Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 2nd, 2024, 02:12 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Help With Wurdz

Well met!

@SkyWhale, in other wurdz, it's not feasible. Thanks!

Old February 2nd, 2024, 02:47 PM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Certainly feasibly, may just need more caveats to be balanced.
Old February 2nd, 2024, 03:33 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Certainly feasibly, may just need more caveats to be balanced.

Well met!

Went with this - for now.

BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, add 3 to his roll for Master at Arms and he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

Old February 2nd, 2024, 04:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think that's cleaner and more thematic.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 2nd, 2024, 04:18 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think that's cleaner and more thematic.
BASH AND SLASH
If Ravenwolf attacks an adjacent figure he was not adjacent to at the start of his turn, add 3 to his roll for an automatic skull in Master at Arms and he may attack that figure 1 additional time.

Added "for an automatic skull." Necessary or desirable?

Old February 2nd, 2024, 11:50 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Not necessary. You go to that well very often, and it's not necessary.

= =
Old February 6th, 2024, 10:46 AM

Well met!

Possible additional power for Captain Xue:

CAPTAIN XUE'S CONSORT
Choose a Human Unique Hero you control to be Captain Xue's Consort. If Captain Xue is adjacent to her Consort and receives one or more wounds from a normal or leaving engagement attack, you may instead place any or all of those wound markers on her Consort's Army Card, but may not place enough wound markers on her Consort's Army Card to destroy Captain Xue's Consort.

Old February 6th, 2024, 04:24 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Right, right, the Blade Dancers include that line, and so should this. Meanwhile, we don't know if any of this workshopping is even welcome. But just in case:
Parry and Strike
When rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Duelist A rolls 2 or more shields, Duelist A takes no damage and you may place Duelist A on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, and you rolled more shields than the adjacent figure rolled skulls, the attacking figure receives 1 wound. Duelist A does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Parry and Strike.
Ok. As usual, I started with a simple idea, and rational and helpful feedback from clever people has made it something complicated. That's ok! It's how it should be. Thank you, Skywhale. @Iron Clubber , is this helpful at all? Thank you for sharing your cool idea. I hope I have not mangled it too much with my feedback. Let me know if you would prefer to workshop something closer to your original idea, though I am fond of where this conversation led us.
Thanks for weighing in on this! I was workshopping a way to add duelist as a style of fencing melee unit, similar to how the Samurai use counterstrike. The D20 was my attempt to have some duelist units more proficient than others by varying the roll required but I agree with @SkyWhale that it feels cleaner this way.

The only problem I have with this train of thought is that the fencer style unit would need a fairly high defense for this to be playable. Not really the look for a "stick & move" nimble unit.
Old February 6th, 2024, 04:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd do something like this:

Quote:
PARRY AND STRIKE
If Duelist is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die to parry and strike. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, Duelist takes no damage and instead may be placed on any same level space adjacent to the attacking figure. Roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure. Duelist does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Parry and Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 6th, 2024, 05:03 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd do something like this:

Quote:
PARRY AND STRIKE
If Duelist is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die to parry and strike. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, Duelist takes no damage and instead may be placed on any same level space adjacent to the attacking figure. Roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure. Duelist does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Parry and Strike.
For my custom, El Nubarrón. Something like this may work for you:

DESTREZA DEFENSE
When El Nubarrón rolls defense dice against a normal attack, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Old February 6th, 2024, 05:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clubber View Post
Quote:
Right, right, the Blade Dancers include that line, and so should this. Meanwhile, we don't know if any of this workshopping is even welcome. But just in case:
Parry and Strike
When rolling defense dice for a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Duelist A rolls 2 or more shields, Duelist A takes no damage and you may place Duelist A on any other space adjacent to the attacking figure. If you do, and you rolled more shields than the adjacent figure rolled skulls, the attacking figure receives 1 wound. Duelist A does not take any leaving engagement attacks when using Parry and Strike.
Ok. As usual, I started with a simple idea, and rational and helpful feedback from clever people has made it something complicated. That's ok! It's how it should be. Thank you, Skywhale. @Iron Clubber , is this helpful at all? Thank you for sharing your cool idea. I hope I have not mangled it too much with my feedback. Let me know if you would prefer to workshop something closer to your original idea, though I am fond of where this conversation led us.
Thanks for weighing in on this! I was workshopping a way to add duelist as a style of fencing melee unit, similar to how the Samurai use counterstrike. The D20 was my attempt to have some duelist units more proficient than others by varying the roll required but I agree with @SkyWhale that it feels cleaner this way.

The only problem I have with this train of thought is that the fencer style unit would need a fairly high defense for this to be playable. Not really the look for a "stick & move" nimble unit.
I actually love this, because you can adjust the skill of the duelist by simply adding defense dice! That would be such a clean way to get the effect that you wanted. Anything from range 3-5. If the Izumi can be swashbucklers with 5 defense, in order to access that theme, so can your duelists. And heroes could have, for instance, 3 Defense and 4 or 5 Life.

Thanks again for sharing!

edit: And listen to Quozl, too! So many smart people in this thread.

= =
Old February 7th, 2024, 04:01 PM

Well met!

Rogue Commander could be cleaner (but see how it combines with Hand Cannon):

CAPTAIN XUE
General: Vydar
Human, Unique Hero, Rogue, Tricky, Medium 5
Life 5, Move 5, Range 7, Attack 3, Defense 3

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Captain Xue attacks, she may attack one additional time.

HAND CANNON
When Captain Xue rolls attack dice, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If Captain Xue attacks an adjacent figure, add 5 to your roll.

ROGUE COMMANDER
When a Rogue figure you control that is Captain Xue or within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When a Rogue figure you control that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue rolls attack dice, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 15 or higher, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. If a Rogue figure you control that is within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue attacks an adjacent figure, add 3 to your roll.

125 Points

Last edited by kolakoski; February 7th, 2024 at 05:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards