Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 24th, 2023, 11:11 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart
Re: Carolina Order Marker 1: NHSD Tournament

Hello, two of the Persons listed as registered on the Atomic Empire Website are me and my son. I assume it is okay for teens to play. There was not an age minimum on the announcement.

I have not played in a tournament in 12 years, and my son never has, and we both might be a little rusty, but are looking to have fun!

Stephen

14 tournaments: 30-31 record (1-3 2-2 3-1 4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)
Old October 25th, 2023, 11:04 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugville View Post
Hello, two of the Persons listed as registered on the Atomic Empire Website are me and my son. I assume it is okay for teens to play. There was not an age minimum on the announcement.

I have not played in a tournament in 12 years, and my son never has, and we both might be a little rusty, but are looking to have fun!

Stephen
Glad to have you! When my boys were still in the house we would attend organized play and tourneys for a bunch of different games including HeroScape. Always a fun time!

See you Saturday.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 25th, 2023, 01:55 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
I will bring Aeon and one other TBD map.

I have a Sujoah I can lend for the tourney.

Any hints on the meta? The restrictions are messing with my mind!
Thanks for being able to bring Aeon!
Appreciate you for being down to loan out Sujoah.
The meta is going to be interesting! I am excited to see what armies people bring. What I typically do is theory-craft a handful of viable builds, then look them all over to try to figure out which one does the best against the armies!

I like how Scape tournaments are not so much about bringing the best army as they are about brining an army that will do well against the other armies you think you may see.

I have put way too much time looking at armies for this event. I'll be happy to disclose what I think some of the best builds are after the tourney has begun, for now though, it's up to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninth Guardian View Post
This is Daniel at Atomic Empire-
I can bring the Percolator map.

Would anyone have a set of Omnicron Snipers I could borrow? I just need one squad's worth.
Thanks for being able to bring that map
Can do! I'll bring them, best of luck rolling skulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaugville View Post

Stephen
Wonderful! Scape tournaments are welcome to all ages (and abilities!), so we're thrilled that he will be there! I (as did many others) started my Heroscape tourney journey in my teen years!

Saturday is going to be lit!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old October 25th, 2023, 11:11 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Ok so in addition to Aeon I'm bringing Battlefield 23.

Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 26th, 2023, 11:13 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninth Guardian View Post
This is Daniel at Atomic Empire-
I can bring the Percolator map.

Would anyone have a set of Omnicron Snipers I could borrow? I just need one squad's worth.
I can bring a squad of Omnicron Snipers for you to use.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old October 27th, 2023, 08:49 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Ok so in addition to Aeon I'm bringing Battlefield 23.
Wonderful!
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old October 29th, 2023, 01:02 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Thanks guys, that was a blast. I had forgotten how much I missed playing Heroscape.

Edit: I ended up 3-1 with 3x Omnicron Snipers, 2x Omnicron Repulsors, and Zetacron. I had a little bit of a challenge placing all my units in the starting zones and getting them moved out without damaging my own guys with the Repulsor's anti-soulborg ability.

Last edited by Hogg; October 29th, 2023 at 01:58 PM.
Old October 29th, 2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Thanks guys, that was a blast. I had forgotten how much I missed playing Heroscape.

Edit: I ended up 3-1 with 3x Omnicron Snipers, 2x Omnicron Repulsors, and Zetacron. I had a little bit of a challenge placing all my units in the starting zones and getting them moved out without damaging my own guys with the Repulsor's anti-soulborg ability.
Yep, it was a lot of fun.

@Hogg came out of nowhere at the end... i thought I was going to be at least 4th no matter what after getting to the final four, but I got passed up! Great job!

Can't wait for the next one!

Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 30th, 2023, 05:44 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

Dang I logged in a couple of days too late!

All my 'scape is in storage because of the move from the DC Metro area and I'd love to play again soon.
Old October 30th, 2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Dang I logged in a couple of days too late!

All my 'scape is in storage because of the move from the DC Metro area and I'd love to play again soon.
Based on the turnout and the level of interest, we'll be having more events! Probably at least one more before the end of the year.

Just keep an eye out here and the FB group.

Now I'm Mythic.
Old November 2nd, 2023, 02:50 PM

JustinHaze is surprisingly tart

Man I have the itch to play again this weekend, I need to find some guys that live around Charlotte.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 06:45 PM

Just for completeness, making sure everyone knows Carolina Order Marker 2 info is up:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=63205

Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day