Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 14th, 2007, 05:09 PM

piranha Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Is that some kind of Carr prototype, or just some kind of example of the crazy kind of crossovers Heroscape can do? I mean, we have a ponytailed, sunglass wearing guy in samurai armor with a 6 shooter on his hip wielding a europeon broadsword. Bah, now I'm going to have the Rising Zan song stuck in my head all day.
He doesn't have a 6 shooter. He has a flint lock pistol.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM

kookalives has disabled reputation
Quote:
Is that some kind of Carr prototype, or just some kind of example of the crazy kind of crossovers Heroscape can do? I mean, we have a ponytailed, sunglass wearing guy in samurai armor with a 6 shooter on his hip wielding a europeon broadsword. Bah, now I'm going to have the Rising Zan song stuck in my head all day.
It can't be Carr, unless it's a new mold of him. The copywrite is 2007, so it has to be a new figure we've not seen yet. He's one we should be keeping an eye out for in the near future. If they just designed him, then figure some time next year.
Old March 16th, 2007, 02:04 AM

bee is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Wow this figure could almost be the Heavy Tackle for the Iron Wolves!
It's totally Mifune in his APU from the Matrix!
Old March 16th, 2007, 04:06 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I remember some guys saying this before...great eye fellas and great find to Annerios.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:43 PM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation
Thanks HEAVY METAL... Nice FIND. lol... nice avitar too...

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
The sketch is copyrighted Hasbro 2007. Just wildly guessing that if it were Carr it would have an earlier copyright date.
Yep, it is more likely a future unique hero concept. Of course, that does not mean it was accepted.

I like the look of it. It addresses one of the storyline concerns with HS: wouldn't some of these great warriors summoned to Valhalla experiment or trade up to better available weapons/equipment once they were used against them?

I agree. I think the characters evolving would be a good thing. Mixing the genres is a cool concept to me and I’m guessing Craig too….hence the whole theme of heroscape.

Quote:

I think it’s pretty wicked. I like thinking about the possibilities you could do with that if done well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Perhaps they are gonna re-release Carr the same way they are doing for Drake and Raelin. He looks to have bits and pieces from different eras on his body. Samurai armor, Camo pants, boots, flint-lock pistol. Maybe he wears the bits from enemies he has killed.
Not a bad idea. I didn’t see him on the new master set box so if that were the case, it could be end of the year before we ever see him….if he actually comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Dragon is familiar... I think its been on ebay a few times as a custom dragon figure.... painted blue I believe.

Nope, it’s a different dragon and I know because I have one of the blue Mimrings, it’s my frost dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon)
very cool, but if he is a freelancer , how did he work after craig finished a charakter status. he create a figure . or he creat a asrech and craig makes a status.. or a real wokship craig said what a kind he want and then comes all this strech and status staff one by one.

sad that his page is so small about (he could show all that stuff that are out now)

i wished the creators would make a movie of their work , for the fans not with secret stuff. craige gives two intervies one here and ones scott. and if you catch him on gencon.

he must fear the fans we are not like"season one was badder then season too","why did you kill shanon", "are you guys out of ideas?"
we buy that stuff and after taht we say wow that was good but this army was poor we wait for the next wave . and not boycoott a produck becase dünd is poor.
A behind the scenes DVD of the inner workings of the Heroscape product. Showing the process of how a figure goes from a brainstorming session to an actual character and how it’s playtested….who the hell would want to watch that crap? (raises hand)

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old March 19th, 2007, 10:31 PM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Hey I just had to say the 5ive is a great idea. I just don't have the time to search the boards anymore.....having a way to see which threads seem to be drawing the most attention is a great idea. Way to go Truth.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old March 21st, 2007, 09:08 PM

Ceibean has disabled reputation
Heroscape sculptors

Not surprised to find Bob Naismith identified - Eldgrim looked familiar.
I'm convinced that a good portion of the other sets are the work of Mark Copplestone who I'm sure was a stable-mate of Mr Naismith and Nick Lund during the golden days of Grenadier miniatures.
For those of you in doubt, compare the Romans, Macedonians, Cowboys and particularly the Krav Maga and Nakita agents to his old work.
Essentially MC turned out piles of Wood Elves and High Elves ( later Conanesque barbarians and Medievals) while BN and NL concentrated on Dwarfs and Orcs. It was a long time ago but that's how I remember it at least!
Grenadier produced fantastic sets of figures with a real 'house' style which frankly, puts their more illustrious competitors in the shade - check them out - also, if you want some original casts steeped in personality try MC's later ranges of Future punks, police, army squads etc - ideal for skirmish - paint up beautifully.

Kevin
Old March 21st, 2007, 11:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Ceibean!

On behalf of our intricately knowledgeable and well sculpted community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the acclaim, friendship and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, unsophisticated in the ways of sculptors

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:38 AM

Adam has disabled reputation
doesn't anyone think that the first sketch looks like an ashigaru but me? i mean seriously, they had guns when ashigaru became part of the military, so why not? And Japanese peeps usualy cut their hair into a topknot, so the hair matches, the weaponry and armour match, the only thing I can't tell if matches would be his eyes. Those look like glasses, which are a big no no for old Japan. This is most definately a prototype, and if it is accepted, we probably will see it later on into the waves. Maybe around 11 or so.

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
doesn't anyone think that the first sketch looks like an ashigaru but me? i mean seriously, they had guns when ashigaru became part of the military, so why not? And Japanese peeps usualy cut their hair into a topknot, so the hair matches, the weaponry and armour match, the only thing I can't tell if matches would be his eyes. Those look like glasses, which are a big no no for old Japan. This is most definately a prototype, and if it is accepted, we probably will see it later on into the waves. Maybe around 11 or so.
Yes, I think you are the only one who thinks that looks like an ashigaru.

Old May 10th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Update:

References regarding Heroscape have mysteriously vanished from the Naismith site.

The cool hybrid HS warrior image is gone.

There are a couple of new sketches up without any reference to a company and generic names that look interesting.

Very Vydar-Kyrie looking.

Very dynamic pose. Although it looks more like something out of Mutant Chronicles than HS.

They may not be HS related, but they are interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News