Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Yes, the height restriction ALWAYS takes precedence over the movement rate.
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM

trachten has disabled reputation
I'd like to get a 9x9 sized table of the percentages (for myself, not suggesting it for your card). Do you have those numbers or can you provide the formula for calculating those percentages?

Yes, I took statistics in college but I hated it.
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:42 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by trachten
I'd like to get a 9x9 sized table of the percentages (for myself, not suggesting it for your card). Do you have those numbers or can you provide the formula for calculating those percentages?

Yes, I took statistics in college but I hated it.
I took it from my Dyce chart which can be downloaded here http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=417.
I sure can give you the formula, but let's not ruin the fun of other people .
And thanks for checking the card out.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old January 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the link. The card is excellent, already used it with a few people.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:49 AM

Just some comments from a newbie, but for the percentage table at the end I don't think taking the percentage to two decimal places adds much value and actually makes the table harder to read.

Also adding a second table that show the percentage of scoring a hit if all three members of a squad attack the same target helps show the value of squads even though their attack/defend dice are a lot smaller than heros.

Ignore the '_', they were just added to make things line up.

Hero attack: _ _ _ _ | Squad (3) attack:
_ _1 _2 _3 _4 _5 _6 | _ _1 _2 _3 _4
1 33 58 75 85 92 95 | 1 70 83 98 99
2 22 44 63 76 85 91 | 2 53 82 95 99
3 15 33 51 66 77 85 | 3 39 70 88 96
4 10 25 41 56 68 78 | 4 27 58 79 91
5 _7 18 32 46 59 70 | 5 20 45 69 84
6 _4 13 25 38 51 62 | 6 12 34 58 76
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Well, you know the way university mathematics professors are. <grin>

Actually, I think it is GREAT that we have such folks playing HeroScape and contributing to this site.
Old January 20th, 2008, 12:32 PM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
Brief Card:

Just plain awesome.
And it says That you can "fly around the world once in 16 hours".

I just happen to speak & read Japanese. (Oh...and teach it, too)

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM

ryer9000 has disabled reputation
Swamp Water

I'm new here and not very familiar with the rules. But in your noob card you said to treat swamp like water. But on page 10 in the SOTM booklet it says

-Moving onto swamp water: Unlike moving through water, when you move onto a swamp water tile from any other space, you may continue moving if you have moves left.

You did a great job at putting together a easy to read and understand cheat sheet.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Re: Swamp Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryer9000
I'm new here and not very familiar with the rules. But in your noob card you said to treat swamp like water. But on page 10 in the SOTM booklet it says

-Moving onto swamp water: Unlike moving through water, when you move onto a swamp water tile from any other space, you may continue moving if you have moves left.

You did a great job at putting together a easy to read and understand cheat sheet.
Thanks! In the card, it says "treat swamp water as water only for special power". In other words, when you use a special power that requires water (such as to roll 10 or higher to clone a Marro Warrior in water), you can treat swamp water as water. Anything else, swamp water should be treated as normal terrain. I hope this helps .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:04 PM

ryer9000 has disabled reputation
Clear as mud. Just kidding. Ya I know what you mean now. I have to read these rules three to four times before I can even begin to understand it.
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryer9000
Clear as mud. Just kidding. Ya I know what you mean now. I have to read these rules three to four times before I can even begin to understand it.
The card should be used as a quick reference or a very brief explanation that experienced player can use with new player. It definitely can not replace the rule book. New player still need to read the rule book, but when they play, they can refer to the card for quick information.
Another purpose is when you want to do demo event, or to introduce the game to a group of new players. Five minutes explanation the basic concepts (how to count the hexes, range, how to attack and defense, moving up and down) and with the card, I think new player can start playing the game with little help.
But the card can still be improved. Wait for the newer version !

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old March 30th, 2008, 06:53 AM

Dread Lord Hep has disabled reputation
Hello there,
just bought my first sets and just started playing last week and being the graphic design nerd that I am i felt we needed something like this to help those who aren't terribly familiar with the rules (including me) to keep up. Everything i included in my reference sheet is almost totally different than the info you included on yours. Obviously everything is quated verbatim from the heroscape rulesbook for Swarm of The Marrow (which i understand to be the 3rd edition of the rules)

I understand how to upload graphics in my post, but how do i upload a high res .pdf like yours, i think this could be a really good collaboration!

i would love for people to be able to read this and give me some constructive criticism about what's missing/incorrect/overlooked. but in this low res .jpg format, people would just blow their eyes out of their heads squinting at the monitor!

Thanks!

[/img]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion