Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:32 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soulborg Haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Q9 - 180
DW8K - 130
Reavers x 4 - 160
Isamu - 10
Marcu - 20

Q9 and DW8K kill snakes, with Reavers screening. Marcu assinates Kaemon or Mittens, Isamu takes Zeta.
Omegacron 180
6x Omnicron Repulsors 240
Rae v1 80

'Nuff said.
Quasatch x3-300
Raelin-80
Krug-120

Quasatchnare good around the possibly surrounding Repulsors. Krug's smashes hopefully can find their way to Raelin and/or Omegacron. Raelin keeps everyone alive (as always) and hopefully can keep Krug breathing while he's very, very angry b
Isamu - 10
Braxas - 210
Greenscales x 4 - 240
Guilty McCreech - 30
Onotashi - 10

Braxas poisons everyone, Greenscales screen, fillers kill Raelin and/or Krug. Otherwise, swarm Krug.
Brunak-110
Kaemon-120
Marrden Hounds x3-270

Brunak attacks the squads and ferries Kaemon up the map in the early game. Marrden Hounds clean up the greenscales and put some hurt on Braxas. Kaemon throughout the whole game will take shots at the biggest threat which would probably be Braxas because of her high attack.
Morgrimm Forgehammer - 120
Migol Ironwill - 110
Axegrinders Of The Burning Forge x3 - 210
Marro Warriors - 50
Onotashi - 10
500/23 spaces

Axegrinders take hounds and Brunak. Onotashi Destroys hounds as well. Migol and Morgrimm take Kaemon or more hounds, maybe Brunak. Warriors go for Kaemon at the end.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:01 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Morgrimm Forgehammer - 120
Migol Ironwill - 110
Axegrinders Of The Burning Forge x3 - 210
Marro Warriors - 50
Onotashi - 10
500/23 spaces
Warriors of Ashra x7 350
Syvarris 100
Arkmer 50
500 points/23 spaces

Syvarris can deal with the Marro. After that the Ashra stack up well versus your all melee army. Arkmer can hopefully get a few engagement strikes!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Warriors of Ashra x7 350
Syvarris 100
Arkmer 50
500 points/23 spaces
Nilfheim 185
Zelrig 370
Krav Maga Agents 470
Water Elemental 500
Special attacks and range crush the Ashra.
Syvarris will get crushed by Nilfheim or the Krav Maga, whichever he ends up getting closest too. If either one fails, the other is there to take their place. After that whoever is left will clean up Arkmer. If he comes out early, he will either serve as a homing beacon for Zelrig or if he goes with minimal friends blasted to pieces by the Krav Maga. Of course, Nilfheim could always chomp him as well.
Old December 4th, 2014, 01:02 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Iron Golem x3-300
Cyprien-150
Sonya-50

Cyprien takes care of the krav easily. He can also injure Nilfhiem as he's the biggest threat to the IGs. Water elemental can be food for him, too. Three Iron Golems should be able to take 1.5 dragons, assuming Cyprien lived long enough to hurt Nilfy.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old December 4th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Iron Golem x3-300
Cyprien-150
Sonya-50
Q9 180
Q10 150
Gladitrons x2 160
490/12spaces

Glads form the screen and slow the advance of the Golems. The Q brothers shoot them down. All have soulborg immunity to Cyps touch.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:37 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Iron Golem x3-300
Cyprien-150
Sonya-50
Q9 180
Q10 150
Gladitrons x2 160
490/12spaces

Glads form the screen and slow the advance of the Golems. The Q brothers shoot them down. All have soulborg immunity to Cyps touch.
Zetacron - 60
Reavers x5 - 200
Nilfheim - 185
445/24 spaces

Reavers fend off Glads from engagement. 'Cron takes out your majors. Nilfheim will probably take out majors from range, but can get up close and personal. Nilfy will be the main killer of Glads.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 4th, 2014, 09:14 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Iron Golem x3-300
Cyprien-150
Sonya-50
Q9 180
Q10 150
Gladitrons x2 160
490/12spaces

Zetacron - 60
Reavers x5 - 200
Nilfheim - 185
445/24 spaces

Reavers fend off Glads from engagement. 'Cron takes out your majors. Nilfheim will probably take out majors from range, but can get up close and personal. Nilfy will be the main killer of Glads.
Zetacron isn't tough enough. He would be shredded from range by said majors. Reavers are easily defeated by the Major's Special Attacks. That being said:

Red Wyrmling x4 120
Black Wyrmling x4 240
Blue Wyrmling x4 380
White Wyrmling x4 500/16 spaces

Your Rats are easily dealt with, since I have plenty of SAs and an auto-wounders in my army. Flying helps me get good board positioning, and I think I have enough Wyrmlings to take out Nilf.
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Have Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Zetacron isn't tough enough. He would be shredded from range by said majors. Reavers are easily defeated by the Major's Special Attacks. That being said:

Red Wyrmling x4 120
Black Wyrmling x4 240
Blue Wyrmling x4 380

Your Rats are easily dealt with, since I have plenty of SAs and an auto-wounders in my army. Flying helps me get good board positioning, and I think I have enough Wyrmlings to take out Nilf.
Hydra x 4
Marcu

Blacks can only hurt Marcu. No commons for the reds. Blue and Whites specials are pitiful and you probably only have enough blues to kill one hydra.

~Dysole, HAIL HYDRA
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:45 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Have Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post

Red Wyrmling x4 120
Black Wyrmling x4 240
Blue Wyrmling x4 380

Hydra x 4
Marcu

Blacks can only hurt Marcu. No commons for the reds. Blue and Whites specials are pitiful and you probably only have enough blues to kill one hydra.

~Dysole, HAIL HYDRA
Master of the Hunt x3-420
Zetacron-60
Marcu-20

MotHs have Mortal Strike so...

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:05 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Dwerrow

Quote:

Zetacron-60
Marcu-20

Dwarves x5 - 350
Migol - 110
Guilty - 30
Isamu - 10

4/4 squaddies and a double striking dude who basically ignores Mortal Strike sounds about right.

~Dysole, thinking this army would do fine against the Hydra build as well
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:21 AM

Re: Dwerrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

Zetacron-60
Marcu-20

Dwarves x5 - 350
Migol - 110
Guilty - 30
Isamu - 10

4/4 squaddies and a double striking dude who basically ignores Mortal Strike sounds about right.

~Dysole, thinking this army would do fine against the Hydra build as well
Zombies x6-360
DW9k-140
500 points/19 spaces. With your 23 spaces filled, there will probably be some opportunities to utilize DW's special attack. I like the zombies, and they would be fun be used to make little dwarf zombies. If you bond, zombies are just as fast as the axegrinders (plus horde) and if they don't bond zombies still have the horde advantage.

Old December 5th, 2014, 12:43 AM

Undead to Rights

Quote:
Zombies x6-360
DW9k-140
500 points/19 spaces. With your 23 spaces filled, there will probably be some opportunities to utilize DW's special attack. I like the zombies, and they would be fun be used to make little dwarf zombies. If you bond, zombies are just as fast as the axegrinders (plus horde) and if they don't bond zombies still have the horde advantage.
I think I'd have a chance there but eh. Here we go. Breaking out the VC.

Skeletons x 3
Cyprien
Marcu
Isamu

Only one dude you can rise again from. 9K may be a bit troublesome to kill but I just need one whiff.

~Dysole, not 100% this works but he likes his odds

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion