Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I don't know how I missed this thread but I like a lot of what you are doing here MrNobody. Keep up the great designing.
Yeah, I actively dislike Dr. Who, but he's getting me a little intrigued on mechanics alone.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 22nd, 2018, 09:28 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I don't know how I missed this thread but I like a lot of what you are doing here MrNobody. Keep up the great designing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Yeah, I actively dislike Dr. Who, but he's getting me a little intrigued on mechanics alone.
Thank you! Obviously I’m biased, but I just think this universe has so much cool stuff to bring to the game.
Old September 24th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Since Tickle mentioned them, here's where we were with Weeping Angels.

My (incomplete) take
Spoiler Alert!

Dysole's take
Spoiler Alert!

Karat's take
Spoiler Alert!
I think we're all generally in agreement to ignore all the weird extra rules established in Time of Angels/Flesh And Stone, right? Most in-universe material does anyways.

I think it would be really cool if it was really hard for a Weeping Angel to get close to enemy figures, but if they did, they could do massive damage, maybe even auto-destruction, to represent sending a target back in time.
I like the idea of them being able to move a large amount of spaces every time the opponent reveals an OM, but only 1 space if they're within clear sight of the opponent, like a more extreme version of what Jason does. Maybe make it placement instead of movement so they don't get hung up on height. (It makes sense, a Weeping Angel would be fast enough to climb up a small cliff in the blink of an eye.)

With all of this in mind, how about this take that blends a bunch of our elements?
Quote:

NAME = WEEPING ANGEL

SPECIES = WEEPING ANGEL
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = ?

POINTS = ???

DON'T BLINK
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately place this Weeping Angel within 1 space of it current placement. After placing this Weeping Angel with Don't Blink, if this Weeping Angel is not within clear sight of any enemy figure, you may use Don't Blink again, up to a maximum of 6 times per turn. After using Don't Blink, if this Weeping Angel is engaged with one or more enemy figures, you may immediately choose one figure this Weeping Angel is engaged with and roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. When being placed with Don't Blink, this Weeping Angel will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL
When rolling attack dice against a figure for either this Weeping Angel's normal attack or for Don't Blink, if a roll a blank, the targeted figure is destroyed and you may place that figure on this card. At the start of any round, you may remove a figure from this card to remove a Wound marker from this card.

QUANTUM LOCK
You may not place order markers on this Weeping Angel unless every figure you control in play is a Weeping Angel. This Weeping Angel is considered a Destructible Object in addition to what is listed on its card. When defending against a normal or special attack, this Weeping Angel adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
The wording sounds pretty customy but hopefully that's something that can be worked on. Are the mechanics at least sound?

Last edited by MrNobody; September 27th, 2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That's three very wordy powers I'd start to get concerned about card space when reading that design.
Old September 27th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
That's three very wordy powers I'd start to get concerned about card space when reading that design.
Hmmm...let me have another go through to see what I can cut out.
Spoiler Alert!

So that puts us at this;
Quote:

NAME = WEEPING ANGEL

SPECIES = WEEPING ANGEL
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 0
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

DON'T BLINK
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, you may immediately place this Weeping Angel within 1 space of it current placement. After placing this Weeping Angel with Don't Blink, if this Weeping Angel is not within clear sight of any enemy figure, you may use Don't Blink again, up to a maximum of 6 times per turn. After using Don't Blink, you may immediately choose one figure this Weeping Angel is engaged with and roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure. When being placed with Don't Blink, this Weeping Angel will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL
When rolling attack dice against a figure for either this Weeping Angel's normal attack or for Don't Blink, if a roll a blank, the targeted figure is destroyed and you may remove a Wound marker from this card.

QUANTUM LOCK
You may not place order markers on this Weeping Angel unless every figure you control in play is a Weeping Angel. This Weeping Angel is considered a Destructible Object in addition to what is listed on its card.
There's certainly more that could get cut, but this gets them closer to being reasonable.

Don't Blink is certainly still convoluted but I can't really think of a way of dealing with it better.
Old October 1st, 2018, 09:55 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = ACE
SECRET IDENTITY = DOROTHY MCSHANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REBEL
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

NITRO-9 SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Nitro-9 Special Attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. You can only use this special attack once per round.

OMEGA BAT
If Ace rolls at least 2 skulls with her normal attack, Ace may attack again with her normal attack. Ace may continue attacking with her normal attack until Ace rolls fewer than 2 skulls. Ace cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

COMPANION
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Gallifreyan Hero you control and taking a turn with that Gallifreyan, if Ace is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Gallifreyan, you may take an immediate turn with Ace, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!
Original Post
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; October 2nd, 2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old October 1st, 2018, 10:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You may need to start posting some bio info on some of these characters. My Who knowledge is pretty limited as is and it covers just parts of the modern Who show. The modern companions aren't really anyone special in terms of training and skill set prior to meeting the doctor as far as I know, just regular humans that step up when thrust into a remarkable situation. As such, unless this companion is much different and was some kind of bad ass military vet prior to meeting the doctor, base attack 4 is too high for her. We have quite a few regular human figures with cards with the base attack of 3 so that would be her ceiling as far as I'm concerned. Just to keep things in perspective, we aren't too far along on the G.I. Joe units yet, but I don't expect too many of them having a base attack higher than 4 and they are the best of the best soldiers trained by the U.S. Government. With a lower attack of 3, I'd then change the multiple attack bat swing to 1 skull required. Or maybe even change it to 1 shield, then if she scores a solid 3 skull hit that's it for the round, but if she rolls less than 3 skulls then their is a pretty good chance for another swing of the bat.

In general terms, I was thinking most of the Companions would be falling in the 60 point Jubilee range, give or take 10-20 points. We're looking at April O'Neil from TMNT to fill a 40 point slot right now and several sidekick types fall in that same 50-80 point range. If this one is one of the more combat oriented ones, then she's be at the top of that range with a card around 80 points or so I would think. With that in mind, I'd advise you just give all the Companions full unrestricted bonding with their Doctors. I recently tried a limited bonding approach for a ~60 point figure of my own and after doing the initial I came to realize it was a bad idea and ended up changing it to full bonding. With small point figures, you are better off just not requiring an OM be placed on them to have an impact. They aren't going to stick around long with Thor & Superman types flying around the board so let them get their swings in while they can.
Old October 1st, 2018, 11:12 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You may need to start posting some bio info on some of these characters. My Who knowledge is pretty limited as is and it covers just parts of the modern Who show.
That is a good idea. Anything to help make all of this nonsense more accessible to everybody can only be beneficial, and maybe it will allow more people to be engaged. I'll try to either start writing stuff up or copying a brief summary off of a wiki.
Quote:
The modern companions aren't really anyone special in terms of training and skill set prior to meeting the doctor as far as I know, just regular humans that step up when thrust into a remarkable situation. As such, unless this companion is much different and was some kind of bad ass military vet prior to meeting the doctor, base attack 4 is too high for her. We have quite a few regular human figures with cards with the base attack of 3 so that would be her ceiling as far as I'm concerned. Just to keep things in perspective, we aren't too far along on the G.I. Joe units yet, but I don't expect too many of them having a base attack higher than 4 and they are the best of the best soldiers trained by the U.S. Government. With a lower attack of 3, I'd then change the multiple attack bat swing to 1 skull required. Or maybe even change it to 1 shield, then if she scores a solid 3 skull hit that's it for the round, but if she rolls less than 3 skulls then their is a pretty good chance for another swing of the bat.
The bat in question was souped up by Gallifreyan technology. There's a semi-famous scene where she wails on a Dalek with it until it blows up, and that's what I was trying to capture. I'd say it's pretty iconic but it only really lasted for 1 story so I'd be fine with ditching the power if it was needed to keep her power level down.

As for Ace herself, she's pretty good at fighting but she's no GI Joe. She spends a very long time with the Doctor, and she's possibly more combat-proficient than your average soldier, but probably not as physically strong. If there's no baseball bat she's probably a 3 attack character.
Quote:
In general terms, I was thinking most of the Companions would be falling in the 60 point Jubilee range, give or take 10-20 points. We're looking at April O'Neil from TMNT to fill a 40 point slot right now and several sidekick types fall in that same 50-80 point range. If this one is one of the more combat oriented ones, then she's be at the top of that range with a card around 80 points or so I would think.
I agree with you here. I think there are a few that could break 100 (Jack Harkness for example) but 40-80 is kind of where I'm imagining them too. Ace should be somewhere near the top of that range, so 80 is probably a good target. It would be cool if some of them could serve as cool filler figures outside of Doctor Who armies.
Quote:
With that in mind, I'd advise you just give all the Companions full unrestricted bonding with their Doctors. I recently tried a limited bonding approach for a ~60 point figure of my own and after doing the initial I came to realize it was a bad idea and ended up changing it to full bonding. With small point figures, you are better off just not requiring an OM be placed on them to have an impact. They aren't going to stick around long with Thor & Superman types flying around the board so let them get their swings in while they can.
The reason I started with just movement is so multiple companions could all move with a single Doctor, but you have a good point that they wouldn't be too safe to put OMs on. I think it would be cool to do something different from traditional sidekick bonding that would still allow multiple companions to "team up" with a single Doctor.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 12:58 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
COMPANION
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Gallifreyan Hero you control and taking a turn with that Gallifreyan, you may either;
  • Take an immediate turn with a figure you control with the Companion special power within 6 clear sight spaces of that Gallifreyan.
  • Move up to 3 figures you control with the Companion special power. Any figures moved in this way must end their turn adjacent to that chosen Gallifreyan.
You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
How does this 2nd draft of the Companion special power? I'm sure the wording isn't perfect, but this would allow a duo Tardis Team where the companion functions like a standard sidekick, or for a larger Tardis Team where each companion can't do as much every turn, or anywhere in-between.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 01:33 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
COMPANION
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Gallifreyan Hero you control and taking a turn with that Gallifreyan, you may either;
  • Take an immediate turn with a figure you control with the Companion special power within 6 clear sight spaces of that Gallifreyan.
  • Move up to 3 figures you control with the Companion special power. Any figures moved in this way must end their turn adjacent to that chosen Gallifreyan.
You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
How does this 2nd draft of the Companion special power? I'm sure the wording isn't perfect, but this would allow a duo Tardis Team where the companion functions like a standard sidekick, or for a larger Tardis Team where each companion can't do as much every turn, or anywhere in-between.
Seems very complex for a standard power for the lot of them.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:17 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Seems very complex for a standard power for the lot of them.
I was afraid of that...I guess it could just always be a standard sidekick power, but that would be a shame IMO. In the show, the Doctor often has two or three companions that travel with him at the same time, unlike Batman and the Robins, where there's usually only 1 Robin at a time. The Doctor, Amy, and Rory (or whoever) should be able to act as a team fairly effectively without the finicky aspects of running two sidekicks.

One alternate possibility could be to simplify the Companion power down to a simpler sidekick bond;
Quote:
COMPANION
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Gallifreyan Hero you control and taking a turn with that Gallifreyan, if Amy is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Gallifreyan, you may take an immediate turn with Amy, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
and then throwing in extra powers on a few of the appropriate cards. So in this Doctor, Amy, and Rory example, maybe Amy and Rory would both have the Companion power, but Rory would also have some sort of power that tied him in with Amy and maybe even let him take a pseudo-turn when she takes a turn.

I naturally want to plan ahead to be able to run every combination of characters that's ever been in the Tardis together, but I admit most of that is just my blatant fanboyism for the franchise. Not every character would even fit in Heroscape, as much as I may want them to. Maybe it will just be easier for them to be standard sidekicks and worry about the multi-companion scenarios if they ever actually happen.
Old October 2nd, 2018, 02:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'd worry about the size of the text taking up a lot of room you want to use for individual powers. Is the group of companions thing something that happens in the show or comics? I only know of the 1 doctor, 1 companion dynamic.

*edit* question answered

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy