Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The "I'm new here" Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the Thrill View Post
Hi guys,
Just found this thread. I am kinda new to HS. My brother has been playing for a year or so; I have been playing off and on with him. But during my last spring break, I was hit my the HS bug. When I got home, I went right up to walmart and bought them out {not much left}. BIO about me: 18 years old, going to college right now, and HS is taking up all my book money for school
Welcome, Phil. Adding some small hint to your location might make it possible for you to play someone other than your brother without a lot of travel. Or, maybe, not.
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM

marro_shaman has disabled reputation

I'm not really new here, however I never properly introduced myself so here it goes....

I'm 20 and live near Pittsburgh. I go to college at UPJ, where it snows most of the school year. I'm an Resident Director who has to bust freshman who like to drink LOUDLY in their rooms. (sorry to every other college student, but I get free room/board, a free meal plan, and $400 a month to bust you guys). I play heroscape with friends and residents, but also compete in local tournaments. I plan on going to GenCon if I can afford it. My favorite character is Drake (old) and my favorite squad is the Airbourne Elite. I own every wave and expansion (at least 3 stets of each common) except wave 1, the Tundra, and exclusives. I like making custom terrain, but not figures. Other than heroscape I'm working to get my BA in Mechanical Engineering, and i love playing tennis. That's it.

marro_shaman is the storyteller in Utgar's Training Ground

Old March 24th, 2009, 01:44 AM

Rew knows what's in an order marker Rew knows what's in an order marker

Hey marro_shaman. A belated welcome to you!

I play Heroscape loudly. Don't bust me. (puts hands up) For some reason my Elf wizards tend to make little shooting gestures with their hands and say "BANG!" in booming voices. (I obviously need to get me some of 'dem Lawdawgs.)

I'm envious of you HS collection. Awesome to have all that. What type of terrain stuff do you make?
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:35 PM

marro_shaman has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rew View Post
Hey marro_shaman. A belated welcome to you!

I play Heroscape loudly. Don't bust me. (puts hands up) For some reason my Elf wizards tend to make little shooting gestures with their hands and say "BANG!" in booming voices. (I obviously need to get me some of 'dem Lawdawgs.)

I'm envious of you HS collection. Awesome to have all that. What type of terrain stuff do you make?

Thanks for the welcome

I make mostly statues, fences, and other small things that slow moment or prevent LoS, However recently I've gotten into Paper mache and started to making houses and caves and such.

marro_shaman is the storyteller in Utgar's Training Ground

Old March 25th, 2009, 12:03 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_shaman View Post
I'm not really new here, however I never properly introduced myself so here it goes....

I'm 20 and live near Pittsburgh. I go to college at UPJ, where it snows most of the school year. I'm an Resident Director who has to bust freshman who like to drink LOUDLY in their rooms. (sorry to every other college student, but I get free room/board, a free meal plan, and $400 a month to bust you guys). I play heroscape with friends and residents, but also compete in local tournaments. I plan on going to GenCon if I can afford it. My favorite character is Drake (old) and my favorite squad is the Airbourne Elite. I own every wave and expansion (at least 3 stets of each common) except wave 1, the Tundra, and exclusives. I like making custom terrain, but not figures. Other than heroscape I'm working to get my BA in Mechanical Engineering, and i love playing tennis. That's it.
I like making custom terrain too (my thread's in my sig). You should post your stuff. I would say welcome, but you've been here longer than I have! I'll just say, nice to have you here!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Hello everybody, I have just become a member of this site, but I have been a Heroscape player since the beginning. Three days after Heroscape was released in my area, my family was walking to the registers of ToysRus after picking up some cool Lego sets. As we passed the board game section, my big brother suddenly stopped in his tracks and said "That-Is-AWESOME!" And so, as my father and I turned to see the original Heroscape Master set for the first time, an obsession was born!

In addition to using the normal characters of Heroscape, my family also enjoys using custom characters; one of the first was a sweet tank that my dad made to go with the Airborne Elite(No, the tank did not have a parachute, though that would be cool... .) A few months ago, I bumped into this site while looking for new Wave 9 info. I found the A-Z Of Custom Created SuperHeroes (Comics, Cartoons, etc..) list and have since spent large sums of money on heroclix figures from Ebay to use with all of your amazing custom cards.

So here's to every member of this site, especially those that have made custom material, .
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:28 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site!

It already seems you know the basics of this site from lurking so props to you!

Continue to use good grammar and get that tank custom up. Looking forward to your work.

~Ranior

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM

Cyrx Woo who?

I think I've been here a couple weeks now and up until a couple days ago I was just a lurker. I'm not really a player...I'm a collector. I enjoy the figures and looking at the repaints and all the custom terrain. I do piddle with playing from time to time with my young kids but it's just mostly moving round and rolling the dice, so nothing major. I really enjoy this site and am excited about looking through the forums at all the creations.

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

-The Green Lantern's Creed
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrx View Post
I think I've been here a couple weeks now and up until a couple days ago I was just a lurker. I'm not really a player...I'm a collector. I enjoy the figures and looking at the repaints and all the custom terrain. I do piddle with playing from time to time with my young kids but it's just mostly moving round and rolling the dice, so nothing major. I really enjoy this site and am excited about looking through the forums at all the creations.
Welcome Cyrx, The figures are pretty neat, but the game is even better. You should try and get some games in, once you do you'll love it I bet!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker

Hello, I'm Sir Cumference. Ranior invited me to join the site and join in a CoN. I'm starting to read through the other posts here and namely looking at some rules clarifications that I once had Ranior post for me. Other than that, I've played Heroscape for probably about a year, and Q9 is my favorite character.
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah, another Q9-er. No wonder I don't really like you. Welcome to the REAL site. As in "Not the Hangout" site.
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM

pididiot1 Woo who?

Well...I'm new here, obviously. My friend roped me in to try and get into a few games of CoN. Its really all he's been talking about for the last, oh, a month or so. Oh yeah, and I like heroscape .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General