Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:06 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Strategy Review: Index (includes Marvel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatagary View Post
Thank you, Firemaster. I think that this index would also be a good place to keep the queue of suggested articles, and to take suggestions for future ones. I know that Fezzikthedoor is enthusiastic about doing all of the units in this way, but I personally would prefer to focus on just the units that are underused. A suggestions list would help to get an idea of which units the community thinks need more focus on.

8/07/07 Queue

1. Zettian Guards
2. Morsbane
3. Khosumet
4. Sacred Band
5. Valguard
6. Gladiators (Spartacus, Crixus, Retiarius)
7. Finn the Viking Champion
8. Dzu-Teh
9. Einar Imperium
10. Empress Kiova

Unit Pool:
Acolarh
Brunak
Dumutef Guard
Obsidian Guards
Omnicron Snipers
Roman Archers
Shaolin Monks
Sir Denrick
Tarn Viking Warriors
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
how about a review on syvarris or the nagrubs.
Hmmm. We haven't done Syvarris yet? That's worth a shot. As for the Nagrubs, I think we covered them with Tor-Kul-Na and Su-Bak-Na. Maybe they deserve their own.

Old May 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Hey guys, you will be seeing a strategy article made for the Gorillanators soon, within two-three weeks I hope, brought to you by yours truly!

MegaSilver
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

One thing I would like to see is reviews for the 10th foot, 4th mass, Marcus Decimus, and the Roman Legionarries.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:14 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

10th Reg strategy: Use them. You'll win.

On another note, from a post above I see the unit pool seemes to still include some units that are already done such as Sir Denrick, the Obsidians and Acolarh.

In any case, I will finally get the ball rolling on Venom and the Hanging Tree (very long over-due contest requests). As for the 10th and the 4th, those would be cool to do.

Old May 24th, 2009, 03:37 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

I thik that z review on the MacDirk's would be great as i have never had any success with them at all. It may just be that i dont have any of the good human champs
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Platapus View Post
I thik that z review on the MacDirk's would be great as i have never had any success with them at all. It may just be that i dont have any of the good human champs
I have had some real success using them with Sir Hawthorne as the bonded champion. The problem with Alastair is the same problem faced by both Braxas and Krug - Defense 3 gives them a glass jaw. Sir Gilbert might be a good choice; even Sir Denrick.

If you want to keep the bonded champion out of harm's way, try using Eldgrim for Highland Fury - overextend him twice in the start zone behind a ruin, and your MacDirks will be Attack 4 the whole game. This also lets you afford more MacDirks. You can still take someone like Finn out on the field with them, boosting their attack (Thorgrim can work instead for the same points). Best of all, the combo of either Finn or Thorgrim plus Eldgrim makes the same 110 points as Alastair by his lonesome.

Assuming you have gotten their Attack up to about 4, try using them to swarm huge units, so when they take something out (while inevitably taking losses themselves), it's worth it. You don't want to go tit for tat with these guys against the Marro Drones or even the 4th Mass (points would be in your opponent's favor). The best thing about using them against a lone huge figure is that the figure will likely get limited attacks in retaliation, as long as you spread them out (Nilfheim and Braxas being the biggest execptions). As long as you don't put the attacking MacDirks next to each other, they won't be clumped for Majestic Fires, though you can bet the lone MacDirk on the receiving end of that power is toast! Same with Wild Swing - don't let Jotun have adjacent targets! These huge figures are large enough for you to spread your MacDirks around them.

If you can get the drop on Templar Cavalry or Grok Riders, their high cost makes it worth using the MacDirks to go after them. Nakita Agents not so, due to their Engagement Strike power. The Einar Imperium are a tricky case; they get two attacks, but they are worth almost twice the points. You might consider sending one MacDirk at a time against an Imperium, hoping that your boosted attack of at least 4 will take out the Kyrie before his attacks become an issue. Likewise, stay away from Arkmer. As for medium heroes, the more costly the hero, the better; but don't use more than one at a time against SotM Raelin or Master Win Chiu Woo (or the Shaolin Monks for that matter), to avoid giving them more than one target to kill in one round. Send one MacDirk at a time against these heroes, and you can come out ahead or at least even. Use the opportunity to send your MacDirks against multiple targets this round.

Well, those are my thoughts off the top of my head, as it were. Be sure to use the right units in combo (SotM Raelin might be a really good unit to use here, though you must spend a lot of points on her). Have some shooters like the 10th Regiment of Foot to back them up, or perhaps some advance swarmers like the Deathreavers to tie up enemy shooters while the MacDirks run after your opponent's heroes and cavalry. You probably won't be able to afford both a good array of shooters to back them up AND advance swarmers, while still having a fair number of 80-point squads of MacDirks, unless the army point cost is high.

Maybe we'll actually write the guide some day, but this is a just a rough idea that might offer you some insight.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; May 25th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

Wow!! Thanks TableWalker! i'll see if in one of my next few games i can borrow my friends denrik, but i think the main factor i haven't had much success was i only have 1 squad of them =(, maybe i'll get luckey and my friend will get some so i can combine them. Well i'll will definatly try some of this when i can get ahold of more than just one squad. Thanks alot!! =)
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Platapus View Post
Wow!! Thanks TableWalker! i'll see if in one of my next few games i can borrow my friends denrik, but i think the main factor i haven't had much success was i only have 1 squad of them =(, maybe i'll get luckey and my friend will get some so i can combine them. Well i'll will definatly try some of this when i can get ahold of more than just one squad. Thanks alot!! =)
My pleasure. Look for the official guide soon.

Old May 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Champion Woo who?

I'm always hearing about Q9. How about doing Q10? He seems pretty cool but I never hear anything about him, only Q9. After that I think some orcs would be nice. There are hardly any orcs other than grimnak.

Last edited by Champion; May 28th, 2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: sorry bad spelling
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I have created the Gorillanators' Strategy Article, and now I am waiting to hear from Taeblewalker.

Won't be long now!

MegaSilver
Old June 4th, 2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I have created the Gorillanators' Strategy Article, and now I am waiting to hear from Taeblewalker.

Won't be long now!

MegaSilver
Don't rush me! I took a quick look at it, but I need to take the time to post it on the right thread so we can review it. Give me a little time; I've been playing Scape the past few days and slacking off on my site responsibilities.

Old June 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Won't be long now!

MegaSilver
Don't rush me! I took a quick look at it, but I need to take the time to post it on the right thread so we can review it. Give me a little time; I've been playing Scape the past few days and slacking off on my site responsibilities.
No rush to you, Taeblewalker. Just letting the other Heroscapers know what is going on.

MegaSilver

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles