Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Newb, I agree that tiles would be cool, and would add to the 'suspense' of the game. However, as I was brainstorming this idea, I came across this game in production: LINK. A zombie game with a map tile laying mechanic. Needless to say, I'd look much the imitator should my game have the same mechanic. Heh... especially since my artwork looks somewhat similiar.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I think that the layout looks amazing so far!

So, what significance do the litle squares and trinangle have in the game? Or can you not tell us yet?
Old October 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Have you thought about a HeroQuest Multi-use Board angle instead of the Warhammer Quest Tile-laying angle? Running through an unknown mansion followed by zombies not knowing where all the doors are and/or if they're locked or not could create a very apprehensive enviroment. Plus, like HeroQuest makes the map making much easier. Then having overlay tiles for special rooms such as the laboratory, torture room, etc. are the obvious addition ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Square=Rough Terrain
Triangle=Comfy Chair.

Newb.
Old October 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
H3x, so you're making a PnP Zombie game? Oh man, it looks good so far! I'd be more than willing to try it out when it's ready.
The trial room looks great.
Old October 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav
So, what significance do the litle squares and trinangle have in the game? Or can you not tell us yet?
The icons (which need a little more work) represent game board constants. Meaning regardless of the scenario, that square will always be: triangle = elevated, circle = searchable, square = elevated & searchable, X = impassable. The board is going to work with a coordinate system. So for scenario 1, square D-11 might have an effect, where as in scenario 2, the square would be safe. Also, the player controlling the zombie side of things will be able to designate certain squares at the beginning of the game to have different effects. So this will help add to the replayability of the game, as well as the suspense for the human players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Then having overlay tiles for special rooms such as the laboratory, torture room, etc. are the obvious addition ...
While I'm not familiar with the HeroQuest game (blasphemy, I know), I see what you're saying. I was actually considering something similiar to this for an expansion set of sorts. Being a summer camp, the interior of the cabins on the main board would not be visible until players found keys to open the individual cabins up. Than, the interior tile would be laid onto the map to reveal the interior. Early brainstorming, and I shouldn't get ahead of myself considering I still need to organize the rules! Heh... but once I have the base rules established, I'll be able to play around more with future possibilities.

Old October 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Resident Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
H3x, so you're making a PnP Zombie game? Oh man, it looks good so far! I'd be more than willing to try it out when it's ready.
The trial room looks great.
Yeah. I'm basing the core rules on the game I mentioned earlier, "Zombie Plague". I do really like that game, but after a while, I found myself wanting more. The creators of the game stated in their rules that they are more than fine with tweaks and game adjustments so long as you give respect where respect is due. And I'm not planning on trying to get the game published.

Then I saw games with other elements I liked that I thought would work well, and then I came up with other mechanics I thought would be fun... and then it just became a jumbled mess in a note book... heh... However, I do know how I want the game to be played, how the different components work, etc. I just need to organize all my notes and set aside some time to write and refine the rules. I will keep you in mind once I get close to a playtesting type phase. However, this won't be for a while yet.

Old October 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
I would love to help playtest when you get everything in order.
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*raises hand for playtesting consideration.

Newb.
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Resident Artist

When I get to that point, I'll definitely keep you all in mind. However, I'll need some folks to look over the rules when I get them written to be sure they read well, or if there is anything obvious missing from them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games