Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Re: SSBB Discussion Thread

You know I've thought of that. I'm horrible at the throws, too, and they seem to be a big part of competitive play.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:22 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

When is the best time to use a throw?

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old December 30th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Switty111 knows what's in an order marker Switty111 knows what's in an order marker

I almost always use Kirby but some people that I play with tend to be on the noobish side and use Ike
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
When is the best time to use a throw?
When the character you're using has a good one, or when your opponent won't stop shielding.

For instance, I use Mario's throw repeatedly. I just dash forward and grab them, sometimes after I jump and throw a Fireball. The Fireball will knock them out of a smash move or charge move, or possibly make them shield. Then I grab them and throw the opposite way.

Samus has a pretty good throw too, but you have to learn when to use it. If you miss, she has a bunch of lag.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
I know there has to be some SSBB guys on here. So let's get discussing!

1. Who's your main? Your second? Third?
Shiek is my main.
Kirby's my second.
Pit's my third.

2. Why did you choose your main(s)?
Shiek - First time I tried her she totally blew me away. She just feels so much like a ninja it's unbelievable. Her brute strength/speed just owns.

Kirby - He was always my guy from the very start(SSB). Of course, I started out spamming the rock. However, my gameplay has evolved alot since, and I'm happy to say I beat tourny-level smashers on a regular basis with him. He was only knocked down by Shiek because I really want to get better with her.

Pit - I'm considering dropping him, but for who, I'm not sure. I dunno, I might keep him. I chose him because I did better with him then Captian Falcon.

3. What is your normal strategy?
With Shiek I like to explode out from the start and never let them off their toes. I play a more conservative game with Kirby, and tend to wait for them to come to me about half the time. The other half I use Kirbz intense air game to my advantage. As for Pit, he's just all air. I spam over-b. heh, it's pretty fun to constantly rat on your opponent with it.
A. It is spelled SHEIK. Think about Zelda's gender. SHEik. Sheik is said to be a male, but we all know it's Zelda in disguise.
2. Explain "Tourney-Level" to me. And please, don't say "Those guys who only play Fox and only play Final Destination" because that is just stupid. As are Smash Tourneys. This game doesn't include all skill. It also has to do with luck. You have good days and bad days.
Tourneys = Stupid.
III. and you just ruined Pit. Thats what is so stupid about Pit now. I used him all the time, until my 3 friends started playing. Now, all they do it use B> and I stand off to the side, and they call it cheating. I need some better friends who don't complain when they win. Anyways...

Mains
1. Lucario - Loved him from the beginning. Fast, long reach, and up in your face. Love his Final Smash and his "Get Stronger with more damage" ability thing. I get hit a lot. :P
2. Lucas - Not sure. I just do really well with him. Except on New Pork City. Cursed New Pork City.
3. Link/Sheik & Zelda - Link is slower, but stronger, but Sheik is faster. I prefer Sheik/Zelda most of the time, but I do play Link. I with we would have gotten Young Link* back instead of Toon Link. Toon Link sucks.
4. Wolf - This guy is SICK!! Fast and strong, and easy to use. Loved him from day 2 (that's when I unlocked him. :P)
5. Ganondorf - Still like him. I wish he used the sword, but NOO!! Someone has to copy Captain Falcon and and be a lot slower.
6. Marth - I know, I know. Marth is girly in this game too. Sheesh! He is fast, and I can always hit at least a 3-hit combo with his B>

*Young Link was my Melee Main.
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Elffy, Toon Link sucks?!?!!?!! He's amazing. Of course, you get a lot of aerial down-A spammers, but I love his bombs, speed and shield.

I'm not good enough at the game in a 1v1 setting to really have a "Main", as I enjoy more playing with 4 people on the board and as many items as I can find, but if I had to answer:

1) Zelda - She got soooo much better in this game from Melee. Her Lightning Kick is outstanding, and I've always loved Din's Fire and her Up-Smash.

2) Lucas - I really, really like Up-Smashes, and his is insane. Plus, getting the Smash Ball with PK Thunder is about the cheesiest thing you can do.

3) Ganondorf - I'm trying to use Captain Falcon a little more because I'm sure he's a lot better, but I just get so many kills with Ganon. Yeah, he's slow and his recovery sucks, but he's really hard to kill and nearly all of his attacks can KO you. Plus, I love that you can turn around with the Wizard punch, even when you start it in the air. It's great to jump over someone, start the WP, then spin and wreck them.

For fun, I love playing Peach (with a million turnips - I'm becoming pretty good at hitting Smash Balls with them and Yoshi's eggs), Mario (I do nothing but spam Fireballs and throw you, but it's really fun) and Ness (I love watching 3 other people fight while a PK Flash is about to explode on them).

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:56 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:

Shiek is my main.
Kirby's my second.
Pit's my third.

Shiek - First time I tried her she totally blew me away. She just feels so much like a ninja it's unbelievable. Her brute strength/speed just owns.

Kirby - He was always my guy from the very start(SSB). Of course, I started out spamming the rock. However, my gameplay has evolved alot since, and I'm happy to say I beat tourny-level smashers on a regular basis with him. He was only knocked down by Shiek because I really want to get better with her.

Pit - I'm considering dropping him, but for who, I'm not sure. I dunno, I might keep him. I chose him because I did better with him then Captian Falcon.

With Shiek I like to explode out from the start and never let them off their toes. I play a more conservative game with Kirby, and tend to wait for them to come to me about half the time. The other half I use Kirbz intense air game to my advantage. As for Pit, he's just all air. I spam over-b. heh, it's pretty fun to constantly rat on your opponent with it.
III. and you just ruined Pit. Thats what is so stupid about Pit now. I used him all the time, until my 3 friends started playing. Now, all they do it use B> and I stand off to the side, and they call it cheating. I need some better friends who don't complain when they win. Anyways...
Here goes...

Firstly, you made alot of spelling/grammar errors in there. Want me to correct them, big boy?

Secondly, you have no idea about Over-B spam. I only do it 5-6 times a match, but I consider that spam because I rarely use moves so much. I was being very light-hearted about it, and I in no way expected an accusation like that.

Thirdly, no. I don't mean the guys who use Fox and play on final destination. Tourneys are not stupid. This game is fun. Heroscape is fun. Heroscape has tourneys...SSBB has tourneys. Nothing wrong with that. No big deal. No need to get all offensive and act like your the king of the world.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:

Shiek is my main.
Kirby's my second.
Pit's my third.

Here goes...

Firstly, you made alot of spelling/grammar errors in there. Want me to correct them, big boy?

Secondly, you have no idea about Over-B spam. I only do it 5-6 times a match, but I consider that spam because I rarely use moves so much. I was being very light-hearted about it, and I in no way expected an accusation like that.

Thirdly, no. I don't mean the guys who use Fox and play on final destination. Tourneys are not stupid. This game is fun. Heroscape is fun. Heroscape has tourneys...SSBB has tourneys. Nothing wrong with that. No big deal. No need to get all offensive and act like your the king of the world.
Firstly, I count 2.

Secondly, 5 or 6 times isn't spam. Spamming is when you do something repeatedly over and over again. And what accusation are you talking about? The "Ruining Pit" bit there?

Thirdly, Who's getting offensive now? Who's trying to be king? Maybe you should just shut up and act your age. Stop throwing accusations around. That post was not meant to be "mean" or "accusing" you of ruining Pit. It was an opinion about how I think B> spammers ruin Pit. I had no idea your definition of "spam" is only using it 5 or 6 times. I don't see how I implied I was the king of anything, let alone the world. I gave my opinion. You talk like I was saying that stuff is fact. Brawl Tourneys are stupid. You play, you lose, you're out. Heroscape Tourneys are Swiss Style, you play, you lose, you continue to play and have fun. Brawl? Not so much. So I will say it again. Brawl Tourneys are stupid.

Now, I suggest we return to this thread. If you'd like to continue this disscussion, PM me.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Alright. Hopefully the rest of the community can understand this, and just move along. I suppose we both were out of our zones a bit. However, I really don't think Brawl Tournaments are stupid. I'm entitled to my opinion, and so are you. I don't think your able to say they're stupid and actually say that's that, it's over, done.

You did, however, offend me. I'll get over it though, and I hope you can as well.

Feel awkward saying this...but...

Would you forgive me?

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

I loathe the term "spamming." It's stupid in itself. Like Heroscape, I'm sure this game was tested for countless hours, and no one move is overpowered. Some characters play better than others, true, but on a good day a skilled player could beat any other...or lose to any other for that matter. A bit of luck and skill are required to win a Brawl, I believe. And I don't believe that "spamming" exists, unless you don't know how to counter a Mario fireball or a Kirby stone and are a sore loser.

Not dissing anyone here, just an observation on the game and its players in general.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM

I don't know about you, but if I'm playing SSBB against Kirby or Yoshi, I hope they spam the heck out of their down B. I'll just roll out of the way and throw them across the screen.

Pit's >B is annoying, but it doesn't get ridiculous unless he sticks you in a corner. A lot of characters can do stuff like that. Falco, Fox or Pikachu can trap you in the corner and just keep mashing A - that's just as annoying. But, I'd much rather play against a Pit spammer than someone really good with Ike - he's just wrong.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Pit's >B is annoying, but it doesn't get ridiculous unless he sticks you in a corner. A lot of characters can do stuff like that. Falco, Fox or Pikachu can trap you in the corner and just keep mashing A - that's just as annoying. But, I'd much rather play against a Pit spammer than someone really good with Ike - he's just wrong.
Yeah, Pit's one of my main guys, and I almost never use his side B attack. He doesn't need to use it to rack up damage. He's fast and can fly, which is good for combos.

But Ike's still probably my best. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite game series, so when I heard he was going to be in, I said he was going to be my main, no matter what. And killing people in two hits is darn fun!
The only problem with him is timing. He's too slow to make any mistake. If you use Ike, you basically automatically win or lose... Pretty risky sometimes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games