Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old December 31st, 2013, 06:40 PM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
sam268 battle report!

So, here it is! Me and my friend Jimmy will play on a map I made called....

Bridge Over Troubled Waters!

So, for the teams.....

Sam268: grimnak, mimring, syvvaris, vikings, and blade gruts x2

Jimmy: taelord, omnicron snipers, airborne elite, srgt. Drake alexander.

Hopefully I will have the results by tonight, but feel free to guess the winner! We will play with kelda glyph, and 3 unknown glyphs.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:49 PM

Re: sam268 battle report!

Hmmm not much excitement people? awww oh well here it goes anyway.

Jimmy with his army:

My army:

Round 1.

Jimmy drops his airborne, and wins initiative. Good start for him. He uncovers all three glyphs, the one on the bridge is range +4, the one by the waterfall is defense +1, and the one on the edge is move +2.

One of his airbornes deals a wound on syvvaris.

Syvvaris takes a shot at one of the airbornes, but his arrows are dodged. Meanwhile, his omnicrons move up.

Syvvaris takes another two shots at the airborne by the falls, and the little guy goes down.

An airborne ends syvvaris' s heroics by sniping him from the bridge. 3 skulls will beat a whiff anyday.

Round 2.

I win initiative. I bring my vikings into the fray with a lucky beserker charge. Two of them take the bridge, coming dangerously close to his airborne.

His snipers come charging up the hill at an alarming pace, due to the move glyph. A viking going for the defense glyph gets gunned down.

The vikings strike back. 2 airbornes down, 2 to go.

Taelord flys in to back up his omnicrons, and I bring in some orcs for reinforcements. drake starts to move up also.

This is an overview of the map.

Now for round 3.

Jimmy wins initiative, and his snipers move up. Snipers + height + taelord = bloodbath.

My vikings perform a little flanking manuever. One jumps off the bridge into the water close to the airborne and move glyph, and the other charges towards drake, who has no order markers. Neither reach their target yet. Jimmy moves up taelord to the hilltop.

Next, my gruts charge forwards, but Jimmy's snipers massacre them. I have severely underestimated these omnicrons.

My vikings move again, but I fail on the berserk roll, so they are juuuuust out of reach of their targets. Cool pic though.

Round 4.

He wins initiative again. He moves up his snipers, but cant hit anyone. I bring in the bad boy and toast a sniper.

His snipers kill mimring in one turn. 3 skulls = alot of hits. Mimring goes down. My turn two marker was on him, so his white wall of death moves forwards again, killing 2 gruts.

I move my last two gruts up a little.

Round 5.

Jimmy wins initiative. The 20d just isnt working for me today. His snipers move up and kill my last two gruts.

I cannot move, my gruts are dead. He moves taelord to his snipers.

I still cannot move, my 2nd marker was on gruts as well. His last order marker happened to have been on his airbornes. Both airbornes attack, both vikings go down.

Jimmy wins the game!!!

This is the map after our little battle.

After game thoughts: I really do have to say this did not turn out anything like I thought it would. I have never seen taelord drafted in a 500 pt army, and I always thought it was a waste. I could have won, but my lack of ranged figures is what really killed me. I did not expect either syvvaris or mimring to whiff like that. I also underestimated just how good those omnicrons would be with 3 attack. Their special aint called deadly shot for no reason. Both omnicrons and taelord gained a good bit of well earned respect today. However, we both had alot of fun, and the map was a very fun one to play on.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:53 PM

Soooo, how did you guys like it?

This was my first battle report, and it was entirely done on a tablet, so sorry for the low quality. I learned to make the pictures larger and to make it a little easier to read, but if you guys have any advice on how to make them better, let me know!
I really did enjoy making this, I hope you enjoy reading it!
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:09 AM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Not bad for a first report! Don't feel bad about the low amount of traffic you got; you posted it while everyone was at parties and such like.

If you want to improve, try to put each pic so that it's on the left side of the page. Right now, it's hard to read, (or look at for that matter), with the pics at different parts of the page.

Keep it up and enjoy your Christmas!

P.S. Yeah, those snipers can be brutal.
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:04 PM

Yeah, I agree, and thanks for the feedback!
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post

If you want to improve, try to put each pic so that it's on the left side of the page. Right now, it's hard to read, (or look at for that matter), with the pics at different parts of the page.
I suggest centering them. An example, from Molten Valley Battle Report:

After mucking the opening (OM 1 on the Greyspears instead of the Swiftfangs), I eventually was able to set up a ranged pod of Greypears/Arktos on the center raised area nearest me, while chas moved Nilfeim and Moltenclaw onto the corrosponding area on his side.

Mimring moved up early, made one Fireline attack, and then waited until the field was clear to . . .

. . . move below the Tower the Krav had taken, and proceed to devour them one by one, pursuing the last one to the top of the Tower.

Old January 1st, 2014, 09:41 PM

Ok, thanks for the example. I will try to do that! Lets hope I can haha
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:05 PM

Alright! Time to get set up for another battle! I will be playing jimmy again, lets hope I can beat him this time!

Jimmy's army: Raelin RotV, Krav Maga Agents, Agent Carr, Izumi Samurai, Tarn Vikings, and the Airborne Elite.

My army: Ne-Gok-Sa, marro warriors, Mimring, Srgt. Drake Alexander RotV, and Syvvaris.

Annnnd we will be playing on a map I made called Feldspar Cliffs, with 2 unknow glyphs.

I know, I know, your probably thinking the cliffs look cheesy, but the pictures dont do justice

We have decided to not play a 2 hour game tonight, but I will try to get the report up by tomorrow evening. Also, I hope the pictures above turned out right. (Crossing fingers)

EDIT: Ok the pictures worked haha, I will make them bigger for the battle report though, thanks for the advice!
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:11 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm... Interesting cliffs. I'll have to try that out some time.
And I hate to say it, but I think Jimmy's gonna win.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:34 PM

So, here is the battle report, I will quickly go over the armies for this battle again.

Sam268: Mimring, Syvvaris, Srgt. Drake Alexander RotV, Ne-Gok-Sa, and Marro warriors.

Jimmy: Raelin RotV, Agent Carr, Tarn Vikings, Krav Maga, Izumi Samurai, and Airborne Elite.

And we will play on a map I made called Feldspar Cliffs!

Round 1.

Jimmy does not drop Airborne. He wins initiative, immediately moving his vikings up to the glyph on his side of the map.

I move up the marro warlord to the same area on my side of the map.

Jimmy's second turn was on Raelin, and she makes use of her speed by landing on his glyph revealing +4 range.

I had similar plans in mind for ne-gok-sa. My glyph is attack +1.

He moves up agent carr with his vikings, and I fly Mimring up to my island. Round 1 ends.

Round 2.

Jimmy fails on his airborne drop roll. I win initiative. Moving Syvvaris up a little, I take two shots at his vikings. Raelins defense aura saves their lives.

Still under raelins protection, his vikings get closer to my front line.

My marro warriors move into position to protect syvvaris from a viking slaughter. None of them are able to get any hits though.

Agent carr charges in and kills a marro.

I bring in mimring for my last turn, and use his fire breath on a line of vikings. Raelins aura is proving to be to powerful to overcome though.

Jimmy decides the range glyph isnt worth holding, so he flies raelin up to the top of the map, looking down on the battle for the attack glyph below.

Round 3.

Jimmy finally rolls a 14 and drops his airborne elite, but I win initiative. He scatters them over the high places on the map.

My first turn is on syvvaris, who takes action against the new threat, and shoots two of them on opposite sides of the map. 2 shots, 2 kills.

His airborne strike back, and deal syvvaris 2 wounds.

Mimring flies back to his little island on my side of the map, and, with his scorching breath, burns raelin and toasts a third airborne.

Agent carr makes a valiant charge, and attacks the marro warlord, only slightly injuring him.

However, expecting this move, I had my third order marker on ne-gok-sa. After a nice long conversation, the warlord convinces the lone agent to join his cause. Jimmy's heavy hitter gets mindshackled.

Jimmy's vikings, desperate to slow down what will clearly be a devestating charge on my part, run in and engage as many as they can. My defense is too strong for his vikings though.

Round 4.

I win initiative. Knowing I will not be able to kill the vikings boosted by raelin, I take aim at the winged woman herself. Syvvaris, protected by a wall of marro, fires two shots at raelin, both dealing 2 wounds. Raelin goes down.

Jimmy moves his samurai up.

My marro warriors fend of two vikings, killing them.

Jimmy charges in with his samurai to replace the dead vikings. A marro warrior gets cut down.

Mimring flies in, and burns 2 samurai and a viking. My forces are nearly clear to move on.

Jimmy's krav start to move in for a last stand.

Round 5.

I win initiative again. The last samurai (phun intended) is no match for the sword of reckoning and attack glyph.

His first turn was on the izumi, so I go again, and syvvaris goes under the overhang alone, shooting the last airborne off of his sniping position.

The krav attack syvvaris, but somehow do no damage. Mimring flies in and turns two of three agents into torches.

Jimmy, left with one krav maga and one viking, agrees this game is over, and surrenders to my superior forces. Sam268 wins!

The map after the battle.

After game thoughts: I must admit the dice were really in my favor this game. Although jimmy had a pretty powerful front line at first, once raelin went down, his army really collapsed. I was certainly lucky with ne-gok-sa, but I think if jimmy had just gotten to height with his krav early on, he would have had a much better chance at winning. The map was kinda bizzare, but we both thought it was fun to play on.

P.S. sorry about the bad paint job in the background, that room really needs to be redone, and as of now, I dont have any other good spot to set up the map.

Last edited by sam268; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:35 PM

I dont know why the pictures are still small. I tried to resize them, but the forums kept them the same size.... if you click on them it will show a large image, sorry about that.

Last edited by sam268; January 2nd, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:40 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like your battle reports they bring some nostalgia. Keep it up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports