Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM

49ers Woo who?
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Ha that made me laugh. Sadly GenCon does cost way less than ebay. I live in Indy so I paid 35 dollars for the ticket, you can add gas if you want to get picky. And no I dont have a limp, but if I did maybe they would have felt sorry for me and busted into the next days stash.
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:03 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

So after GenCon '07 revealed everything for Wave 8, 8.5, and TJ, along with Master Woo, Skahen's Rescue is the only Scape we're getting this year, correct? No glimpses of any future releases?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong- I like the look of Skahen a lot. I'm just also excited for Wave 9.
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:11 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
So after GenCon '07 revealed everything for Wave 8, 8.5, and TJ, along with Master Woo, Skahen's Rescue is the only Scape we're getting this year, correct? No glimpses of any future releases?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong- I like the look of Skahen a lot. I'm just also excited for Wave 9.

No glimpses at anything new this year.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Too bad.

Old August 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No Scape at Gen-Con makes Scapers a very quiet place during this time.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

This has got to be the mellowest GenCon I've seen on the boards.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It sure does. Damn it. How am I supposed to get through Gen Con Friday at work with nothing to even discuss except how Scape has apparently become a red-headed stepchild?

Old August 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
This has got to be the mellowest GenCon I've seen on the boards.
Without a doubt. Didn't the board crash last year or the year before that because of Gen-Con news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
It sure does. Damn it. How am I supposed to get through Gen Con Friday at work with nothing to even discuss except how Scape has apparently become a red-headed stepchild?
Tell me about it. I just downloaded the rules for Monsterpocalypse. I'll go between reading those and drooling over all the previews that others are posting.

I'm not really into games that use measuring tapes and stuff like that but all that AT-43 stuff looks pretty enticing.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
Ah, the fun we used to have around here during Gencon and Toy Fair is gone. Truly a glimpse of what it will be like when HS is no more.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post

Tell me about it. I just downloaded the rules for Monsterpocalypse. I'll go between reading those and drooling over all the previews that others are posting.
That is what I'm doing. I'm still reading through that rulebook a bit at a time. That game is a lot more complex than I thought it would be.
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Yea, it's a pretty in depth game. Figs look really good.
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
How am I supposed to get through Gen Con Friday at work with nothing to even discuss except how Scape has apparently become a red-headed stepchild?
Ugh, it sure seems that way doesn't it? Heroscape isn't doing much of late, and yet what do I see at Target and Wal-Mart the past few days? Hasbro has found the time and resources to create Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs (I mean come on, Marvel and Star Wars have 586470 characters to represent, but IJ???), a second Obi-Wan Star Wars Transformer that turns from Obi-Wan's Starfighter into Obi-Wan "Looks Like a Piece of ****" Kenobi, and somehow redesigned Risk again?!?!? among I'm sure other ridiculous ventures. Why does Risk need 432706 different designs??? And why doesn't WotC have even a fraction of these resources?

Alright, I feel better now. Also, why hasn't Harrison Ford played a Marvel character?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News