrite". He said I was a noob for using it the whole match even though I only joined the server 3 minutes ago. He said I could only get kills in the Banshee even though I only killed him twice with it.

So I landed my Banshee on a tree. He tried to kill me with a Needler from a long distance (The Needler is an overall crappy weapon and it's EXTREMLY ineffective at long range). I killed him with a few head and upperbody shots from the pistol and said "At least I know not to use ineffective weapons, noob".

He then didn't type anything for while. He said "y are u such a dick" and then logged out. Owned.
You are so cool

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion