Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Which water tiles do you like better?
Sparkly 67 83.75%
Solid 13 16.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sparkly Water vs Normal Water

Being Scottish...price counts!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 15th, 2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: And the flat blue looks like cleaner water to me.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
I also find that mixing sparkly and opaque water tiles together on the same map is unattractive. While I vastly prefer the eye candy provided by the first edition sparkly water, opaque water tiles are all I own.
Ditto.
Old August 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I always reach for the sparkly water first, as I have more of them. I have considered treating the two types differently for house rule purposes as others have mentioned (deep vs. shallow in my case), but never really implemented it yet.
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm one of the few who voted solid. I have only one sparkly water tile, and I am to OCD to ever use it, so it always sits in the box. I guess that ROTV was the last in line during the switch over to solid tiles. It came with red and blue dice, and 1st edition rule book, but only 1 sparkly water tile.

C3G team building links.
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, that's actually pretty cool. I wonder how that slipped in there. Surround it with Concrete and it could make a cool Wellspring or Portal for something evil to spawn out of...
Old August 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplodingCheez View Post
wow, I always liked the normal ones better. Mainly cuz if you put the sparkly ones on a terrain piece, you can see through it a little.
Check out my thread for some ideas using the translucent tiles:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=29384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I find that I often find myself using sparkly for colder water or running water (ie;waterfalls, next to ice/snow, etc.), and normal water for still water or warmer water (next to swamps, as lakes).
I've seen several people mention this idea in the past, its pretty cool. Also you could have deep and shallow water spaces using the two different tiles.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:46 PM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker

I have traded all my sparkly ones for the normal ones. I always hated the sparkly one, too girly.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM

luminarygothica is surprisingly tart

I won't vote, because I don't have sparkely water to judge it by. As what Betawolf36 said, I would also use it for the Well Springs. Since I only have regular water tiles, I built a Temple/Shrine/Fountain-esque for my Well Spring. But also influenced by another person, I use the Basic as the Pre-Well Spring and the Master side as the Post-Well Spring dip. Setting it up now, but yet to play it that way. See how it goes. Want to try to use Sparkely Nail Polish as another person did a tutorial on it, just hesitant on IF I mess it up...to have my own Sparkely Water tiles.
Old August 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminarygothica View Post
I won't vote, because I don't have sparkely water to judge it by. As what Betawolf36 said, I would also use it for the Well Springs. Since I only have regular water tiles, I built a Temple/Shrine/Fountain-esque for my Well Spring. But also influenced by another person, I use the Basic as the Pre-Well Spring and the Master side as the Post-Well Spring dip. Setting it up now, but yet to play it that way. See how it goes. Want to try to use Sparkely Nail Polish as another person did a tutorial on it, just hesitant on IF I mess it up...to have my own Sparkely Water tiles.
You could probably just use nail polish remover if you don't like it. Try one, if it ruins it, I will send you a regular water to replace it. I'm curious how it turns out for you.
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

If you just can't stand your flat color water tiles and want a quick fix.....

Most hardware and art stores sell blue sparkly spray paint. Looks pretty good once you put it down. After it dries (give it a day.) go over it with High Gloss Clearcoat and you have an acceptable sparkly water tile. I included a couple of shots of my boards with custom sparkly water tiles done like this. In the second shot you can see the regular factory made tile next to the custom tile ones for comparison. Sorry, don't have any closeup shots of them besides these right now.

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM

luminarygothica is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luminarygothica View Post
You could probably just use nail polish remover if you don't like it. Try one, if it ruins it, I will send you a regular water to replace it. I'm curious how it turns out for you.
I will see what happens, luckily my wife will give me her nail polish to use.
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
I find that I often find myself using sparkly for colder water or running water (ie;waterfalls, next to ice/snow, etc.), and normal water for still water or warmer water (next to swamps, as lakes). I think sparkly looks nicer, but they both have their purposes
I do the same thing. Sparkly goes with Snow/Ice, non-sparkly goes with Swamp.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion