Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: Who Will Win?
chas 4 66.67%
Sherman Davies 1 16.67%
Taeblewalker 0 0%
kolakoski 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 24th, 2014, 03:40 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
The Infinity Gauntlet - Who Will Win?

Well met!

The armies for
The Infinity Gauntlet have been submitted to, and approved by, Game Master chas, for April 9th's game. While we do not know the exact composition of chas' army, we do know the following:

The Game Master will play Thanos (C3G) and his army (only Evil characters). He begins with the Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet. Should he lose the Gauntlet by damage or defeat, other Unique or Common Heroes may equip and use it. The six Soul Gem glyphs are scattered around the board. Once the Gauntlet absorbs them, they are kept with it permanently.

The Thanos player will use two identical sets of Order Markers for his single army, and activate two Army Cards with the same number Order Marker at the same time, in the turn order as assigned to him each turn after initiative rolls.

Taeblewalker's team (all C3G) is as follows:

Sherman Davies' army (all his own customs) is as follows:

plus 3 squads of

My army is as follows:

Old March 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Infinity Gauntlet - Who Will Win?

I'm torn between Taeblewalker and Sherman. Sherman is playing with cards he is intimately familiar with (they are his own labors of love), and TW is playing with the only General-type figure that I have spotted. I think chas has handicapped himself by not having the gems with the gauntlet to start, but I'm interested to hear if that's true. Kolakoski's army is the wild card because they look balanced, but I'm not as certain as with C3G and Sherm's cards that they are. I'm very interested to see a battle report when you all finish!!!

EDIT: I finally settled on chas. He has the luxury of building to counter announced armies and building his strategy around that.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

chas will also be able to coordinate both halves of his team better than two separate minds would, and he'll never have to worry about his two halves not getting to activate in sequence.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 25th, 2014, 01:36 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I finally settled on chas. He has the luxury of building to counter announced armies and building his strategy around that. ~
Spidey'tilIDie

chas had already built his army when we submitted ours.
Extra Attack and Defense for Avengers Assemble (5 units) should help, but my Heroes are generally out-statted by everyone elses', mitigated by Nick Fury's Covert Leader Special Power, enabling me to activate 2 units per turn. If I am lucky, Black Widow will begin the game with 2 rounds of invulnerablity, and shove Thanos off whatever height he's on with Espionage. But my real Ace in the Hole is the Loki/Brainiac/Joker combo, with Loki providing 2 X OMs (without limitations), one X on Brainiac providing +8 Initiative, and one X on Joker who, when winning Initiative, rearranges 2 OMs of each opponents' armies. Joker's Reorganized Chaos is a passive Special Power, requiring no numbered OMs for activation. [I don't know what the odds are for winning Initiative against 3 other players, when I have +8 Initiative, . . . ]

Last edited by kolakoski; March 25th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old March 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

But you also need to protect your opponent's Batman as his destruction will negate all of Joker's powers.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Good point, Spidey! If the players had coordinated their teams, K. could have asked them not to play a Batman. But we don't usually plan together unless its a game with specific assigned partners. Of course, I didn't say they couldn't work as a group.

At least Thanos isn't reading this. Wait...
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:20 AM

Well met!

I guess this means Taeblewalker and I will be allied, at least for awhile . . .
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I voted for myself, but I think anyone can win it. Of course, if Thanos does win, you may have to face him once again; but this time he'll have the Gauntlet with all the Gems...
Old April 9th, 2014, 05:50 AM

ATTENTION ALL STRIKE TEAMS! THE FOLLOWING DATA HAS BEEN RECEIVED REGARDING THE FORCE THANOS HAS ASSEMBLED TO HELP HIM FIND THE INFINITY GEMS.

HE MUST BE STOPPED. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!

Thanos (C3G) 500 Points
Permanent Death Special Attack
Spurned By Death
*Glyph of Infinity Gauntlet

Professor Zoom (C3G) 250 Points
Superspeed
Negagive Speed Force Special Attack
Speed Dodge 4

Parasite (C3G) 240 Points
Parasitic Life Drain
Hunger Pains

Green Goblin (C3G) 230 Points
Pumpkin Bomb Special Attack
Goblin Glider

Crimson Dynamo (Matt Helm/A3N) 230 Points
Electrical Blast Special Attack
Flying

Mystique (C3G) 165 Points
Incognito
Engagement Strike 13
Disengage

Space Phantom (Drewman Chu) 160 Points
Shapeshift

A.I.M. Medics (Squad of 3) (Grey Owl) 100 Points
Medical Treatment
Emergency Rush
NBC Suit

Pied Piper (C3G) 80 Points
Sonic Flute Special Attack
Sonic Mind Control

Rat Swarm (Common Hero x4) (C3G) 10 Points Each (40 Points)
Swarm Movement
Scale
Plague 16

Last edited by chas; April 9th, 2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old April 10th, 2014, 06:43 AM

"THANKS FOR THE MEMORY!"

The New York City Gang of Four will be posting their photos, battle reports, and other thoughts here soon. You can see most of the cards used in our epic twelve turn game here, and we can use them for reference. The game was unique in many ways, and so I've spent more time than usual setting down the scenario and making it available. Its the first game we ever played that:

1. Allowed Super Scape cards from many different designers

2. Allowed that plus mixing Classic/VC cards

3. Used C3G's Thanos plus their Glyphs of Infinity Gauntlet and the six Infinity Gems, as first presented during last year's gigantic Twelve Days of Christmas roll out.

4. Employed my modified Structured Point System to allow only so many characters of the various point levels

5. Modified several types of original Heroscape terrain

6. Used a semi-cooperative format

7. Fought itself out on our large size battle board of 32 x 23 spaces with six various terrain zones plus clear start areas and a raised central Thanos start zone.

Bob Hope's old theme song "Thanks For The Memory" was used first in a movie with Lucille Ball. Just a couple of days ago, I saw them together again in an old TV episode of I Love Lucy, with Bob Hope playing himself to a star struck housewife 'Lucy.' Hope was having so much fun with his old pal that he couldn't help breaking character and cracking up now and then. And that's the kind of fun I have with my regular Heroscape buddies!

The game was played on April 9, 2014. I'm already starting to think about a sequel game for us. If you want to try TIG for yourself or just check it out, all the details are listed nearby in Marvelscape/Maps and Scenarios. Let's start out here with my "new" scenario introduction:

6. THE INFINITY GAUNTLET: GAME INTRO

“And so it begins. Oh death, where is thy sting?”
--The Mad Titan Thanos

In a secret sector of the Galaxy where he has built his fortress base, Thanos assembles his legion of minions. On the huge multi screen viewer before him appear six varied out flung worlds, each of which, he has recently discovered, harbor an Infinity Gem. There is an icy polar planet, a desert surface with the remains of an unknown ancient city, a watered overgrown swamp, a deep pine forest, a volcanic vista, and a ruined castle tower left over from some forgotten war.

The mad god raises his arm, clad now with the Infinity Gauntlet, which he hopes will make him Master of All. In the gray hall of his palace, he looks down at the mysterious recesses inset around its surfaces. Each can hold a gem and make it one with its wearer’s will. If only he can find the mystic jewels! The diverse metallic holders, like incomplete pieces of a three dimensional jigsaw puzzle, glitter in the moonlight shining down through the ceiling.

He has plotted the best way to disperse his forces to find and seize the gems. Now, at the final hour, he calls to his council table his perverted and corrupt super powered host; weird beings both human and alien, waiting to be unleashed on the unsuspecting races of the galaxy. They are unique heroes, common heroes, and squad members. From low beast to talented human to rapacious super criminal, they listen to his instructions and prepare to deploy. “Any interlopers who may have heard of your master’s quest and plan to thwart it for either noble motives or to seize the powers of the gems for their own selfish ends must be utterly crushed! Now go! The time for victory has come! ”

They bow and leave him. Thanos has chosen his elite force carefully. As he watches them move to their various tasks, he smiles. Let the games begin indeed!

Chas
Here In Brooklyn, NYC

Last edited by chas; April 11th, 2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old April 11th, 2014, 12:56 PM

Well met!

All went as planned - until after round 10 . . .

[I have posted the pics to the Gallery.]

A notable moment:

The Death of Superman

Last edited by kolakoski; April 11th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old April 11th, 2014, 03:19 PM

K: Its funny this is the photo you posted, since when I talked to our pal Tag about how the game played, his first amazed comment was: "SUPERMAN GOT KILLED?" In a four player game with a giant board and over 40 cards, anything can happen--as we found out.

Last edited by chas; April 11th, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations