Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 27th, 2020, 02:48 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Yeah, we've been talking about it only changing the species and not doing anything to any special powers. Lots of units won't care about a species change at all, while other units will have varying degrees of difficulties. Which is why we were toying with the idea of having a delayed trigger effect that may or may not ever happen during the game. Not sure if it will be worth drafting and casting or not with out knowing if it will even trigger at all. So maybe it should just be a delayed trigger that eventually goes off at some point. Then it's a race to try and press your advantage before the species synergy gets shut down.
Old April 27th, 2020, 05:31 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You know Prof. X is only a 220 point unit, that can activate any 1 UH, and has one of the best X reveal powers in the game right? Jubilee losing her bonding would be a big blow to mutant synergy, but she's just 60 points and might be dead by the time the spell finally goes off anyway. Cyclopes II is the one most negatively impacted, but only once the spell triggers, which might not even happen.
Just going off the Event Hero Thanos comparison. He's 1200, so it came at a discount.

What do you think is the proper value for wiping out an opposing army's special powers for the game?

I suppose it depends on the specifics a bit, but negating many figures for a low opportunity cost should not come cheaply.
Thanos literally kills half the board, has access to some of the most powerful glyphs in the game, a beefy statline and a power that gives him effectively more than 16 Life. Not the same.

I admit, the spell could be super juiced, but if you can only reliably cast it on, maybe, around Round 5, then it's not absolutely crippling, whether it's negation or species change (I'd prefer negation, personally) - you have plenty of time to fight to full effect before it triggers, and can still hobble along to try to close it out even when it's crippled you - it's far from impossible if you make it trigger late enough. There have been plenty of times Thanos has Snapped for me, devastated the opposing army, but still been beaten down enough before hand that the last guy standing has been able to close out the victory.
Admittedly, still going to be the strongest spell in our arsenal so far most likely, but then it feels like it kinda should be? I mean if you had to pay 200 for this and it felt fittingly devastating I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't want to downplay its effect for balance purposes though - if it's thematically cataclysmic, it should be mechanically cataclysmic, and balanced accordingly, right down to making it harder to do.
Should this just end up going on another version of Scarlet Witch, though?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 27th, 2020, 05:42 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I made a new public workshop since I moved my old one back in the sanctum when I returned. Link is here
Old April 27th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, we've been talking about it only changing the species and not doing anything to any special powers. Lots of units won't care about a species change at all, while other units will have varying degrees of difficulties. Which is why we were toying with the idea of having a delayed trigger effect that may or may not ever happen during the game. Not sure if it will be worth drafting and casting or not with out knowing if it will even trigger at all. So maybe it should just be a delayed trigger that eventually goes off at some point. Then it's a race to try and press your advantage before the species synergy gets shut down.
The species change version is tame enough that I'd almost say make it automatic so it's easier to cost (and draft). It's such a specific counterdraft that it'll struggle to have predictable usefulness even if it reliably works.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 27th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Huh, OK, actually I think it should be restricted to opponent's figures or something, because right now I think the best (unthematic) use of it could probably be to just try to give yourself Human synergies for a round with some non-human figures. Can't recall what all the Human synergies we have are off the top of my head, but I know there are some OK ones with plenty more that have been discussed over time.

I'm not sure it'll hit the right theme for the best play to be to use it on your own figures as an advantage.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 28th, 2020, 10:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is my take on this Decimation Spell. The definition is literally the killing or the destruction of a large proportion of a group of species. Why not have a counter that changes every game to match the proportion of the game? Count the total number of Unique Heroes on the board (rounded down) and cut that in half to get the amount of counters for the spell. That way the spell is guaranteed to go off mid battle (only taking half the fun away). You know it's coming, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE / CRIME FIGHTER?
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 230

UTILITY PACK 3
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to three Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Night Thrasher can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. Night Thrasher cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed.

BATTLE STAVES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

ACROBATIC MASTERY
Night Thrasher never takes falling damage and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. After rolling attack dice for a normal attack or after rolling defense dice, for each shield rolled you may immediately move Night Thrasher one space up to 6 levels up or down. When Night Thrasher rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage.

He is just a mix of Batman and Nightwing, but it fits so well. I really like the idea of this character.
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool take! Here was mine.

Quote:
NAME = NIGHT THRASHER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ESCRIMA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non-adjacent figure targets Night Thrasher for an attack and rolls 2 or fewer skulls, you may ignore that attack.
I really do like the idea of him being able to tap into the Utility Glyphs, it feels very natural for him as a character.

The idea we had for the New Warriors was that they'd be Reckless and Dedicated, with Night Thrasher giving a boost to the Reckless ones and Justice/Marvel Boy boosting the Dedicated ones.
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:40 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Cool take! Here was mine.

Quote:
NAME = NIGHT THRASHER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ESCRIMA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non-adjacent figure targets Night Thrasher for an attack and rolls 2 or fewer skulls, you may ignore that attack.
I really do like the idea of him being able to tap into the Utility Glyphs, it feels very natural for him as a character.

The idea we had for the New Warriors was that they'd be Reckless and Dedicated, with Night Thrasher giving a boost to the Reckless ones and Justice/Marvel Boy boosting the Dedicated ones.
Nice, I like it a lot. The Bulletproof Suit is pretty great. I really like the Utility Pack too!! He always has something up his sleeve.
Old April 29th, 2020, 12:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome mini that really needs an LD.
Old April 29th, 2020, 01:01 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If Jekyll likes the New Warriors power and is interested to LD with it, I'd drop everything to do Nova in the public as soon as I could, giving us another Reckless Crime Fighter to test with.
Old April 29th, 2020, 02:08 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
If Jekyll likes the New Warriors power and is interested to LD with it, I'd drop everything to do Nova in the public as soon as I could, giving us another Reckless Crime Fighter to test with.
I'm down to clown!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy