Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 19th, 2021, 03:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Venom Workshop - Currently Developing Venomverse!

@Kid Arachnid has put some time into both Venomverse and Edge of so I'm sure he will be excited to see this and have a place to discus.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 19th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Black Panther needs some wording work - he's called Black Panther interchangeably with Venom in the power text. Other than that, cool design! He'll definitely feel dangerous once he gets up that 3 wound trigger, but he might also make a good pairing with Venom Strange's Teleport. He could maybe use something repping Vibranium? Allowing him to stay alive longer to make petter use of the unblockables would be cool.
Old April 19th, 2021, 04:51 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

My bad on the wording ; did some copy/pasting and forgot to clean it up! A defensive power could be a nice add, I'll try and think up something fitting.
Old April 19th, 2021, 05:11 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, Mania didn't get a clix - I was hoping she'd get one in the Carnage set, but they tackled Andi as Scream instead (due to easier sculpt reusability, I'd guess).

Anyway, a lot of the characters get like one moment to shine tops, and they're pretty straight "normal character but Venom-y" types. I think they'll make fun designs, but a lot of what you're doing in tackling them is trying to interpret the mix of powers/personalities.
What about a repainted/modded Magma figure for Mania?
Old April 19th, 2021, 08:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What is the story behind the Hell-Mark?
Do other characters have the Mark?
All the heroes from Circle of Four got them - something Mephisto stuck them with in exchange for bringing them back to life. They all died in their first run at taking down Blackheart.

Circle of Four is the story Spirit of Vengeance Red Hulk is from - New FF homage with Venom, X-23, Red Hulk, and the female Ghost Rider. Venom's hellmark got passed onto Andi, but I'm not sure if the other characters have had theirs addressed.

The idea was that the hellmarks gave them some demonic/hellfire powers and marked them as candidates for a throne in Hell. That whole plot was a Remender thing though, and he stopped writing for Marvel years ago. So the intended follow-through never happened, and I'm not sure if it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, Mania didn't get a clix - I was hoping she'd get one in the Carnage set, but they tackled Andi as Scream instead (due to easier sculpt reusability, I'd guess).

Anyway, a lot of the characters get like one moment to shine tops, and they're pretty straight "normal character but Venom-y" types. I think they'll make fun designs, but a lot of what you're doing in tackling them is trying to interpret the mix of powers/personalities.
What about a repainted/modded Magma figure for Mania?
Maybe? I'll take a look at my Magma to get a better idea. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old April 19th, 2021, 09:47 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

Here's Wolvie (he's really simple but it gets the points across),

VENOM
JAMES HOWLETT
SYMBIOTE
UNIQUE HERO
HUNTER
RUTHLESS
MEDIUM 4
LIFE: 6
MOVE: 7
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 4

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Figures subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by Venom with an adjacent normal attack.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Venom, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

SYMBIOTE CLAMBER
Once per turn, before, during, or after Venom's normal movement, you may place Venom on any empty space within 2 spaces of his current location that is no more than 40 levels up or down. Venom will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with this special power. If Venom is placed adjacent to an enemy figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn, that figure rolls 1 fewer die when defending against Venom's normal attack this turn.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old April 19th, 2021, 11:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Black Panther
Might be a bit tricky to pull off the unblockables, but I really like the direction here. If we were looking for a defensive power, I might consider some movement after defending? Alternatively, I could see Calculating Defense being a really interesting re-use here. Maybe something in that vein, if not that exactly.

Wolverine
7 Move + Symbiote Clamber is pretty fast. Venom (II) started out at 6 Move + Symbiote Clamber and we had to tone him down. I do really like Symbiote Clamber here though - it tracks that Logan would have Venom's "scary guy" power in common with him.

I'd actually consider cutting Adamantium Claws here and doing something that feels like more of a Wolverine/Venom mash-up for offense. I think he feels like a lot of Wolverine and just a little Venom right now.
Old June 10th, 2021, 11:02 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Here's what I've got for Venom Hulk right now. I think a Leap power is what I'd want for a 3rd power, but I don't want Super Leap since I want to avoid a bunch of attack die additon and subtraction. Any ideas?

Quote:

NAME = VENOM
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE BANNER (CROSSOVER?)

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ???
PERSONALITY = ANGRY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

SYMBIOTE RAGE 4
When Venom attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, roll 1 additional attack die for each Wound Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 4 extra dice for Symbiote Rage.

DESTRUCTIVE BLOWS
After attacking an adjacent figure with Venom and failing to wound, you may place a wound marker on Venom and attack again. You may not attack with Venom more than 3 times per turn.

SUPER STRENGTH
I also had this, but felt like it would fit better on a different Venom than this guy, if someone wants it.

Quote:
TENDRIL POWER NAME
After moving and before attacking with Venom, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces. Roll an attack die. If you roll a skull, deal 1 wound to that figure, and place the figure adjacent to Venom.
Old June 10th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe an instead of moving and attacking Leap power that ends with.rolling an unlockable attack die against all adjacent figures?
Old June 11th, 2021, 10:23 PM
Symbiotic

I like Destructive Blows - not sure it really needs the cap, I think the self-wounding would probably be enough to balance it out.

I do agree that the Tendril power isn't quite right, but I do think he needs something kind of tricksy to get a little more of that Venom theme in there. A leap would be good - maybe try to make it feel sort of 'jumpscare' aspect (Symbiote Clamber kinda does that) or give him some ability to yoink a foe along with him?
Old June 14th, 2021, 01:14 AM

Maybe something like this? He can hop with a friend or foe, either way it’s a rough landing for them. Obviously wording sucks, but it’s midnight.
Quote:
ANGRY LEAP >: (
Instead of moving and attacking normally, you may choose a figure adjacent to Venom. Move Hulk 8 spaces with the flying power. After moving, place the chosen figure adjacent to venom and roll an unblockable.
Old June 18th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Symbiotic

I think that style of thing could work. Could also make it a shorter leap and have it just replace his move? Maybe with an attack penalty like super leap to keep it from getting too crazy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy