Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM

NotsoP is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of the Warforged Soldiers

Noble solution Rev. I agree with your conclusion also, mainly because the movement is caused by the Warforged Soldier. The other units that move opponent's figures use the word "place" in the ability (Jotun, Wyvern, etc.), but using "switch" saves some space in the ability description.

I see this as another slight benefit of Tactical Switch.

notsop

"... what did he mean 'slow of mind'?"
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

The subject of the text for TACTICAL SWITCH is "you," the player controlling the WFSoldiers. The text makes no other provision for anyone else positioning figures, so during the WFSoldiers' turn, that player positions Switched figures. On the defending player's next turn, he can reposition figures however he likes.
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Post game results, warforged got torn up by orcs and knights. IT appears like warforged mess with any good melee, but good melee mixed with heroes and synergy mess them up.
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I've concluded that the Warforge are a great unit, but require alot of skill and thought on how to play properly. They are not a unit that you just rush out.

You really have to choose your approach each game with them.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

I'm more impressed with these guys every time I see them. We played Warforged x4 against Phantom Knights and Iron Golems this weekend. It's pretty disheartening to gain height with the Phantom Knights only to have it taken away by the Warforged. The Iron Golems squished a number of them, but 1 attack against 3 can only take you so far.

I guess this begs the questions: Good counters? I'm inclined to think along the lines of the same kinds of things that kill Sentinels or Minions (Braxis or similar attacks that bypass defense). Does range work against them consistently?

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
I'm more impressed with these guys every time I see them. We played Warforged x4 against Phantom Knights and Iron Golems this weekend. It's pretty disheartening to gain height with the Phantom Knights only to have it taken away by the Warforged. The Iron Golems squished a number of them, but 1 attack against 3 can only take you so far.

I guess this begs the questions: Good counters? I'm inclined to think along the lines of the same kinds of things that kill Sentinels or Minions (Braxis or similar attacks that bypass defense). Does range work against them consistently?
Auto kill, 4 member squad range works great as long as a Raelin isn't involved, then it's just frustrating and have to kill Raelin first, which of course, let's the warforged close.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:45 PM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

I think I'll have to try these guys out this weekend with my son. Anyone run these guys with Marcus like suggested?

I'm just sayin.
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
I think I'll have to try these guys out this weekend with my son. Anyone run these guys with Marcus like suggested?
I have - the extra speed is nice and is awesome against a melee army. Range still needs Raelin though and then they are a terror.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I've been playing these guys a lot as of late. So far Grimnak, Braxas, and the hounds seem to be what they fear the most. Cheap 4 man melee bonding squads usually can win the battle of attrition against them as well. Romans and SB have done great against them.

I haven't tried them with Marcus. I've been teaming them up with Krav, IG, Kumiko, and Raelin for the most part.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
I've found that adding Marcus is the best way to spend 100 points in a WFS army. Raelin and the Krav tie for second, but that really depends on what you're up against. Six move gives them the potential to rush heavy range (Stingers, I'm looking at you!) very consistently.
Old September 14th, 2010, 08:08 AM

worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker worldsenemy knows what's in an order marker

Good point, Deathdoom, and good advice jschild. The more I look at these guys, the more they are becoming a favorite of mine.

I'm just sayin.
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

I've only played one game with these guys, but it used Marcus and a single squad of Ashigaru Harquebus. They worked wonders. The move +1 was really important in closing ground.

The Ashigaru were only there to get in some pot shots early and provide targets (they were split across the board to spread up the enemy). Marcus never moved. The WS dominated.

They require their opponent to completey change most of their normal tactics. Game changers.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units