Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Marro Drudge

The Book of Marro Drudge
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: A strange sizzling sound fills the Ticalla Jungle, and an acid stench fills the already scent-filled swamp. In the distance, a new type of lesser Marro fires its two pistols. Upon closer look, there are fleshy veins flowing from the body of the Marro Drudge to the creature’s pistols. Its target is one of the giant wasps that inhabit the rivers and lakes of the jungle. Giant globs of deep purple goo rocket out of each pistol. Nasty smells of strong acid fill the air, the wings of the wasp dissolve in the acid shots, and the massive creature falls to the ground from the Drudge attack.

If its attack wasn’t enough, the Drudge are very dangerous in swamp water. They seem to emerge out of the Swamp Water from nowhere. There are rumors that areas of the uncharted swamp are filled with nothing but submerged Marro Drudge waiting to attack.
(Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - MARRO HIVE: Hive Mind
    Being a medium common marro squad, Marro Drudge may benefit from MARRO HIVE’s HIVE MIND ability.

-MARRO HIVE: Marro Rebirth
    Being a common marro squad, Marro Drudge may benefit from MARRO HIVE’s MARRO REBIRTH ability.

-TUL-BAK-RA: Teleport Reinforcements
    Being a marro squad, Marro Drudge may benefit from TUL=BAK-RA’s TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS ability.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Marro Drudge- Unless the Drudge have some swamp in which they can maneuver, their usefulness is significantly lower. D

OEAO: D

Cleon: Tier 2 (191/208)

dok (VC inclusive): D

Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; April 12th, 2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: vc added
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Glad to see these guys on here I love these guys the more swamp water the better and God Bless Swamp water waterfalls.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I don't care HOW bad they are compared to the Stingers. These guys look AWESOME, and thus, I love them.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
I'd just like to point out that the swamp water tunnel ability is amazing on the right maps. The swamp water tiles that they tunnel to and from do NOT have to be connected. They only have to be on the same level! That's some pretty amazing flexibility.
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:32 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys have incredible sculpts, and their swamp ability is really really cool. But these guys won't see too much play from my end simply because they are so terrain specific. Obsidian guards and Yeti are the same way, they are all pretty fun and pretty good on their terrain, but that's about it. It's a shame their playability doesn't match their sweet sculpts
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
I'd think they'll get more play with the newest players who only have Swarm of the Marro, and thus quite a bit of swamp.

!
Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:40 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Marro Drudge swamp tunneling.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM

Dumb Dwarf has disabled reputation
I think Su-bak-na's boost would be helpful for when you roll for the revive and massive curse glyphs. I havent really looked at the SotM glyphs, so I don't know if any of them require rolling.

I do have a question for the number crunchers though.

Since water (and swamp water) often seem to be banked, at what times is it beneficial to give your opponent hight advantage for the bonus.

What I mean is at what attack and defense do you get an advantage out of it, and at what point does the question statistically become irrelevant.

DD

I just hope Aquilla doesn't summon me any time soon.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:32 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Marro Drudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf View Post
I think Su-bak-na's boost would be helpful for when you roll for the revive and massive curse glyphs. I havent really looked at the SotM glyphs, so I don't know if any of them require rolling.

Since water (and swamp water) often seem to be banked, at what times is it beneficial to give your opponent hight advantage for the bonus.

What I mean is at what attack and defense do you get an advantage out of it, and at what point does the question statistically become irrelevant.

DD
I did some research on that today and it turns out that the lower the defense the less you need swamp water.I have a hypothesis that if the target figure has < or = to 2 that you wont need the swamp water and would be better off without it.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't know if it was luck, bad playing on my opponent's part, or the fact the map was a big swamp... but the Marro Drudge (two squads) just killed Saylind, Morsbane, Sonlen, and the Warriors of Ashra before getting killed. Eventually Syvarris took 'em out, but MAN, I didn't even need to MOVE anyone else.

Awesome.

I don't see why these guys get a bad rap... I mean, put 'em on a swamp map (which seem common nowadays) and unleash hell. With Ticalla Jungle out, they can only improve!
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:23 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Problem: The Stingers do everything they can do, but better. The fast strike capability of theirs only works once, since that effectively is the turn they die. In addition, most swamp isn't on height, so their opponents almost always have height against them. Even if next to the jungle, not only can the Stingers get the jungle bonus too without having to almost always be on the lowest level of the map, the Drudge also have a measly range of FIVE. Sure, the Stingers also boast the same range, but at least the Stingers are good ANYWHERE, not just Swamp Water. Tunneling away from that jungle tree means that unless you're playing on a field absolutely full of them, you aren't exactly likely to pop up to another. The fact that you can only tunnel to a Swamp Water Tile on your current level limits their power.
And, judging by the opponent's line-up, Drudge beat WoA by default since their ranged. Unfortunately, a lot of other ranged units can also live up to that claim, and the WoA can engage them the next turn (assuming they didn't die already... which I assume was the case in your game). As for the rest, Sonlen dies to repeated attacks (though he's the only one out of that lot that surprises me that you killed), Saylind is a melee unit with no way whatsoever to counter the Drudge, never mind that she's a mediocre unit already, and Morsbane is ALSO melee and ALSO has no way to counter the Drudge. I'd say it was just the opponent's army.
However, no matter what the case, owning someone with the Drudge must be dang immoralizing to the opponent. Props to you for killing someone with them.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They definitely have value as a screen on maps where they can move far forward from their start zone. Suppose you've moved Q9 out on your first turn of the game. If you moved up WoA on your 2 marker, you could get them about even with him. Rats? You could get a little ahead. Neither would be able to attack that turn unless Cyprien or Sujoah or someone was in your face already. But the drudge could be much more efficient. With low cost and that move 5, tunnel 5, shoot 5 threat radius, they can get far ahead of Q9 and probably then attack. The drudge suck when played like the Microcorps or Stingers; they are not a "main gun" unit to be protected by Raelin or a screen. They are the screen! Run out there, engage, and make trouble!

The drudge welcome Wave 8 with open arms. That 3 attack against height is going to inflict meaningful losses among MarCav, Spiders, 10th Foot, and wolves, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syvarris0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb Dwarf View Post

DD
I did some research on that today and it turns out that the lower the defense the less you need swamp water.I have a hypothesis that if the target figure has < or = to 2 that you wont need the swamp water and would be better off without it.
Any time you give the enemy +1 defense and give yourself +1 attack in return, it's going to improve your average damage. I'd rather attack 3 dice with 3 dice than 2 with 2.

Last edited by rdhight; June 26th, 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: mistakes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units