Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old August 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Warhammer Pricing Help

Looking for help from an avid Warhammer players on the forums.

I have the potential to buy an assembled, but unpainted Warhammer Chaos Army. It would include:

Core:
21 Warriors with halberds and shields
15 Warriors with hand weapon shields
6 chaos knights

Special:
20 Blood letters

Characters:
1 Lord of chaos on a dragon
1 Exalted Sorcerer on daemonic mount
1 Exalted champion of chaos on daemonic mount
1 Exalted Champion of chaos
1 Aspiring Champion of Chaos
2 Sorcerers of Chaos.

Here's a link to the pictures he's provided (which are not that great).
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...2&ImageIndex=0

Could anyone tell me approximately what this is worth? He has been trying to sell it on the ads locally for over a month, so I don't think he is getting a lot of offers, so I'm hoping to pick up a steal, if possible.

Last edited by A_Train; August 18th, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:43 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer Pricing Help

Go on to the Warhammer website and find out. I figure thats kind of obvious but i doubt anybody wants to do it for you.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would need to see the how well they were assembled.
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He said I can take it all for $100, which doesn't seem too bad, since a pack of 12 Warriors alone costs $42 here.
But I am also worried about how well they are put together, based on the pictures above, it looks like a bit of a mess. I may be better off starting with the WoC starter pack (or even the skull pass starter).

Thanks for the reply, Jormi Boced.
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

100 dollars is probably pretty good for all of that. I noticed that isn't the new book in the pictures though, and those cards while neat are not used anymore either.
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Battle Reporter

Yes, it is the old book, and cards. As well, the bloodletters are no longer with the Human warriors. I also worry that several of the hero or sorcerer figures may be out dated as well.
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Well I know they still have sorcerers, and they have some pretty powerful spells too.
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

100 bucks isn't a bad price. You'd pay alot more if you bought all that stuff new.

A couple of points, the deamons are now there own seperate faction from chaos. That army book and the cards are obsolete.

Not a bad pick up if you're looking to get into the game. You'll need to pick up the new army book for chaos, as well as the new chaos deamon book if you want to go that route. Also you'll have to buy more mini's as this doesn't look like a fully done army.

So, if you're using this as a jump start into the game, its a good deal.

If you're looking at this like a plug and play type thing and don't want to invest any more time, money, effort, than this is probably not for you.

Just remember, Warhammer is a very expensive hobby. Even doing it "on the cheap", can still end up costing quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Just remember, Warhammer is a very expensive hobby. Even doing it "on the cheap", can still end up costing quite a bit.
Very expensive hobby?

I would say it is probably more towards the inexpensive side. You can spend as little as a few hundered on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures