Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 24th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
Quick question for you, Truth:

Assuming you have examples of the final production cards, can you comment on durability? A big part of Heroscape's appeal for me is that the gamepieces are nigh-invulnerable. Playing cards, of course, are a different kettle of fish.
Can you (gasp) shuffle 'em without card protectors, play a buncha games, and have them hold up, more or less?

Of course, there's an inner voice advising me to fastidiously stuff each card into its own protector and never breathe on them, because someday a 1st edition of the first Plaid Hat game will be worth a mint...
I have had my copy for a couple of months now. We play a few times a week, and I haven't had any trouble with things wearing out. I play without protectors of any kind, and of course any cards stop looking brand new after awhile without protectors, but theses still look good. The paper is a similar make up to the giant paper mats Days of Wonder came out with for Memoir 44. So far so good on those. I plan on trying to offer a premium board eventually, for those getting a lot of use out of it, but so far the mat has held up fine, it is really sturdy paper.
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
Of course, there's an inner voice advising me to fastidiously stuff each card into its own protector and never breathe on them, because someday a 1st edition of the first Plaid Hat game will be worth a mint...
Simple solution, buy an extra copy

Seriously, when I played with the game at GC everything seemed pretty durable. While card sleeves will help any game, each game of Summoner Wars only lasts until you run out your deck, so there is only the shuffle at he beginning of the game (and maybe one or two others from event cards played). It isn't like dominion where you are going to be shuffling your cards 50+ time for every game you play.
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

The best way to shuffle without bending your cards is to sort your decks into three or four random piles, stack them back up, then randomly sort them again.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Marro Luvur Woo who?

Just a question truth:

Wondering how you plan on doing boosters, how mant cards in each, how often will new ones come out in general?

Old October 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Luvur View Post
Just a question truth:

Wondering how you plan on doing boosters, how many cards in each, how often will new ones come out in general?

The frequency of releases will be dependent on how quickly stuff is selling. There will be two types of boosters: New Faction Decks and Reinforcement Packs.

Example of a Faction Deck: All New Faction - Vanguards - Includes 1 Summoner, 1 Reference Card for that Summoner, 3 Wall Cards, 9 event cards, 3 Champions and 17 Commons (of 3 different types).

Example of a Reinforcement Pack: 3 Phoenix Elf Champions, 5 copies of a Phoenix Elf Common, 5 copies of another Phoenix Elf Common, 1 Tundra Orc Champion, 5 copies of a Tundra Orc common, 4 copies of another Tundra Orc common, 3 copies of yet another Tundra Orc Common, 1 Mercenary Champion and 5 copies of a Mercenary Common.

Each wave of releases will consist of 2 new Faction Decks and 2 new Reinforcement Packs.

I don't know what the cost on these will be yet, but I suspect they'll be around 8-10 bucks a pack.
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When will Summoner Wars be available to order from online stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You can pre-order here (plaidhatgames). Truth has said they would be availble from other on-line stores also -- don't know the timing.

Plus if you order from Plaid Hat Games, you get this promo card (the big cheese plague rat):
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:59 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
You can pre-order here (plaidhatgames). Truth has said they would be availble from other on-line stores also -- don't know the timing.
Thanks but I'm trying to put together a Wave 10 order and I'd like to include Summoner Wars to get free shipping.

Quote:
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks but I'm trying to put together a Wave 10 order and I'd like to include Summoner Wars to get free shipping.
Guess you could e-mail the on-line retailers and ask if they will be carrying Summoner Wars and let them know you want to order it.
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Beautiful Colby

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would talk to the store that you have in mind and ask them if they plan on carrying Summoner Wars. This may help them: My company code is PLD, the product codes are SW001-PETO and SW001-GDCG.
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Pre-order placed for dwarves and goblins.

Nice little Christmas present for my boys. Thanks Truth and good luck on the game. I hope it and your company does really well.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would talk to the store that you have in mind and ask them if they plan on carrying Summoner Wars. This may help them: My company code is PLD, the product codes are SW001-PETO and SW001-GDCG.
Awesome! Thank you!

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games