Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old April 29th, 2014, 09:59 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Temple of the Dragon

So we finished this game tonight. It was the largest map I'd built and the first time playing a D&D scenario. I was, of course, Player 1 / the GM and the boys were playing 2&3:

Ullar: Sonlen, Syvarris, WoA x 1, Wood Woads x 3 (my custom)
Aquilla: Darrak, Migol, Rhogar, Axegrinders x 1

The good guys won, but I had a great time losing!

After reading the scenario, they wanted to keep the Egg Clutch theme instead of the "Tomb of the Esenweins." Some Onyx Vipers made great Black Wyrmling proxies. I decided to test some of my customs out.

We decided that Players 2 and 3 could have three full turns after destroying Player 1. After that, Player 1 could activate the next area (but not the swamp.) The biggest complaint was how long it took to get all their guys across the bridge!

My first army:
Anubian Wolves x 2, Khosumet, Shadow Hound (custom), Dumutef

Dumutef is great for holding the bridge... while he lasts. The Shadow Hound died before I really got to test him out, but I did determine that "The Shadow Hound" is really fun to say in the deepest voice possible.

Graveyard Army: Sonya, Marcu, Isamu, Skeletons x 2. I have no Zombies so I used the Skeletons instead. Unfortunately I left Sonya in range of Syvarris to shoot across the chasm and she died before my first turn. Without Necromancy the Skeletons were a quick pile of bones.

Stairs Army: Mindflayers x 2, Slave of the Ilithids x 2. Another custom test with the Slaves, who didn't get to do much other than absorb wounds for their Masters. (Or, Filet Mignon Masterminds, as Player 2 liked to put it.)

In the interest of time, we destroyed the door pretty quickly. It's boring to have them just hammer on it.

Eggs: I added Siiv as my filler. My first time playing him. He died pretty dramatically, but that was about it.

Swamp: Othkurik, Havechs x 2, Be-Zak-Sa, Havech Incinerators (both customs). This was the most fun part of the scenario, trying to prevent their escape. I might have done it too, had the Havechs not blown themselves up. Be-Zak-Sa and the Incinerators got some actual playtesting in, and they were fun and look great with the Eradicators. It was really close, despite my getting crushed in the early stages, and like any good 'Scape game it hinged on a few rolls of the dice.

A few rules things that came up:

Walking Wounded: Doesn't specify heroes. I said a Squad could be brought back this way, although I think they probably shouldn't.

Endgame: The way the scenario's written, Players 2 and 3 can use Walking Wounded to get Heroes into the start zone and win. I think like Lygard it should be restricted to the next turn after a hero is destroyed, and would also advocate for disabling this rule once the egg clutch has been destroyed, or something like that.

All in all, a great scenario! Thanks Sgt Hulka!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios