Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old April 15th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD997 View Post
You guys might already have noticed, but all the sigs disappeared.
I'm fairly certain that was intentionally, though I specifically don't recall why. Something about them blending in with the rest of the post.
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, I know people were complaining about it (myself included), I was just making sure it wasn't the side effect of something else. I don't really mind the sigs gone.

Edit: The answer was in another thread, but I saw this as a problem. Sorry.

Last edited by SVD997; April 15th, 2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: I found the answer in another thread.
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

Another Problem, I didn't see it reported

But when you switch to Hybrid mode (not sure about Threaded), the post box (thing on top) is not cut off on the right side

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Who 'dat is surprisingly tart

Just noticed that the link to Housemouse on the front page that says "click here to visit our site" does not take you to housemouse, and instead takes you to the screen to sign up as a subscriber/supporter.

Thousands of comedians in this world without a job, and you're trying to be funny.
Old April 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who 'dat View Post
Just noticed that the link to Housemouse on the front page that says "click here to visit our site" does not take you to housemouse, and instead takes you to the screen to sign up as a subscriber/supporter.

I don't know if it was fixed since you posted or if you clicked the wrong button. There are 2 buttons in that section right now...The Site Supporter and HMG.
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:34 PM
has been BANNED

funrun I was in the middle of posting the following reply to Soundwarps question when I walked away and got logged out. Is there a way to increase the inactive time before auto log out ?...I seem to be getting logged out if I am away for only 10 minutes.

Ok now...regarding the necromanced threads without new posts. I too have noticed this. I am going to do a little experiment because I think it is happening when someone edits their post in that thread rather than adding a new one. If anyone finds the necromanced thread without a new post...can you scroll through ti and see if there are and posts that were edited today?

EDIT ok the little experiment did not work

Last edited by funrun; April 16th, 2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: didn't mean to click the Edit button! nothing changed
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
funrun I was in the middle of posting the following reply to Soundwarps question when I walked away and got logged out. Is there a way to increase the inactive time before auto log out ?...I seem to be getting logged out if I am away for only 10 minutes.
I am assuming you lost your post. The solution to that problem is: if you get logged out, the system will prompt you to log in on the next page, and if you simply log in without clicking anything else, then you will be taken right back to the post you were writing as if you never logged out. BUT if you use your browser's back button to attempt to retrieve your post (as was the method on the old site), then your draft will be lost forever!

The answer to your actual question is yes, the logout time can be changed. It is set at 15 minutes. However I'm not going to change it because #1 I explained above how your post is not lost if you follow the natural page flow and log back in, and #2 this setting also controls how long your name stays in Who's Online list after you log out. The old site had a separate control for this and it was only 5 mintues after log out till your name disappeared. If posts were getting lost I could see extending the time, but since I re-discovered that log in trick I have not felt a need to extend the log out inactivity time.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM
has been BANNED

I found that trick too funrun I was thinking more of the logging out for inactivity thing...(it seemed alot shorter than 15 minutes). Guess I just have to make sure I don't stray from the screen for too long.
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:08 PM
has been BANNED

Re: New Site: Welcome, post your reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I keep trying to copy and paste things like the links to maps and other things,and it isn't seeming to work. Is there a reason for this?
It won't let me paste anything.
Thanks.

Are you trying to paste it into a quick reply? No wait that works
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Site: Welcome, post your reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
I keep trying to copy and paste things like the links to maps and other things,and it isn't seeming to work. Is there a reason for this?
Thanks.

No I try to paste it in the "Post Reply" section.
I am using the WYSYWIG Editor,at least it says that in my CP,and my keyboard isn't stuck

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; April 17th, 2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Thanks.

copy/paste works for me.
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Thanks.

copy/paste works for me.
I am not sure what the problem is then. Posting links is absolutely horrible. In the quick reply I can paste things,but when I reply to a post and right click there is no paste function.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online