Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 17th, 2009, 11:18 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Denrick (for all that huge power)
x3 KOW 310
x2 4th MA 450
Brave Arrow/MBS 50 (First Strike)
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:26 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Nilfheim for the Gruts
Sujoah for Q10
Spiders x2 for Predator Bonding
Tarns to help with the Gruts
500/15

Dwarfs x5 350
Migol 110
Eldriim 30
Isamu 10

500/23

Sujoah will go quick against the dwarfs being a 4/4 wasp against 4/4 squads. The spiders will also be quick work and Nilf wont last long against 4 attacks of 4 per turn.

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Kato
x3 Yari and Harquebus

Drop a yari. Dwarves dont get their attack and defense bonus, hounds get swarmed, Isamu is encircled or WTFed.
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:34 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

I'd take the 20 dwarfs and a hero against 24 Yari/Harq anyday.

3/3 units with 5 attacks will eat through 2/1 units with 8 attacks real fast.

*Edit (I'll just put my response here instead of re-posting)

That big attack of 6 is hard to pull off and I'd welcome it anyways (1 dwarf or even migol can take those kinda hits) just plays into the overall strategy. As far as 4 attacks of 3 and 4 attacks of 4. That's relying on highground on every single one of those attacks.

I wouldn't let you get them, and lets face it. anyone who has ever fielded those units knows your more then likely going to be fighting mostly around your own spawn zone. Especially since the dwarfs can knock through 1 def pretty easy.

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.

Last edited by Worseley; July 17th, 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM

Dont forget the attack of six and possibly 4 attacks of 3 and 4 attacks of 4. The Ashigaru have a lot of potential. In the hands of a skilled player, they can be downright nasty.
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:35 AM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

This is DW8k time to shine. As long as you don't get a DW roll, he should do well against 1 def with rapid fire. Paired up with speedy assassins, he could do well.

DW8k 130
Tornak 100
Ornak 100
Nerak 50 (Or x2 Swogs)
x3 Blades 120

Blades and Tornak charge in and pick apart yaris trying to encircle on the way, then DW8k and Nerak move up for range and def support. Try to keep the army close together because your opponent will probably be staying in the start zone anyway. Great bonding and speed in this army.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old July 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Leave the Swogs out. They dont bond with blades.

Zelrig 185 (To bomb the living daylights out of their cluster.)
x3 10th Reg 410 (Range and bulk of the army)
x1 Repulsors 450 (Taking care of DW8K)
Tarns (Coolness factor)
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Leave the Swogs out. They dont bond with blades.

Zelrig 185 (To bomb the living daylights out of their cluster.)
x3 10th Reg 410 (Range and bulk of the army)
x1 Repulsors 450 (Taking care of DW8K)
Tarns (Coolness factor)
Cyprien to Chilling Touch Zelrig
Sonya to help Cyprien
KMA+Laglor+Raelin I for the 10th and Repulsors-nothing quite like watching 3 figs gun through 15
Isamu to single-handedly slice through the Tarns (Coolness factor )
495/8

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

Cyprien to Chilling Touch Zelrig
Sonya to help Cyprien
KMA+Laglor+Raelin I for the 10th and Repulsors-nothing quite like watching 3 figs gun through 15
Isamu to single-handedly slice through the Tarns (Coolness factor )
495/8
Gladiatrons x3 (Lock down Cyprien)
Theracus (To carry a Gladiatron next to Cyprien)
Braxas (To kill everything)
Marcu (Just incase)
</IMG></IMG>

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Zelrig (185)
Q10 (150)
Atlaga (90)
Zetacron (60)
Isamu (10)

495/8

Gladitrons bane is special attacks (no extra def)

Zelrig would make quick work of the Gladitrons, Q10 would be a decent alternate to ping gladitrons that weren't bunched up and to get some shots on braxas to bring him forward.

Atlaga would move up when braxas goes on the attack, if his bolt fails he would still make a great unit to keep the gladitrons down after the Theracus card isn't an option.

Keep the army separated as much as possible to help keep braxas's threat down. Might even be a decent job for Atlaga to keep him pinned out of range while zetacron or zelrig outrange him.

Braxis would go down either from Q10, if he fails move on down the heavy hitters, he wont last long unless his d20 rolls are insane. It would still be a good match but go entirely on how braxas goes in the game.

Last edited by Worseley; July 19th, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Jotun 225
Nilfhiem 410
Crixus 500

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worseley View Post
Zelrig (185)
Q10 (150)
Atlaga (90)
Zetacron (60)
Isamu (10)

495/8

Gladitrons bane is special attacks (no extra def)

Zelrig would make quick work of the Gladitrons, Q10 would be a decent alternate to ping gladitrons that weren't bunched up and to get some shots on braxas to bring him forward.

Atlaga would move up when braxas goes on the attack, if his bolt fails he would still make a great unit to keep the gladitrons down after the Theracus card isn't an option.

Keep the army separated as much as possible to help keep braxas's threat down. Might even be a decent job for Atlaga to keep him pinned out of range while zetacron or zelrig outrange him.

Braxis would go down either from Q10, if he fails move on down the heavy hitters, he wont last long unless his d20 rolls are insane. It would still be a good match but go entirely on how braxas goes in the game.
Ashigaru Yari x2
Ashigaru Harquebus x2
Kato katsuro
Kozuke Samurai

The Ashigaru army spreads out over 2 turns, making zelrig near useless. then the Kozuke proceed to kill Q10. The rest of your army doesnt stand a chance against eight attacks a turn.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion