Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
GULP has a 100% chance of knowing when someone will die....if he's holding the gun.

Al Gore is a moron. His mind was broken after losing to Bush (arguably) and now he has only one thing to live for.

I am advocating Civil Disobedience until Wave 9 comes out. I am also advocating Civil Disobedience if my cereal sits too long and gets soggy....my point - anyone can say anything, but the speaker, not the words, are truly the context that decides whether or not someone is taken seriously or not.

McCain will live to a thousand. His mom is alive and she had class photos CARVED INTO STONE in High School with Rameses II and Moses, class of 1990 BC.

Palin will be a good VP. Here's my reasoning - who would you rather do international favors for - a grizzled old codger or a hot little number who warmed up the entire state of Alaska? NEVER underestimate the power of an attractive woman.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNBC Yesterday
Former Vice President Al Gore urged young people to engage in "civil disobedience" to stop the creation and expansion of coal energy locally and abroad.
This is a very disturbing statement by Al Gore.

By the way, the greens are fighting a new Cliffside coal-fired power plant west of Charlotte that Duke Energy is trying to build. It will replace an old plant and reduce bad emissions output by 80%. But Gore says that is still not the correct direction and supports the groups apposing it.
What???
It is not just Gore, it is Bidon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXyTRT-NZg

Not only does he want to eliminate coal in the US, but he wants to set up force China to produce coal our way, what is he going to do, invade if they don't comply.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:04 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'll tell you what, I know I'm in the minority here but if Biden was the presidential pick instead of PooBama, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

I like him, I like the fact that he's an angry man, he's clear in his intent (even if I disagree) and you know where you stand with him.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:05 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNBC Yesterday
Former Vice President Al Gore urged young people to engage in "civil disobedience" to stop the creation and expansion of coal energy locally and abroad.
This is a very disturbing statement by Al Gore.

By the way, the greens are fighting a new Cliffside coal-fired power plant west of Charlotte that Duke Energy is trying to build. It will replace an old plant and reduce bad emissions output by 80%. But Gore says that is still not the correct direction and supports the groups apposing it.
What???
It is not just Gore, it is Bidon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rXyTRT-NZg

Not only does he want to eliminate coal in the US, but he wants to set up force China to produce coal our way, what is he going to do, invade if they don't comply.
China is planning on building coal power plants without any processes in place for cleaner burning. They will end up emitting 10 times the amount of carbon as the US. It is all Bush's fault.

Old October 1st, 2008, 10:21 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
No one forced people to buy a house that they simply could not afford (for example: a single mother that is a nurse somehow qualifies for a $500K loan for a house. She's got to know that just because the banker says she can afford it doesn't mean that she can afford it. She should know what her budget is and look at a property in her price range).

I would not take a Adjustable Rate Mortgage, that is asking for trouble because many people push their budget to the limits as it is when looking for their dream home. Add a couple more hundred dollars a month because the interest rate goes up and things really get tight. Also add the extra that your property taxes go up because your town needs a new $40million middle-school. Oh yeah, then utilities go up and if you live in a cold-weather region, you realize that it wasn't the smartest thing to buy the house with the 18 foot vaulted ceilings that a a pain to heat.

True Bannister Story:

I have a 62 year old black man with nothing but a high school education who works for me. He has been with this Company since the mid 80's in a general maintenance / janitorial capacity. He is irreplaceable. He has been in the same house for 15 years in a distressed neighborhood in Memphis.

About 5 years ago he and the wife were having trouble making their monthly budget needs met. He went and talked to his banker (Regions Bank) and the guy convinced him that an ARM was perfect for him. He showed him the low initial monthly payments and it was amazingly exactly where he told the guy he needed to be. Perfect!

About a year / year and a half ago he came to me for some advice. His ARM had gone up on him every year and he was right back where he started. To make matters worse, based on the neighborhood he lived in, his house was worth a bit less than what he owed in principal. He showed me his situation and I advised him to get out of that mortgage and get into a fixed rate mortgage.

The following week he comes into my office very excited. He had gone to a mortgage company (Wells Fargo) and they had sent him paperwork for a new "fixed" rate mortgage. I looked at the paper work and the rate was fixed and so where the monthly payments. The payment was $529 / month for 20 years, or $126,960.00. The catch? After 20 years he would still owe $63,000.00 on his home, which coincidentally was exactly what he owed at the time. I explained this to him and his response to me was yeah but look at that monthly payment, I can do that.

He had been living month to month for so long he had real trouble seeing the long term problems that he would be getting himself into. He said 20 years is so far away I'll probably dead by then. The bank can have the house. I convinced him not to put his signature on that mortgage and we went and found another "real" mortgage for him.

The problem is, he put faith in these people to help him out of his situations and all they saw was a quick buck. The didn't care that in the long run he would end up being screwed. They knew it but they also knew that they would bundle his mortgage with other questionable mortgages and sell them off. He was relying on them to see his long-term when to them, his long-term was somebody elses problem.

I called and complained to the WF mortgage broker and his manager. Their response, "We clearly show everything in the paperwork, if he couldn't understand it, that's not our problem." I said that, when they had him their offices, they never explained to him that it was "interest only" they kept telling that it was "fixed". The managers response, "It is fixed, that rate will never go up."

The word of the day: Greed

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

And like I said, there's going to be some shooting soon. Again, I can't wait.

Bannister, I don't know you from Adam, but you sure sound like a good friend. That was pretty cool of you to hook-a-brotha-up like that and save him some pain on the back end...maybe leave a legacy to his kids even!

+REP

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM

Come my children and bask in my wonderous presence.

lol.

I didn't mean that a post to show how great I am, I meant to say that these financial institutions that we are talking about "bailing out" got themselves into this mess. This guys mortgage could have been one of these government bought / insured mortgages if he had gone down the wrong path.

Not because he was irresponsible but because he relied on these guys to be honest with him.

Also, if you +rep me, I will add you to my smack list. Fair warning.

Bannister

Old October 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Palin will be a good VP. Here's my reasoning - who would you rather do international favors for - a grizzled old codger or a hot little number who warmed up the entire state of Alaska? NEVER underestimate the power of an attractive woman.
Unless your from a middle eastern society who still views women as inferior and will refuse to negotiate with Palin, regardless of her "looks." I do not agree with this philosophy at all, but unfortunately it is harsh truth that must be taken into consideration. I would much rather have a hard-nosed no-bull**** type of individual (man or women) in this type of situation. Palin doesn't strike me as the type of person that can hold the delicate balance between peaceful negotiation, and using our military might to threaten compliance.

Quote:
Dennys Re: Race for the presidency political discussion thread
Name any other state that borders 2 different countries?
Ever looked at Mississippi on a map? It borders both Arkansas and Alabama, which in my mind should both be considered third-world countries. Therefore I have just as much, if not more foreign relation experience than Palin.

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old October 1st, 2008, 10:48 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
And like I said, there's going to be some shooting soon. Again, I can't wait.

Bannister, I don't know you from Adam, but you sure sound like a good friend. That was pretty cool of you to hook-a-brotha-up like that and save him some pain on the back end...maybe leave a legacy to his kids even!

+REP
Fortunately I have had the pleasure of meeting Bannister and his family, and although you've never met me TnT, I can vouch that they are an awesome group of folks, who anyone would be better-off to be friends with. Oh, and his daughter has decided to come to Mississippi State so I am a little biased.

Old October 1st, 2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Ever looked at Mississippi on a map? It borders both Arkansas and Alabama, which in my mind should both be considered third-world countries. Therefore I have just as much, if not more foreign relation experience than Palin.
OHHHH NO YOU DIDN"T!!!

You sir did not just insult the fine state of Alabama in my presence!!!

Which among many many other things, is the nations leading exporter of Bannister.

You sir have just become the number one offender on my Smack list.

Ban "Bear" Nister

Last edited by Bannister; October 1st, 2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: I thought of a funnier way to say it. :D
Old October 1st, 2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
OHHHH NO YOU DIDN"T!!!

You sir did not just insult the fine state of Alabama in my presence!!!

Which among many many other things, is the nations leading exporter of Bannister.

You sir have just become the number one offender on my Smack list.

Ban "Bear" Nister

I retract everything I just said about Bannister being a stand up guy. His roots in Alabama explain a lot about his obvious raucous behavior and inability to let go of the past (B Bryant). At least someone in his family has seen the light, and decided to attend the best school in the SEC.

Old October 1st, 2008, 11:23 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Does that mean that trusty ol' Democratic congress gets to run the place .....
You mean that congress that has an approval rating in single digits which is less than Bush. Oh that one. So since the Dems have controlled Congress what exactly have they gotten done? Anyone...Anyone... Bueller?
I was being sarcastic. Anyone... anyone.... Ewabbie?

If Obama died, we get Joe Biden. Not my favorite but at least he can handle the job. If McCain dies, you get a Democratic congress messing everything up. Palin is obviously not qualified in any sense to run this country, unless you just have a pretty low opinion of this place.

Vote Nader 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020 and then Vote Naderbot 2024 and every four years after that.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Last edited by Gulp; October 1st, 2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Because I wish I never started posting in this thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General