Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 4th, 2009, 12:19 AM

Oestedb is surprisingly tart
Re: 500 Point Competitive Armies

I forgot to add the army that rocked the first two tournaments I went to:

Taelord
Omnicrons x3
20 points of filler
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I've played that, but I went in with 2 sets of Omnicrons and 3 sets of Reavers - I kicked the hell out of quite a few folks with this one.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 4th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Oestedb is surprisingly tart

I wondered how that army would work if you went with Taelord, two omnicrons, Zetacron, and the Izumi Samurai. You aren't losing too much firepower, but you are gaining a small shield wall.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm looking at:

Raelin II:120
Einar Imps: 280 (400)
Krav Agents: 100 (500)

This has the potential to allow the Einar Imps to travel in a pack with Raelin using only 3 Order Markers as well as allowing at least 13 attacks per round, and a maximum of 18 attacks per round. This also allows them all to screen for the KMA to keep the bad guys off of Raelin.

Any figures with double attack rock.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I've played that, but I went in with 2 sets of Omnicrons and 3 sets of Reavers - I kicked the hell out of quite a few folks with this one.
That seems much stronger than the 3rd set of Omnicrons to me.

Comment from the future: But really, I'd like to see how it does with the repulsors instead of the rats.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

How about:

The best offense is a good defense

Major Q9: 180
Raelin: 80 (260)
Sentinels x 2: 220 (480)
Isamu: 10 (490)
Otonashi: 10 (500)

I believe this army would do quite well against a mass of Mass.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
How about:

The best offense is a good defense

Major Q9: 180
Raelin: 80 (260)

Sentinels x 2: 220 (480)
Isamu: 10 (490)
Otonashi: 10 (500)

I believe this army would do quite well against a mass of Mass.
I believe that Major Q9 and Raelin together work well against anybody.
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a combination of two MSI maps, and one extra MSI squad:

DW9K
Izumi
Grimnak
Finn
Krav

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

My favorite 500 point army is:

Minions x3
Airborne Elite
Deadeye Dan/Zetacron

Strategy: The minions are one of the most dominating squads in the game. The goal of the other pieces is to take out whatever might hinder them.

The Airborne Elite are shock troops that drop and gun for whatever piece will give the minions the most trouble. Braxas is obviously target number 1 if she is in the game. Zelrig, Q9, Raelin, Cyprien and Charos are also hunted targets.

Deadeye Dan and Zetacron appear to prevent opponents from turtling. If the opponent has rats or few-to-no large figures, I play Deadeye Dan. The sniper is also a great Isamu killer. One shot, no vanish, no fuss, no muss.

If the opponent is loaded with large figures, Zetacron is the way to go. In a non-draft setting I play Dan.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Deadeye Dan and Zetacron appear to prevent opponents from turtling. If the opponent has rats or few-to-no large figures, I play Deadeye Dan. The sniper is also a great Isamu killer. One shot, no vanish, no fuss, no muss.
I think he still gets to Vanish, unless you're talking about using Sharpshooter. DED would only have a 20% chance of taking out Isamu in one shot with Ullar Enhanced Rifle. He'd actually have a better chance with his normal attack with height advantage. (~23%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; May 5th, 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Vanish isn't a 'defense die,' and it works against special and normal attacks.
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
I think he still gets to Vanish, unless you're talking about using Sharpshooter. DED would only have a 20% chance of taking out Isamu in one shot with Ullar Enhanced Rifle. He'd actually have a better chance with his normal attack with height advantage. (~23%)
I think Ullar Enhanced Rifle only gives a 13.33% chance of killing Isamu.

edit: You're right about the Enhanced Rifle, it's 20%.

(Check my math, though:
(.5)*(.4)*(2/3)= .1333 = .2
prob of a skull * prob of no vanish * prob of no shield.)

Interestingly, a regular attack from height also has a 20% chance of killing Isamu in one shot.

(.75)*(.4)*(2/3)=.20
(prob of at least one skull * prob of no vanish * prob of no shield)

Both are clearly better than the 10% Sharpshooter.

--

Edit to add: Zetacron has a 30% chance of killing Isamu in one shot. 35% if Zetacron has height. Even with the chance at vanish, Zetacron is the better Isamu killer.

Last edited by fomox; May 5th, 2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Didn't read Ullar Enhanced Rifle. New text in bold.
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
I think Ullar Enhanced Rifle only gives a 13.33% chance of killing Isamu.

(Check my math, though:
(.5)*(.4)*(2/3)= .1333
prob of a skull * prob of no vanish * prob of no shield.)
Remember that you do not get to roll defense dice again Ullar Enhanced Rifle. If Deadeye rolls a skull that is a hit. The only thing that might happen is vanish, but I don't even know for that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion