Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I think I have mentioned it before, but my father, Super-Ornery, only played Scrabble. Good times until I started beating him. That is when he donned the S.
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
We also picked up Good Cop, Bad Cop (fun secret role group game)
I saw a play though of that. It looked pretty fun and is obviously easy to pack, which made me think of picking it up. How do you like it compared to The Resistance and the like? The lightheartedness and pointing the guns had a certain appeal I can't quite put my finger on, but maybe it was just the group I was watching. (Pointing guns reminds me that I still have to try Cash n Guns one of these days).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

It is lighter than the others, but also in some ways harder. The Equipment cards can really mess with the basics of the game, so there is a ton of replay and things are always in flux until the last moment.

I'll admit that the group makes a big difference, but I've yet to play a game that wasn't fun. It's a little harder for non-gamers, because there is no clear sense of the "teams" initially, so you have to really play your own self well. That said, the best game we ever played was with a bunch of my wife's friends (non-gamers)--got really chaotic, super tense, and ended in lots of laughter!

It's definitely worth $10 in my opinion. And I'll prefer it over Resistance, Werewolf, and others with many groups, just because it is much more interactive.

I enjoy the whole Stand-Off theme and it's well implemented here, at least in the 5-6 plays we've got in so far.
Old October 29th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thank you, sir. I told CSI to let me know when they've got it back in stock.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old October 29th, 2014, 11:02 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

MY FLGS finally got an OP kit for Dicemasters. Still bummed it was month 5 and we dont get to start from the beginning. Oh well. Still played 7 games tonight. I hadn't looked into the tournament software thats used thinking the owner of the FLGS wouldve known something. He knew nothing. So we had to just wing it since I couldnt give any info on what he was supposed to be doing. Again Oh well at least I still got 1 of the 3 Ironman cards. Not a card I really care to use but since I have a full AvX set I want to get all the OP cards. Next time I also plan on playing a more aggressive build. I was using my Xmen control deck and even though we could tell I would win the team just takes FOREVER to do it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

CoolStuff is swimming in new Dice Masters right now. I was in their Hollywood (FL) store last night and bought the new starter and several boosters, but they had a pile of starters and booster boxes, plus playmats, etc. (And this is just their little South Florida store.)

Tom had already given me a box full of his extras from the new set when he reviewed that earlier (he is so generous), so we had a lot of the new sets ahead of time, but I have to say it was really cool just to see the Dice Masters presence at the store. I'm not likely to get into the competitive play, but this game is exactly perfect for my sons (8 & 10)--they just eat it up and are so, so excited for more MDM goodness!
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:27 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's funny, but as soon as Dice Masters was readily available, we lost interest. I moved mountains to get the AvX stuff early on and we played it a ton, but my kids have lost interest and Stephen Universe and I would rather play more difficult/in depth games at work.

We started the 2nd scenario of PACG S&S last night. Jury's still out on the ships.
Old October 30th, 2014, 09:46 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I had almost given up on Dicemasters myself. I had a full AvX set not long after the release. I even had bought extra starters to try and get players into it. No one local wanted a starter till after I had traded them all away online. So most of the local guys have been waiting on starters before jumping into it. Now that the local shop has Uncanny starters we are seeing more players show interest. The owner said hes getting 7 gravity feeds so I told him he should set 1-2 back and run a rainbow draft. He thought that sounded like fun and is talking to other players to set up a date.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've been watching Dicemasters, but want to hold off for a bit. I try to avoid ordering from Coolincstuff until I can gather up the $100 for free shipping. On my current budget, that'll be a few months!

It's all good, though. I shouldn't be adding any more inventory to my upcoming cross-state move at this point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 30th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Adrian Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
It's funny, but as soon as Dice Masters was readily available, we lost interest. I moved mountains to get the AvX stuff early on and we played it a ton, but my kids have lost interest and Stephen Universe and I would rather play more difficult/in depth games at work.

We started the 2nd scenario of PACG S&S last night. Jury's still out on the ships.
Yeah, it certainly isn't the best game ever, but I have to say that I've really enjoyed playing with my sons. It's just about perfect for them and since they've recently dug Pokemon out (thanks, Netflix!), I'd much rather have them playing Dice Masters.

I haven't sunk a ton in, just enough to have fun and build some variety.

I was at CoolStuff last night to pick up about 20 games/exps (yes, we did our Christmas shopping--and most of that is staying in the home)--I am absolutely giddy about the holidays now!
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I was at CoolStuff last night to pick up about 20 games/exps (yes, we did our Christmas shopping--and most of that is staying in the home)--I am absolutely giddy about the holidays now!
If I were picking up 20ish games & expansions to give at Christmas, and having most of them stay in the house, I'd be giddy about the holidays too!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; October 30th, 2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Not that I'm not giddy about the holidays anyway...
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
If I were picking up 20ish games & expansions to give at Christmas, and having most of them stay in the house, I'd be giddy about the holidays too!
The problem is most, if not all, at least in my house, would be open by Thanksgiving. I know first hand.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games