Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 25th, 2014, 09:59 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker
Re: VA Players

Thanks for tagging me guys. I'm always up for meeting new gamers and finding excuses to break out the Heroscape. I live and work near Dulles as well. I can meet on the weekends at Game Parlor or Huzzah Hobbies. I'm moving this weekend so my next couple weekends are tight. We'll definitely need to get together with Gurei-Ornery and Akden one of these days! I'll shoot you a PM to give you my contact info.

Welcome to the world of Heroscape! Prepare to become obsessed
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:57 AM

Tiepilot1138 is surprisingly tart

And the addiction begins. I won an auction for a complete Valkyrie master set that also includes:

Expansion Set Road to the Forgotten Forest, complete set with box includes 5 Trees, 3 Piece Bridge, 8 Double-hex Road Tiles, 8 Single-hex Road Tiles, & 1 Dumetef Guard w/army card & game guide.

Bonus Figures, 3 Warriorsof Ashra with army card, 3 Minions of Utgar with army card, 3 Marro Drones with army card & 4 Deathreavers with army card.

I'm also picking up a bunch of individual figs off craigslist (I think most of them are from the starter, but I don't mind as it'll give me and my son more to work with).

Good start?
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hah! I'll put you down for a +1 for the tourney. If you do join us, it is possible that one or more of us will have some Scape goodies to part with, if we know in advance. I know I do, shoot me a pm for details if you're interested.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hah! I'll put you down for a +1 for the tourney. If you do join us, it is possible that one or more of us will have some Scape goodies to part with, if we know in advance. I know I do, shoot me a pm for details if you're interested.
i'll second that as well. I have extra figures that I don't need, including all the ones from the ROTV set.

Also, if you're trying to build an army for the tournament and find yourself needing different units to satisfy the format, let me know, and I'm happy to loan you some stuff to play with.
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:32 AM

At this point I am planning on being there. I brought it up with the wife this morning and did not get the "angry glare", so I think I'm ok. I may try to bring a friend too, but at this point that is pure speculation and should not be counted as even a maybe.
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok, cool. If you can build and bring one of the maps I'd appreciate it. Duplicates are fine. If you can't bring one I currently have listed, I'll add one you can. You can bring and build on site or transport a built map

= =
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:45 PM

If I have the pieces I will. All I'll have to build with is the starter set (unless I buy more before then...). My stuff should arrive by Friday, I'll take a look at the plans and see what I can do.
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiepilot1138 View Post
If I have the pieces I will. All I'll have to build with is the starter set (unless I buy more before then...). My stuff should arrive by Friday, I'll take a look at the plans and see what I can do.
I thought you were getting a Road to the Forgotten Forest with your Ebay score. There are some really good maps you can build with the first master set and a RttFF. Either way, glad to hear you are planning on coming on the 18th.
Old September 29th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiepilot1138 View Post
I thought you were getting a Road to the Forgotten Forest with your Ebay score. There are some really good maps you can build with the first master set and a RttFF. Either way, glad to hear you are planning on coming on the 18th.
I am, but don't know what's supposed to be in there yet. Didn't want to put the cart in front of the horse. I've looked since I wrote this last night, and other than the bridge it looks like some trees and road pieces (is that right?)

Does that add a lot of flexibility? I thought the bridge looked especially cool, and any extra stuff is a plus.

One thing I did not see in the rulebooks I downloaded is that all terrain (except water, lava and roads?) seem to be treated the same. Is that right? There's no movement modifiers for different things like grass, sand or snow?
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. I'll post a map for a single RotV. Thanks!

= =
Old September 29th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Grass, stone and sand have no effect on game play. Snow *can*, if it is "heavy." There are separate rules for it. It's all in the rulebooks.

= =
Old September 29th, 2014, 11:21 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like you're off to a good start with a RotV, RttFF and a couple boosters! I should have a couple spare figures to give you too. Hopefully I'll see you at the tournament. Let me know if you want to get together this weekend or next for some practice. Game Parlor or Huzzah would probably work well for both of us.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers